Blog Archive

Sunday, December 24, 2023

Slow Stitching Christmas Eve and A Plate of Gingers Doodle Freebie

Ho! Ho! Ho! and Happy Slow Stitching Santa Sunday!

Image is from Pinterest    

Do you have your needle and thread ready for some stitching?  

Well before I get into stitching. Move over Santa here comes "Merry"! OH MY WORD!!!! Is this little Annie not as sweet as a two dollar button?!  

This adorable gal was created  by dear Sheila, @thecraftaholiccreations  on Instagram. She makes some of the most beautiful creations for every holiday not just Annies but other characters as well.  Merry is dressed in the cutest  homespun dress with a darling poinsettia apron. She is dressed to the T for Christmas. Isn't she? 

If you have a chance, please check Sheila out on Instagram. I promise you her posts always bring a  warm smile to your  heart, and if you see a sweet creation that you want to adopt, just direct message Sheila and she can help you.  Thank you , dear Sheila. "Merry" will be staying out year round for me. 

A darling poinsettia stitch from my dear friend, Patricia. - Just gorgeous. Thank you , sweet friend.  

Today Mr. Pinker and I will be busy in the kitchen working on a Christmas Eve meal for later in the evening . The whole family will be coming over, but during my downtime when cookies are baking and while Mr. Pinker is at the grill,  I will sneak over the the recliner and try to put in a few stitches in my newest embroidery " A Plate of Gingers"  . Now how cute are these little fellows? Pretty darn cute if you ask me? Hee! Hee! 

Santa is standing guard over those cookies. Dear Joan stitched, Santa. Is he not magnificent?
 Thank you my , sweet friend. 

 Some of you may remember that a few weeks ago I shareA Bowl of Gingerbread which I fully intended to finish into a small wall hanging.  However after much thought, I decided to add 3 more blocks and make a bigger quilt. 

The unfinished block size is 8 1/2" x 10 1/2". I have not decided how I will fully finish them, but once all of the blocks are embroidered I will probably frame them in 2" squares. We will see though. 

I used the following DMC floss colors- 898, 498, 351, 3371, 895,  and 413 in a  A Bowl of Gingerbread. I will continue to use some of the same colors in "A Plate of Gingers". If all goes well, the next 2 blocks will come in January; hopefully, I can let you know next Sunday. 

πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„

If you are interested in stitching this piece,  just grab , the images. For printing tips, refer to the post Tips for Printing which has loads of tips from my sweet friends. 

πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„




  Image is from Pinterest    

Now onto the plans for the week. 

Did I Get'r Done... Well   -  Last Week's Goals were.. 
🌞1. Decorate for Christmas.  
🌞2.Work on Hinzeit's November Point.
✅🌞3. Start new Saltbox. 
🌞4. Finish Block 8  in the Mr. Snow SAL for  Thursday's post.
 Image is from Pinterest    


Here I go again! Doing a happy little Christmas Eve jig for I completed 100% of my goals. πŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒ
Image is from Pinterest    

Hmm.... What Should I do This Week? 
🌞1. Pick out new quilt top to put in hoop.
🌞2.Work on new saltbox
🌞3. Work on my Easter quilt.
🌞4. Finish Block 9  in the Mr. Snow SAL for  Thursday's post.
🌞5.Pack for camping trip. 

Well that is certainly enough things to get me through the week. With that being said I have to forewarn you. Hee! Hee! This week there will be a flurry of  end of the year posts from me just about every day . I hope you do not mind, but I will quieten down after that. More on that next Sunday that is  if all goes well. Anywhoo, thank you for dropping by this busy Christmas Eve. I wish you the most wonderful and blessed Christmas. 
"Mary's Sampler" which is a freebie from Plum Street Sampler. 

As Always...


Happy  Stitching and Quilting, ya'll

Melisa 

"Joy to the world, the Lord is come, Let Earth receive her King. "-Joy to the World

Hugs and Stitches!!!!πŸ€—πŸ§΅❤

Dedicated to my dear sister, Amy Christmas as everyday  is not the same without you . I love and miss you so much.. Love you , Amo. 
 
My Barnyard Tree is choked full of farm ornaments. 
Links That May Strike your Fancy
Down Christmas Lane- A Parade of Previous Freebies-   A  list of previous free cross stitch, quilting, and embroidery freebies. 

The newest addition to the farm tree is this precious sheep ornie a gift from my dear friend, Robin. It will stay out year round. Love it. 

I am joining these lovely ladies' link parties. I hope you check them out; they always have so many wonderful projects going on and provide the opportunity for other needle workers to meet. 

Frederique at   Quilting Patchwork Applique for Patchwork & Quilts - Saturday

Kathy at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Stitching Sunday

Kate at Life in Pieces for  Stitching Stuff ( Sunday) 

Cynthia at Quilting is More Fun Than Housework for Oh Scrap - Sunday 

Melva at Melva Loves Scraps for Sew & Tell- Sunday

Brenda at Songbird Designs for Monday Musings

Judy at Small Quilts Doll Quilts for Design Wall Monday
Joy at Days Filled with Joy for This and That

Carol at Quilt Schmilt  for To Do List Tuesday 


ANOTHER  REMINDER:I will be sharing a flurry of posts this week as I wrap up the year- just about every day. I hope you do not mind.  There is a reason there will be so many ,and then I will quieten down a bit. - More on that story at the end of the week. 

My daughter said her 1st jump was exhilarating and hopes to make a jump next Christmas! 




















32 comments:

  1. Je vous souhaite Γ  vous et votre famille un heureux rΓ©veillon et vous remercie de tout cΕ“ur pour tout ce que vous partagez avec nous tous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, dear. You are so very kind. I wish you a very Happy New Year as well. Have a wonderful day. Hugs.

      Delete
  2. Merry Christmas with the family, Melisa. I wish you to be very happy!!
    The doll is very pretty. I know Sheila and her creations.
    Thank you very much for the new gingerbread man design.
    OOH!! How brave your daughter is in this parachute jump!!!
    Many kisses and hugs from Spain,
    PilarΓ­n

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Pilarin. Sheila makes some beautiful dolls doesn't she? It was nerve wracking to watch my daughter but she enjoyed it. Hugs

      Delete
  3. Your Christmas Anne is really sweet. Enjoy your stitching and family time today. We'll be doing the meal prep think for our holiday celebration later this afternoon. Have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Kate. I am looking forward to having this little Annie on display. I bet everything was delicious and I hope that you are enjoying some leftovers. We had our Christmas Eve celebration with finger foods and then the big meal on Christmas. Lots of turkey sandwiches are in our future. Lol. Hugs.

      Delete
  4. That Annie is so precious! And LOVE that pic of your daughter doing the tandem jump. Talk about BRAVE!! Wow. Thank you for sharing all of your projects and patterns with us!
    A Very Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Donna. I am thrilled to have this little Annie on display . It is even cuter in person. The whole family came out to watch my daughter jump. She enjoyed every minute of it. Happy New Year's dear friend. Hugs.

      Delete
  5. Merry Christmas, Melisa! Looking forward to catching up on your blog when things quieten down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaah thank you so much, dear. I hope you had a very Merry Christmas and I wish you a New Year filled with blessings. Hugs.

      Delete
  6. Merry is adorable. Thank you for sharing her information! It sounds like you and Mr. Pinker are going to have a bustling day. What a wonderful picture of your daughter jumping! Have a blessed day, Melisa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Robin. I am thrilled to have a new addition to my Annie family. She is adorable. We did have a very busy day. Thankfully our daughters were of great help to get everything done. Hugs.

      Delete
  7. Your plate of gingerbread cookies is adorable, Melisa! I have the first one - the bowl - ready to stitch, but haven't started yet. Maybe I'll put a few slow stitches into that one today. Have a wonderful Christmas Eve with your family! Thanks for sharing the picture of your daughter doing her skydive - we're all impressed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Diann. I can not wait for you to see the next gingerbread block. I am wanting to frame all of the blocks in fabric colors similar to your 16 patch that you created. I was a nervous wreck watching my daughter and all of the jumpers. She was the last to jump . It was a long day. Lol. Have a great evening. Hugs.

      Delete
  8. Merry Christmas to you and yours, Melisa! I'm crazy about the plate of gingerbread - adorable!! Like you, I've never met a Gingerbread Boy or Girl I didn't love. Enjoy your family and don't forget to take a stitch or two. DarleneJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Darlene. This little block went through a lot of changes, but I am loving working on it. I can not wait for you to see the next one. It is a cute one too, if I do say so. Lol. Hugs.

      Delete
  9. I think that's really cool that your daughter is going to try to make a parachute jump each Christmas. What a great way to end the year!!! Love your little gingerbread blocks. I may have to work on these myself. We love gingerbread around here. Sweet Merry Christmas to you, Melisa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She absolutely loved it. The whole family came out to see her, but I was a nervous wreck watching her. We took lots of photos and videos though. She is hoping someone else will jump with her next time. It won't be me though. Lol. Hope you had a Merry Christmas, Susie and I wish you and your family a Happy New Year. Hugs.

      Delete
  10. Oh what a sweet Merry!!! I am jealous--I keep saying I am going to make a new doll or two--but just never seem to get any made--hummmm???? And you saved me--I was working on border for the gingerbread in the bowl yesterday--but didn't have time to sew it on--now I will wait and do the ginger's on the plate and see where you are going with this project????
    Merry Christmas--and thanks for all the happy stitching you have given me in 2023!
    hugs, di

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Sheila did such an amazing job on Merry. I am thrilled to have this little gal. She is indeed making me merry. I was thinking of a total of 4 gingerbread blocks. I had not planned on that when I posted the 1st block but I started doodling and had to add more. I can not wait for you to see the 3rd block. Thank you again for stitching so many of my humble designs. Happy New Year. Hugs.

      Delete
  11. Melisa - thank you so much for all your lovely patterns and encouraging words. I have just overcome some wrist problems and a time of feeling that there was nothing that I wanted to stitch until I saw your Gingerbread House! I loved it and have just finished it in time for Christmas. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah I am so honored that you stitched, The Gingerbread House and it warms my heart that you enjoyed it. I hope it did not bother your wrist as you worked on the piece . Thank you from the bottom of my heart for making my day. Happy New Year. Hugs.

      Delete
  12. Merry Christmas, Melisa!!! I love perusing through all your photos and projects!!! Your daughter--breathtaking!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Nancy. You are the sweetest. My daughter had a ball skydiving. She has an adventuresome spirit that is for sure. Happy New Year. Hugs.

      Delete
  13. Lovely post Melisa! Wishing you a wonderful Christmas with your family. πŸ‘πŸ€—πŸ˜˜ Looking forward to seeing your flurry of finishes. πŸ˜πŸ™‹‍♀️πŸ‘‹πŸ€—πŸ˜˜ Barbara @flashinscissors xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, dear Barbara. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and I wish you a New Year filled with many blessings. I can not believe this year is coming to a close. Hugs.

      Delete
  14. Merry, deserves to be out on display all year as she is so very sweet. Have a wonderful Christmas celebration with your family, dear Melisa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good evening, Kim. I was thinking about you the other day. I hope you are doing well. Thank you so much about sweet "Merry" . Sheila did such a beautiful job creating this little sweetie. It is hard for me to take my eyes off of her. Lol. I wish you a Happy New Year. Hugs.

      Delete
  15. Merry could hang out all year! She is a sweetie! I will look forward to your upcoming posts. The ginger Boys are sure sweet!--TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Terry. "Merry" has a warm spot in my heart. Sheila's workmanship is amazing. I wish you a Happy New Year, sweet friend. Hugs.

      Delete
  16. Merry Christmas, Melisa & Mr. Pinker! Thank you for the sweet Gingers stitch and the other links to wonderful charts for us! OMGosh! Was your heart in your throat watching your girl up in the air? I watched my sister do that on her 21st B'Day and I know I was petrified! LOL Enjoy your family and the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Petrified is a good word for how it feels, Ginny. I was a nervous wreck watching all of the jumpers. I told her I would give her money back if she would back out but she wouldn't Lol. She loved it though. Thank you so much , dear Ginny. You always make my day. Hugs.

      Delete

Popular Posts

On a Mission!