Blog Archive

Thursday, February 17, 2022

Time To Plant- Block 2 of Summer Days

 Good morning , dear friends . Welcome. I'm seeing signs of spring in the yard. 

         

 A few buttercups are blooming.  What do you call them? Buttercups or Daffodils? Lol I call them both.  They are Sunshine on a stem to me . Warmer weather is on the way .

  It's embroidery day for me. I will be putting in a new design in the hoop here soon and off to stitching I will go. 

Last week I shared with you Little Blue Birdie the 1st block in my Summer Days quilt.             

 Remember this is a fly by the seat of my pants quilt . 

Today I am sharing Time To Plant . 

Boy, how I wish it was time to plant.  A little green watering can, a small hand rake and some marigolds seeds complete this block. 

             

I  am using a simple backstitch to embroider the designs. 

If you are interested click here for the doodle.  



I have been picking up some seed packs when I go to the stores- some veggies and flower packs.

 I bought these lovely boxes at the Dollar General.

 I love stacking them .

                            

 Plus I can store my seeds in them.  

For the last 2 years I have bought these boxes of seed at the Dollar Tree, and they have produced some glorious blooms. 

 Here are my impatiens at the end of the season this past fall  - in November! 🍂🦃😲 

Whooa! They were huge! Did you notice they  are almost as tall as  the old chair holding the sink.  ( That porcelain sink came out of an old country dentist's office- makes a great planter. )

 I hope these seeds will do just as well as years' past.  Time will tell. 

So that is what is on my agenda today. Slow stitching ,  dreaming of warm weather and playing with some little munchkins after school. What are you going to be up to? 

Thank you for the sweet Thursday visit, sweetie pies. You are the butter to my biscuit!!!

Happy stitching and quilting, ya'll

Melisa

              

If one daffodil is worth a thousand pleasures , then one is too few- William Woodsworth

Hugs and Stitches !!!




Dedicated to my sweet sis, Amy . Miss you , Amo. 













8 comments:

  1. Super post, Melisa! We call them daffodils here. I have seen some of their green shoots, but no blooms let. Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Robin. I was super excited to see a few of them blooming . Most of them here in the holler are just coming up. I hope you see some sweet blooms very soon. Happy Thursday.

      Delete
  2. You do the most delightful doodles! The flowers are known as daffodils here too. Butter cups, although pretty, are a weed here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Jenny. I truly appreciate the very kind compliment. I love seeing the daffodils/buttercups come up . It seems they are blooming earlier and earlier each year. Oh yes we have the buttercup weed too. It has lovely flowers as well, but a bit of pill to have in the pastures. Have a very lovely weekend and happy quilting.

      Delete
  3. I know them as Daffodils, but whatever the name they are a happy flower. My neighbor's Irises are starting to show sprouts. My front yard is desert stone and cactus's with roses that are starting some new growth. My lantans need to be trimmed back and the Mexican Bird of Paradise is also in dire need of pruning...it is touching the eaves of my house!. My son has his garden up and producing, mine is a little slower (I am a lot slower, LOL). Love this post and enjoyed your last with the camping info, glad that you had a relaxing time and that hubby enjoyed his tourney, no matter the outcome. Life is good when in the fresh air and quite of nature. Sending love and hugs from Arizona.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Thursday, Mary. It is so exciting to hear that you are starting to see some signs of spring. I have to admit that I have a love for the desert. Every year we go out west and I marvel at the beauty of the rocks, cacti and landscape. Your front yard sounds heavenly to me. What kind of cactus do you have? I bet your Bird of Paradise is amazing. I bet you enjoy every minute in your garden, Mary. Thank you for the sweet visit. You always brighten my day. Hugs and blessings.

      Delete
    2. Melissa, I love the Southwest, I have lived here almost 38 yrs (more than half of my life) and it never ceases to amaze me with the beauty of sun rises and sets and the mountains!! I have a modest small home but I love it, Apple cactus, paddle cactus, barrel cactus, assorted unknow names. I, also had a magnificent Ocotillo, that was hit by a Haboob wind about 3 yrs ago and it destroyed about 3/4 of the plant but it is struggling to stay alive. Such is life in the desert. I have desert trees and bushes in the back yard and a small veggie garden (some years), and I feed the birdss. I keep busy and it is fulfilling to my heart. Thank you for asking, I feel that we are neighbors and would love to enjoy a cup of tea/coffee with you. Love and hugs from Arizona.

      Delete
    3. It sounds amazing, Mary. I had to look up an apple cactus .I do not know if I have ever seen one of those or at least not one that has its fruit. I will have to keep an eye out for those when we head westward again. The Ocotillos are beautiful and for some reason I have a love for the chollas. I guess because they are in bloom when we visit. I have to agree the sunrises and sunsets are glorious out there . Hope you are able to spend time in your lovely garden this weekend. I wish we were neighbors as well. I think we would have a time. Hugs and blessings.

      Delete

Popular Posts

All Is Well That Ends Well Monday