Blog Archive

Thursday, March 31, 2022

Summer Days Block 8- Lemonade

Happy , happy Thursday! Welcome. Can you believe it? This is the last day of March. 

Yesterday was a beautiful warm day, but boy was it windy. I sat outside chasing furniture and cushions all day .  In between, I worked on embroidery, and of course I played in the garden.  


I planted a Butterfly Bush in one of my rusty gardens. We will see how it does.  

These are plants waiting to be planted in pots or the ground. I am chomping at the bits to have my plants out of the greenhouse. Lol 


Hopefully today's weather will be much milder. Maybe March will leave out like a lamb. 


This is "Waiting for Easter" by Subrosa. It was a freebie on her blog posted in the March 13, 2015 post. I stitched it a few years ago , but left out the wording in the basket. 

Summer Days Block 8 is complete. 

Oh no! I was not a late bunny like I was last week. Speaking of last week. Let me show you that I did put my needle in 4th gear and went to town,  and by night's end "Summertime Treat" was complete. 



Ok , now back to Block #8. 

This week's embroidery is "Lemonade" . I have to admit that I like my lemonade sweeeeeet.  How about you? 

With all of the yellow, it is hard to see the details in the photo. I'm so sorry about that. 


 Click here for doodle. 
Note: The doodle is a tad different from my stitch. Please feel free to move the lemon slices or add as many or as few as you want. 







   Last year after seeing my mom's lemon Dollar Tree haul. I began a wee lemon collection for myself. This is one of the displays last summer. 


I do not have too much but I enjoy what I have.  Do you decorate with lemons during the summer? 

Now it is time for me to grab needle and thread and begin a new block. I hope you are doing something you love today. Have a wonderful day, my dears and as always...

Happy quilting, 

Melisa

         

When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and make everyone wonder how you did it. 🍋🟠😃🍹

Hugs and Stitches!!!

Dedicated to my baby sister, Amy. Miss and love you.  My summers will never be the same without you, Amo. 


16 comments:

  1. Love the lemons!! Red and yellow is so pretty together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Penny. I have really gotten into lemon decor this past summer.Have a wonderful weekend, dear.

      Delete
  2. Your lemonade block looks good. I am thinking March will go out as a Lion here as rain and storms are today's forecast. Won't complain about the rain as it is needed, but could live without the storminess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had the storms last night. Fortunately none of our trees fell. I hope the wind does not get to bad in your area or the electricity does not go off. Thank you for the sweet visit , Robin. Have a great weekend. Hugs.

      Delete
  3. Oh my--make orange juice and make people wonder how--I love that--how cute!!
    Thanks for all the stitching projects--I am working on the cross stitch-spring you gave us a couple days ago--
    hugs, di

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Di. I hope you are enjoying the Spring Stamp. It was a fun one to work on and a joy to share. Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs.

      Delete
  4. Making orange juice, LOL, so love your little notes before the ending of your post. I smile alot and that makes people wonder what I am up to and I never tell! Keep them wondering, my mom was always telling me to smile, and now after all these years I get what she meant!! I have a Meyer's Lemon (Twig, it is a small little guy) it has a lot of blooms on it this year. I am hoping that the wind stays away until some fruit is set. Last year the wind took all the blooms away, I was sad. Sweet little block, I love Lemonade, I like mine a little tangy. Have a wonderful day, hoping your plants will make it outside soom. Sending hugs your way from Arizona.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol thank you so much, Mary. I thought that was a cute quote. I have always wanted to try to grow a lemon tree. I have wondered how hard it is. I hope yours has a great growing season and is productive. Please keep me posted on it. I am curious as to how it produces. Hugs and blessings.

      Delete
  5. Hello! Thank you for this blog post. I just love the first piece above! It is the March finish with the lion and the lamb across the bottom, with the black and white check ruffle. Do you happen to know where I can find this pattern please? Who is the designer? I love your blog and read it often! Thank you for all the lovely products and finishes and designs. The salt boxes are a favorite of mine! -Debra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I so appreciate your sweet visits and the kind message. That piece is called "The Lion and the Lamb" and it is a freebie from Erica Michaels posted on the Rainbow Gallery website in the 2004 monthly series. If you have trouble finding it , I have a link on my March 1, 2021 post and it will take you right to the darling monthly freebies. I eventually want to do them all. Hope you enjoy. Happy stitching.

      Delete
  6. Hola amiga. Como siempre tus labores son bellas y tu hermeticidad NO TIENE limites
    Gracias
    Me lleve tu publicación a mis historias. Esperando te visiten muchas amigas. Un abrazo de tu fiel seguidora cubana
    Dianet de Parchesfeamor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Dianet. I can not tell you how much your support means to me . I truly appreciate you sending more stitchers and crafty friends my way. You are the sweetest. I hope you have a very lovely and blessed weekend. Hugs.

      Delete
  7. Oh my goodness Melissa! There is so much cuteness on your blog that I can hardly stand it!! I need to stitch faster, or jump ahead a season. LOL Yes, I do decorate with lemons in the summer, and patriotic stuff. Have a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Sandie . You made my day. Lol. I am with you - I need to stitch faster as well as quilt faster. It is hard when you have so many crafts you like to do. Lol. How fun that you decorate with lemons too. Last year was my 1st time. Have a very lovely weekend and happy quilting.

      Delete
  8. My son has a home that came with a Meyer lemon tree. Some years it produces a lot, some years not so much. This year he had a bumper crop! I froze lemons, juiced lemons, baked with lemons, etc! My friend also got involved because she loves lemons and we both picked lemons off his tree this year! My kids got batches of lemon bars too! I saved a few seeds but I don't know if they will grow into a tree. Barbara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how wonderful, Barbara. I am so glad that you had a bumper crop. Yum Yum. Ilove lemon bars. It would be so neat if you are able to grow a lemon tree. I have always wanted to try to grow an apple tree from seed. A lemon tree would be wonderful too. Happy stitching.

      Delete

Popular Posts

Farm Friday Rambles