Blog Archive

Thursday, December 28, 2023

Mr. Snow SAL Block 9 Sleighing

Grab your scarf and mittens ! We are going on a sleigh ride! Well at least Mr. Snow wants us to. He has already loaded up in his sleigh and is waiting for us to join him.

"Sleighing " is the 9th block in the Mr. Snow SAL.  Doesn't Mr. Snow look so comfy in the sleigh? 

I colored Mr. Snow's  stripes in his scarf and the big sleigh using the white and red crayons. 

 So far I have shared: 

Block 1 Snowballs,    Block 2 Winter FriendsSnow Mitten , Block 4 Waiting for Snow   ,  Block 5 A Jolly Fellow  , Block 6 Snow Quilter  , Block 7 Snow Cream,  Block 8 Decorating the Tree

 INSTRUCTION TIME !   Now remember , I am no expert, but am just sharing how I embroider mine. Please prepare your fabric, embroider in whatever manner that  makes you happy. The number one rule is to always have FUN, FUN, FUN!!!  

INSTRUCTIONS

1. Cut your fabric to 8 1/2 "x 11 1/2" . This will  be trimmed later.  

2.  Place the pattern between a light box or a window and center the design as best as possible. Trace the design onto your fabric using your favorite transfer fabric pen or pencil . 

3. Embroider the design .  I used a backstitch using 2 strands of DMC 498  on most of the design. A stemstitch would look  quite lovely if you prefer.  

4.   I used a French Knot on Mr. Snow's eyes. You do not have to include the French Knot;  you may want to add  teeny beads for eyes . How cute would that be!!!

5. Press and trim to block size 7 1/2 x 10 1/2". If you color tint your blocks, remember to place a paper towel over the tinted area and heat set with the iron.   The finished  block size in the  quilt will by 7" x 10" .

☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃

If you are interested in stitching this piece,  just grab , the images. For printing tips, refer to the post Tips for Printing which has loads of tips from my sweet friends. 

☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃


My little doodles are hand drawn so they are never perfect. 

Have you ever rode in a sleigh? No not this southern gal. But  when there has been snow in years' past, we have loaded up in the good old flat bottom boat which was pulled by a four wheeler. Over the hills of snow we would go - slipping and sliding. Boy was  that loads of fun. Of course all of the cows in the field look at us like we were nuts, but that is ok. It was just fun on the farm on a cold winter's day!

   Aaah the good old days;  it has been ages since we have a good snow and enjoyed boat sleighing . I guess for now  I will just dream of a sleigh ride as I enjoy Mr. Snow.  

Thank you for the sweet Thursday visit and...

As always...

Happy  Stitching and Quilting, y'all

Melisa
It's lovely weather for a sleigh ride together with you. - Sleigh Ride
Warm Wishes and Snowman kisses! 
Hugs and Stitches!!!
Dedicated to my sweet Baby sister, Amy . I love you, Amo.  ❤

A snowman quilt which I purchased at the Goodwill. 


LINKS THAT MAY STRIKE YOUR FANCY. 

Frosty McChill SAL - This is a link to the 12  Frosty McChill Snoman blocks that I shared in 2021.

2022-Flurry & Flakes SAL  This is a link to the Flurry & Flakes Snowman quilt. It includes 5 embroidery blocks. 

Sweeping Snowman Trifle A small cross stitch that I created to use as a scissor fob.  

2022- Everybody Loves A Parade- Well I Hope SoA Parade of Winter and Snowman Cross stitch and Doodles. 









22 comments:

  1. Mr Snow (Sleighing snowman) is wonderful and so stinkin' cute! Thank you again, Melisa! Enjoy your Thursday. DarleneJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was a fun quick block to work on . I am having a ball working on Mr. Snow . I can not wait to start putting all the blocks together . Happy Thursday, dear Darlene. Thank you for the sweet morning visit. Hugs.

      Delete
  2. Another cute snowman! You really come up with the best drawings! And I love that little snowman quilt. Thank you for rescuing him! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Donna. I love snowmen and they are so much fun to draw. I could not believe it when I spotted the snowman quilt at the thrift store. It just had to come home with me. Have a great weekend. Hugs.

      Delete
  3. Darling snowman quilt! Mr. Snow in his sleigh is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Robin. I am enjoying working on Mr. Snow and was thrilled to find the snowman quilt. It fits in perfectly. Hugs.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, dear Isabel. I am really enjoying working on these blocks. Have a lovely day, sweet friend. Hugs.

      Delete
  5. What a great find at the Goodwill! Thanks for another oh sew cute Mr. Snow block!! I need to get busy on mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is always a treasure hunt when I go to the Goodwill and my eyes are always peeled for quilts and needlework. Thank you so much, Brenda. I hope you have a wonderful day. Hugs.

      Delete
  6. Very fun block! It's another fun set of blocks. Looking forward to seeing how you set all these together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Kate. I have been mulling over how to set them. I am thinking about a churn dash block but am not set on that yet. Hope you have a fabulous day. Hugs.

      Delete
  7. Aww... what a cutie! All of your snowmen just make me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah can you tell that I love snowmen? Lol. These are so much to create and stitch up quickly. Thank you so much for the sweet visit, Carol. Happy stitching. Hugs.

      Delete
  8. Sleighing in a boat pulled by a tractor, that must have been fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it was, Jenny. Usually a couple of us got in the boat together as the others waited for their turns. We have a lot of nice hills to sleigh and sled on -now we just need snow. Lol. Thank you for the sweet visit. hugs.

      Delete
  9. All the Mr. Snows are adorable, Melisa! I have not ever ridden in a sleigh, but it does look like fun. I do like your idea though - getting pulled by a tractor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been years since we have had a big snow but every year that we do , the boat is pulled out. Lol. We used to sled on old tin which is dangerous, but that was all we had. Thank you for the sweet visit, Diann. Hugs.

      Delete
  10. When I was 6 my dad bought a pony for my birthday. He built a sulky cart for summer and a sleigh for winter rides. I also had a saddle for when it was just me riding. I had him for 20 years. It was great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah what a sweet memory , Lorraine and to have him that long. He was certainly loved. I bet you have so many fond memories of the little fella. That just warms my heart. Have a wonderful day. Hugs.

      Delete
  11. Now, that is a story! Sleighing in a boat with a 4 wheeler! YeeHa! I had 1 sleigh ride long, long ago. It was cold and clear and night time with a million stars! A wonderful memory! Mr. Snow needs to go courting so he can take someone on a sleigh ride. This is a wonderfully perfect stitch and will always remind me of my special ride. Thank you, Melisa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol you can imagine we were hooting and hollering as we rode in the boat. The other kiddos were always waiting for their turn. A sleigh ride on a dark clear night sounds magical, Ginny. It warms my heart that this brought back fond memories. Mr. Snow does need a girlfriend doesn't he? Hee! Hee! Hugs and Blessings.

      Delete

Popular Posts

What To Do Tuesday