Blog Archive

Saturday, December 30, 2023

Oh, I Love A Parade- 2023 Saltbox Parade

 I love a parade , the tramping of feet

I love every beat I hear of the drum

I love a parade, when I hear a band

I want to stand and cheer as they come ...

Good morning, sweetie pies . Are you ready for an end of the year saltbox parade? Last year, I shared a saltbox parade showing all of the saltbox houses that I shared throughout the year. Click here to visit the 2022 Saltbox Parade. Well, I thought why not do the same this year.  If there are any houses that you have missed or are interested in , just click the colored text and you will be transported back to the post where you can find the charts. I hope you enjoy. 

I began the year with a sweet pink  memorial saltbox in memory of my Great Aunt Dot. It was called "A Cold Winter's Day- Dot's Saltbox" 

For my 1st Farmhouse Friday stitch, I shared Farmhouse Sampler. It fits perfectly in a 5 x7 frame if stitched on 14 count aida. 

Normally, I stitch a pink house in February and this year was no exception . I shared Love Grows Here

Come springtime, I always get in the mood to stitch sheep. So in March I shared The Ewe House

Easter was in early April this year , but it was late April when I shared The Hopper House

One of my favorite's of the year was not a saltbox, but a little log cabin called Mollie William's Homestead. It is named after my great great grandma

Mollie William's Homestead with Sarah Jane's 1776 Saltbox  and Freedom Saltbox

In July , I shared Aunt Betty's at Blueberry Buckle Lane. The blues in this house spoke to me. 


I loved this stitch so much that I restitched the basket and included a small sampler. It was called Blueberry Basket Sampler

In late August the bees were buzzin' all about at Beatrice's Bee Manor


In September, I shared one of my newest favorite homes  called Pumpkin Blossom Inn.  I have to admit that I stared at it for days on end after I stitched it because I loved it so much. Lol.  

Come October the ghosts and black cats crept out of the Halloween Manor.  It is not too spooky. Is it? 👻😼

 One lone turkey stood guard at The Blessing House

December's saltbox was filled with sugary sweetness and gingerbread men. It was called Gingerbread Saltbox

And just before Christmas I posted one more house stitch for the year. It was called Winter's Holly Inn which featured a well built brick house with an overgrown holly bush . 

Well that wraps up the house parade of 2023.- A Baker's Dozen!  Did you  have a particular favorite?  I have to say that Pumpkin Blossom Inn was mine. I have more houses building away in my mind now just to get them on paper and then to cloth. Hopefully, many more will be shared in the coming year. In January, I hope to also share  a full House parade so stay tuned. 

Thank you so much for joining me today. Next time I will remember to bring treats so we can enjoy them as we watch the parade. Gotta have treats don't we? Lol. Have a beautiful day, Sweet friends and...

As always...

Happy  Stitching and Quilting, y'all

Melisa
There is no place like home. 
Warm Wishes and Snowman kisses! 
Hugs and Stitches!!!
Dedicated to my sweet Baby sister, Amy . I love you, Amo.  ❤

35 comments:

  1. Melisa, you must have made a lot of people happy with your patterns including me !
    My favorite house this year is also Pumpkin Blossom Inn, but I also love Aunt Betty's at Blueberry Buckle Lane.
    I stitched many this year. I just finished Candy Cane Cottage and am currently stitching Winter's Holly Inn.
    Thank you soo much for your patterns and I do hope you share many more ! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annelies thank you from the bottom of my heart for stitching my humble little homes and for sharing all of your beautiful needlework on your blog. It warms my heart to hear that you have enjoyed them. I can not wait to see your Winter's Holly Inn. Have a fabulous weekend. Hugs.

      Delete
  2. Bonjour Mélissa , merci pour ces jolis modèles , j'ai brodés Blueberry Basket Sampler . C' est avec beaucoup de plaisir que je broderais d autre Salt box . Meilleurs voeux pour le nouvelle année

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning dear. Aah I am so touched that you stitched the Blueberry Basket Sampler; thank you. I hope you enjoyed each and every stitch. I look forward to sharing more little samplers and homes in the future. Have a very Happy New Year and thank you for the sweet visit. Hugs

      Delete
  3. Melisa! Thank you for the wonderful tour. I do love looking back at the stitching you’ve shared over the years. It’s like finding the patterns for the first time again. 😁😂 I’ve just picked up Winter Haul again ….. now to find where I put the threads I’d chosen when I started it (last year). 🤷‍♀️ 😘🙋‍♀️👍💜💜💜😁🤗xx Barbara @flashinscissors 💜💜💜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Barbara. I have a ball looking back through the stitches as well. It has been a joy to share them all. I hope you enjoy Winter Haul. Lol. You will find the threads ; you sound like me! Hee! Hee! Hugs

      Delete
  4. I love them all ! Thanks for all your posts and everything your share, they always give me a smile. Sending blessings for the New Year !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah you are so very kind, Sandi. Thank you so much. I wish you a wonderful and blessed New Year . Happy Stitching! Hugs.

      Delete
  5. All of your houses are lovely but my favorites were the blueberry stitchery because they were BLUE! Happy stitching into 2024!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I could have guessed you would love the blue one , Gretchen. 💙🤗💙😀 That is one of my favorites too . It was a quick stitch too. Thank you for the sweet visit. Happy New Year! 🥳🎉!

      Delete
  6. Your saltbox house parade was fun to stroll through, Melisa. Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Robin. These little homes have been a delight to share. Happy New Year ! 🥳🎉

      Delete
  7. What a lovely parade, Melisa!! Thank you for sharing your talent with all of us. I love them all, but I do think my favorite is Pumpkin Blossom Inn, but Gingerbread Saltbox comes in a very close second!! Have a wonderful New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you so much, Brenda. I hope to create some more gingerbread stitches this year. I would like to have a gingerbread tree in the kitchen this coming year. Happy New Year ! 🥳🎉

      Delete
  8. A very lively parade. You've made some beautiful salt box houses this year. Looking forward to seeing what you crate in 2024. Have a very happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope my creative juices will continue to flow into the new year , Kate. I had a great time working on these houses this year. Thank you so much and Happy New Year. ! 🥳🎉

      Delete
  9. Melisa, I love your Saltbox series. My favorite today is Love Grows here. My goal for 2024 is to complete at least one Saltbox a month. I just love them. It was fun seeing them and I am looking forward to the housing additions you build next year. Happy New Year sweetie. ❤️🤗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah that was a special little house. I am so touched that you like that one, Patti. Oooh I am so excited to hear that you will be stitching some of my houses!!! I hope you enjoy each and every one. Happy New Year , sweet friend. Hugs.

      Delete
  10. Your Saltbox designs are full of fun details, Melisa! I think the Blueberry house is my favorite - I might have to give that one a try. Right now I'm working on your Pine Tree sampler, but there's always room for a new project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Diann. It is fun to come up with the little homes. I am always inspired by my family and all that 's around me. I hope you enjoy the Winter Sampler . Oh yes, we all need a new project! Hee! Hee! I have scurry of squirrels waiting to be worked on. Happy New Years ! 🥳🎉

      Delete
  11. Thank you Melisa, this was a wonderful reminder of the the Saltbox Houses. I need to get busy and finish up one or two(four) that I have started. Thank you, thank you. The small samplers are a sweet bonus. Wishing you and Mr Pinker a Blessed and Happy New Year. May all happiness to given to you and your wonderful family. Warm hugs and wishes from sunny Arizona.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, dear Mary. I wish you the most wonderful and blessed New Year. I hope to add more house stitches to the collection this new year and like you I have a few that need to be finished. Lol. Thank you so much for stitching my humble homes. Warm Winter Hugs and Blessings.

      Delete
  12. What a wonderful Saltbox houses parade! May you have the happiest new year yet!--TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Terry; they have been so much fun to create and share. You are so very kind. I wish you a very Happy New Year. ! 🥳🎉 Hugs.

      Delete
  13. Another very enjoyable post, Melisa! I love your Saltbox houses and have plans to stitch more in 2024. Can't wait to see the January parade you have planned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Darlene. It has been a joy to create , stitch and share all of these humble homes. I hope you enjoy all of your stitching and quilting in the new year. Happy New Years. Hugs ! 🥳🎉

      Delete
  14. What a parade! I really like your saltbox House, friend!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, dear Isabel. You are so very kind . I wish you a very Happy New Year. Hugs. ! 🥳🎉

      Delete
  15. I have always loved your saltbox houses - and hope to make many of them - only 2 made so far. Thank you for being so generous! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also wanted to add that I could not find the link for Aunt Mariah's Autumn Saltbox from the 2022 parade - love those kitties and pumpkins!

      Delete
    2. Oh thank you so much, Donna. I love Aunt Mariah's too . I never met my real Aunt Mariah but she made us youngin's quilts. Happy New Year, sweet friend. Hugs.

      Delete
  16. What a parade! Your saltboxes and manor houses are some of my favorites but to pick one?! OMGoodness, I love different parts of all of them. Have a safe New Year's Eve and a new year filled with every blessing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit that I am like you, Ginny. There are little things that I love about all of them. I always enjoy adding birds and quilt motifs with my houses. I wish you a wonderful New Year filled with many blessings .Hugs!! 🥳🎉

      Delete
  17. Beautiful compilation of your wonderful houses !!!
    Happy New Year held with the family !!!
    Kisses,
    Pilarín

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Pilarin. It was a joy to share each one of these. I wish you and your family a very happy New Year. Hugs.

      Delete

Popular Posts

What To Do Tuesday