Blog Archive

Friday, December 1, 2023

December Already?

It is beginning to look a lot like Christmas everywhere you go! 

December Word Play - a design by With Thy Needle & Thread finished on a Kirkland's chalkboard bought at the Goodwill. 

 Welcome , Sweeties. I believe I will be bustling about working on my Christmas right up to the day. How about you? 

  I have really been enjoying watching the Christmas decorating videos on Youtube. They always get me in the mood to deck the halls. 

 My kitchen tiered tray is sporting the usual Christmas greenery and a few chickens. 

I use the jar and candle lids to raise up items in my tiered tray.  I especially like the clear candle lids.


 

My newest mug rug is finished. I embroidered this snow globe doodle in 2018. 

December Poinsettias is the last in the monthly doodles that I have been sharing on the 1st of each month. 


I stitched this block in redwork like the other blocks, but I think this would be so pretty to color tint the motifs and leave off the word December. Maybe make it into a wee mug rug. Hmmm the ideas are flowing. 

 I also added some French knots to the poinsettias though I did not draw them on the doodle.  They were an afterthought. 🤔

❅❆❅❆❅❆❅❆❅❆❅❆❅❆❅❆❅❆❅❆

 If you are interested in stitching this piece,  just grab , the images. For printing tips, refer to the post Tips for Printing which has loads of tips from my sweet friends.

   ❅❆❅❆❅❆❅❆❅❆❅❆❅❆❅❆❅❆❅❆

             A little doodle just for you.  



So far I have shared the January Snowman  , the February Pansies and Groundhog  ,   March Sheep Basket , April's Bunny and Watering Can  ,  May's Berry Basket  , June Bee Skep , July Picnic Basket , August Sunflower Wheelbarrow , September Apple Basket  , October Pumpkin Patch , November Turkey and  December Poinsettia Doodles.

Soon I will be piecing all of the blocks into a small quilt. 


Each block is stitched  on a 7 1/2 squared piece of fabric and then trimmed it to 6 1/2" . The block is then framed  with 2" strips .


I have began working on a new house cross stitch. Putting in the landscaping first. I will be working on this piece today and hopefully by the night's end, I will have a finish. 


Pam Buda at Heartspun Quilts has a free Doll Bed Dowry Christmas Eve quilt pattern, but it is only free from today until Sunday, so if you are interested just pop over to her blog for the details on how to download. After Monday, it will cost a nominal fee. 

Have a wonderful day and enjoy all the joys of the Christmas season. 


As always...

Happy  Stitching and Quilting, y'all

Melisa

December is a simple wish that brings spectacular moments- Unknown 

Hugs and Stitches!!!!🤗🧵❤

Dedicated to my dear baby sister, Amy. I love and miss you so much, Amo. ❤❤❤ 



 I am joining these lovely ladies' link parties. I hope you check them out; they always have so many wonderful projects going on and provide the opportunity for other needleworkers to meet. 

Melva at Melva Loves Scraps for Sew & Tell- Sunday

Brenda at Songbird Designs for Monday Musings

Susan at Quilt Fabrication for  Midweek Makers Wednesday

Jennifer at Inquiring Quilter for Wednesday  Wait Loss- Wednesday

Denise at For the Love of Geese for Put Your Foot Down- Thursday

Kelly at My Quilt Infatuation for Needle and Thread Thursday- Thursday

Nina at Creations, Quilts, Art , Whatever by Nina for Off the Wall Friday

Alycia's of Alycia's Quilts for Finished of Not Friday

Michelle  at From Bolt to Beauty for Beauty Pageant - Friday

Wendy at Wendy's Quilts for Peacock Party - Friday

Sarah at  Confessions of a Fabric Addict  for Whoop! Whoop! - Friday

Frederique at   Quilting Patchwork Applique for Patchwork & Quilts - Saturday




















30 comments:

  1. How beautiful your decorations look, and your new mug rug, perfect.
    Your regwork blocks are also beautiful, they would definitely look great as a quilt.
    Enjoy your time
    Martina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Martina. I have had a great week pulling out Christmas and working on projects. It is a wonderful time of the year. I hope you have a very lovely weekend and enjoy the holiday season. Hugs.

      Delete
  2. So festive, beautiful. Thankyou for sharing so many freebies with all of us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah you are so very kind, Karen . Thank you so much for the sweet compliment and visit. I wish you a blessed month of December. Hugs.

      Delete
  3. I can’t believe December is here already. Love the December doodle and your new Saltbox is looking so pretty. We get off the cruise tomorrow and then I will be getting my house ready for our Christmas family get together. This is always a busy time of the year, so you have a great day and enjoy. ❤️🤗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This year has flown by hasn't it, Patti. What a wonderful way to wrap up the year with a cruise though. Enjoy the last day aboard and I wish you safe travels back home. I bet you are excited to get out your Christmas goodies to enjoy. Thank you for the sweet visit. Hugs.

      Delete
  4. Melisa what a joy it would be to stroll through your house and see all your decorations. What a great tip about how to raise things up with lids in displays. Your embroidery quilt is going to be so beautiful. You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Linda. I feel like a kid come Christmas time - I just adore this time of year working on projects and pulling out all things Christmas. I hope you have a wonderful weekend and a fabulous month of December. Hugs.

      Delete
  5. That poinsettia block is really cute. Enjoy your stitching today. it's definitely stitching weather here, cold and dreary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy December , Kate and Happy Friday. The poinsettia block stitched up quicker thank I thought. I hope to sit down and work on the quilt today. It is a rainy dreary day here too. I hope you are able to enjoy some time in the quilt room. Stay warm and cozy . Hugs.

      Delete
  6. I too love those poinsettias...Just wonderful how you are so creative, Melisa. Like Linda, I would love to have a stroll through your house and ogle all the lovely decorations you have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The poinsettia block was a fun stitch to work on. I used to get a pot of poinsettias every season, but have never been good about keeping them. Aah thank you so much on my decorations. This is a fun time of the year to deck the halls. I hope you have a wonderful weekend and a joyous holiday season, Jocelyn. Hugs.

      Delete
  7. Love looking at your Christmas decorations. A lot of people in The Netherlands, including us, first celebrate St. Nicolas on December 5th., the day before his birthday, and after that the Christmas festivities start.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how fun, Annelies. I usually pull out my clogs and place some faux carrots in them in celebration of St. Nicolas and as a nod to my husband's Dutch heritage each year. I can only imagine the beautiful festivities that you enjoy in The Netherlands. Our community is preparing for the parade and have already put up the Christmas lights . Have a wonderful weekend, dear Annelies and thank you for the sweet visit. Hugs

      Delete
  8. It's like going down Christmas lane in your house, so festive!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pull out the tinsel and string the lights. LOL. I have a ball come Christmas time, Vicki. I just want to put all things Christmas out to enjoy. Thank you for the sweet visit. Have a fabulous weekend. Hugs.

      Delete
  9. I love your monthly doodles - they're going to make a really fun quilt, Melisa! I'm just starting to get out my Christmas things. Isn't it a fun time of year?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it is a wonderful time of the year. I hope you enjoy decking the halls. I hope you post some of your Christmas lovelies. Thank you for the sweet visit and Happy December. Hugs.

      Delete
  10. Such pretty spots of Christmas at your house, Melisa! I was away for a week and could hardly wait to get back to finish my decorating. I am never going away for Thanksgiving again :) Love your cute mug rug and your December block. Hope you have a delightful month ahead ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Carol. I know what you mean about going away for a few days - it does put you behind doesn't it? I never you will get caught up in no time. Enjoy pulling out all of your Christmas goodies and decorating. Hugs.

      Delete
  11. December's doodle is so pretty! I've been thinking about how I want to finish this so it fits in my daughter's hanger....or maybe I'll keep it for myself. Your new Xstitch is looking gorgeous! The little mug rug is perfect with the cup sitting with it. Thanks for the Pam Buda link. We are in the middle of a heavy snowfall making it pretty iffy driving out there. Sure is pretty out the window, tho.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy December dear Ginny. Brrrr it sounds like a cold evening . Stay warm , safe and cozy. Thank you so much on my little doodle. I had fun stitching it and was surprised how quick this one stitched up. The embroideries would look darling displayed on a little stand each month. How sweet. Have a great weekend and send me some of that snow. Lol. Hugs.

      Delete
  12. Yeees...It is beginning to look a lot like Christmas!!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't you just love this time of year? So much magic and excitement. Have an awesome day. Hugs.

      Delete
  13. It definitely looks like Christmas, Melisa! Beautiful!! Thanks for the new doodle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Brenda. I am enjoying decking the halls. It is a rainy day here a perfect time to work on a Christmas quilt too. Have a great evening. Hugs.

      Delete
  14. I just love looking at all your decorations! Your monthly doodles are especially pretty. That house cross stitch is going to be gorgeous! Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/11/29/wednesday-wait-loss-356

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Jennifer. I love this time of the year . I am hoping to work on the monthly doodle quilt today. I am still contemplating the border. Have a blessed day .

      Delete
  15. Not only are you a fabulous quilter, crafter, stitcher - you decorate so amazingly!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Alycia, you are so very kind. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. This is a fun time of the year to decorate isn't it? Have a great week. Hugs.

      Delete

Popular Posts

What To Do Tuesday