Blog Archive

Monday, April 24, 2023

Darlene's Quilt

 Merry Monday, sweet friends. Let's start the week off with a  hip hip hooray for we have a new week to enjoy all the things we love!!! 

My fabrics are pulled  !!! Today I will be working on a darling quilt using reproduction Depression era fabrics. 

  My dear friend Darlene  on IG ( Hi Darlene πŸ˜€ ) has been sharing the most gorgeous mini quilts on Monday. Of course I want to copycat all of them. But anywhoo! A  few  Monday's ago she posted two sweet  mini pinwheel quilts . I could not get them out of my mind.  So off to the Quilt Nest I went. 


The Quilt Nest is located in the loft of our garage/barn. Up the steps I went in search for fabric. I had not been in there since early winter because of the cold  ; boy, does it need a good cleaning, but I digress.  Soon I found the fabrics I wanted to play with and I hustled back to the house to sew on the machine there. 

Darlene's blocks were 3 inches- tee tiny and cute as a button. I am working with 2 1/2" strips.  I am not sure how many blocks I will make, but  I can tell you one thing!!!!-  I am going to have a whole lot of fun!!! Thank you Darlene for the constant inspiration and for being such a sweet friend. 

Now onto the plans for the week. 

LAST WEEK'S GOALS

1. Piece  Butterfly blocks into a quilt. You will see that soon.

2. Finish new saltbox cross stitch

3. Finish Spring Stamp SAL

4. Work on embroidery for upcoming SAL

5. Go Thrifting πŸ›’πŸ›

✅6. Post quilt  for the Say What Blog Hop . I posted my "Burley Tobacco Grower " quilt in the hop. 

Woo Hoo! 100%!!!! Here I go again doing the Quilt Hip Hop Happy Dance !!!!πŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒ

 

THIS WEEK'S GOALS

1. Quilt a block in the Summer Days Quilt

2. Quilt on the Easter Quilt 

3. Work on an Autumn Saltbox

4. Work on new embroidery

5. Ballgames and embroidery


And thank you, my sweeties for dropping by to see  what I am up to. 

 I hope you have  a wonderful day and enjoy every minute of it and...

As always...

Happy  Stitching and Quilting, ya'll

Melisa

Stay positive . Work hard. Make it happen . 

Hugs and Stitches!!!!πŸ€—πŸ§΅❤

Dedicated to my dear sister, Amy. I miss and love you so much, Amo. I send my love with butterfly kisses. 


I am joining these lovely ladies' link parties. I hope you check them out; they always have so many wonderful projects going on and provide the opportunity for other needle workers to meet. 

Melva at Melva Loves Scraps for Sew & Tell- Sunday

Brenda at Songbird Designs for Monday Musings

Judy at Small Quilts Doll Quilts for Design Wall Monday
Joy at Days Filled with Joy for This and That
Carol at Quilt Schmilt  for To Do List Tuesday 


33 comments:

  1. Melisa your fabric pull for the pinwheel quilt and the depression fabrics are so sweet. They will make beautiful quilts. Just look at all your check marks! Well done with your last list. Thank you for linking with To Do Tuesday. Hope you have plenty of time to stitch this week. Looking forward to seeing your next update and progress photos. πŸ˜‰

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Carol. I have had these fabrics for years. It is so hard to cut into such pretty fabrics. But eeeh! I did it and now I am off to a good start. Thank you for the sweet visit and for hosting the link party. Have a great day.

      Delete
  2. Melisa - you are just the sweetest! I'm a star on your blog today! teehee! I am crazy about the fabrics you selected for your own pinwheel quilt. I hope you'll share more progress.... Thank you!!! Big Hugs dear friend1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are always a star, Darlene! I just love everything you do and I mean it- I want to copy cat all of your sweet creations. Lol. I am enjoying working on this quilt so much. I hope to add more blocks this week. Big hugs.

      Delete
  3. The pinwheel blocks are very cute and simple to make. What a great idea, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The are fun and fast blocks to work on. I am enjoying piecing them and decided to use them as a leader/ ender project for awhile. Thank you for the sweet visit, Gretchen.

      Delete
  4. Good Tuesday morning as I read this! ;-) I'm at my dd's and will be going through all my stash that I have stored here - seeing your pinwheels reminds me I have quite a bit of stash to go through! That will be my day! Thank you for sharing yours. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you had a very lovely day sorting through your stash. Hmm I just wonder - did that lead you following any squirrels? Lol that is usually what happens to me when I begin sorting fabrics and such. I hope you got a lot accomplished, Donna. Hugs and blessings.

      Delete
  5. What pretty blocks you created, Melisa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaah thank you so much, Robin. I am enjoying working on these blocks especially since they are quick and cute as well. Have a great day. Hugs.

      Delete
  6. Fun pinwheel blocks! I wonder if I can find Darlene on IG. Off to check it out and get busy on my list! πŸ™‚

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darlene always has the cutest projects going on. I hope you had a great day accomplishing some of the goals on your list for the week, Judy. Thank you for the sweet visit.

      Delete
  7. What fun blocks, Melisa!! I see why you are crushing on these! Looking forward to seeing your finish. Thanks for linking up with Monday Musings! Have an awesome week, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so fun and fast and I am over the moon that I finally decided to cut into the cute reproductions. Have a great week, Brenda.

      Delete
  8. You got a lot done, Melisa! Love those adorable pinwheel blocks! So your quilt nest--I thought that's what you were calling your sewing studio, which would be cute, but it sounds like your fabrics are stored in the upper level of the garage? Nice frame for your spring embroidery block!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You sure accomplished loads! I like your fabric pull. Have a terrific week!--TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These little blocks have been a delight to work on. It is nice to be able to sit down to the sewing machine and feel like I am getting something done. Have a great week, Terry.

      Delete
  10. And you have inspired me for one of my mini-quilts! Teeny-tiny pinwheel/windmill blocks. :) Thanks for sharing on Sew & Tell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh I can not wait to see your mini quilt, Melva. I know it will be as cute as a button. I will be watching. Happy quilting.

      Delete
  11. Those pinwheels are cute, and a great scrap buster project. My stash of 30s reproduction fabric needs some "slimming down" again. I tend to buy them often because they are so cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Sara. I do the same thing; I collect the reproduction and then do not want to cut into them. But I bit the bullet and did just that and I am enjoying working on them. I hope you have a great week and thank you for the sweet visit.

      Delete
  12. Those pinwheels are adorable πŸ₯° could you please share the pattern or instructions for them ? Thank you 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, dear. Sure, I will write up a post this week. They are so simple to make and quick too. I bet you will enjoy working on them. Have a wonderful week .

      Delete
  13. You are a source of inspiration, because you do not stop for a minute!!!
    How many beautiful things are you capable of doing in a week!!
    Kisses from Spain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah you are the sweetest , dear Isabel. I try to stay as busy as possible . Working on my quilts always relaxes me. Have a beautiful week, my friend. Hugs.

      Delete
  14. Those are pretty pinwheels, and I'll enjoy seeing what you do with them, Melisa! Have fun with your stitching and all those ballgames, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Diann. They are so fast and fun to work on . I hope to make a good amount this week. Happy quilting.

      Delete
  15. You are never slacking in the creative department. Your new quilt you shared is so pretty! The 30's Era prints are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much,Ginny. I have been having a great week in the quilt room this week. It has been relaxing working on little sewing projects. Hope you have a wonderful weekend. Hugs

      Delete
  16. Ohhh love the new quilt. Your "Burley Tobacco Grower" quilt is amazing. Perfect backdrop, too. I always love dropping by your place. So many lovely things to see. Wishing you many blessings dear friend. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah you are so kind, Vicki. Thank you so much. It was a nice day to photograph the tobacco quilt outside too. I am having loads of fun working on the pinwheel blocks . Hope you are having a great week. Hugs

      Delete
  17. Oooh, go thrifting caught my eye! I can hardly wait to see what you found this time! Your little pinwheels are cute as anything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a slow thrifting week, but I did find a whole bolt of interfacing so I was happy with that. But I am always up for thrifting; you never know what you may find. I hope you had a great week, dear Susan. Hugs.

      Delete

Popular Posts

All Is Well That Ends Well Monday