Blog Archive

Saturday, December 23, 2023

Just in the Nick of Time

 Eeeh ! It's done! It's done! Right in time for Christmas!   

Good morning, y'all and Happy Saturday.  My Father Christmas quilt is completed just in the nick of time!!!


Last year I started working on these Father Christmas blocks which are from the book Fast, Fun , Fabulous Quilts

I bought this book at the thrift store, and it is choked full of country cuteness by so many well known designers.  If you would like to see a small flip through, click here

"Father Christmas" is a design by Connie Tesene and Mary Tendall of Country Threads.  They used the button hole stitch to applique their Santas , but I used needle turn applique because it was quicker for me. Lots of old shirts were cut up for this quilt. 


Father Christmas measures 29" x 43". Mine is hand appliqued and quilted. I used a diamond cross hatch quilt pattern in the blocks, a swirl quilt design in the sashing and a clam shell quilt design in the borders. 


The old Santas do not have their eyes yet, but they may come in time.  I may add some beaded berries to the wreath along with a bow.  But Yahoo! Or should I say Ho! Ho! Ho! It is finished. I think Santa will approve. What do you think? 


Also on the finishing bench is Shine on Harvest Moon.   It is an UFO from the 90's that I had planned to  make into a pillow back then. 


Hmmm, Now to find a small quilt to put in the hoop and just maybe I can knock out another finish before the year's end!!!

After the little one's tandem skydiving jump , Mr. Pinker and I will be busy in the kitchen preparing for tomorrow's Christmas Eve gathering. I wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas.  Thank you for spending  a few moments of your day with me. It means the world to me. 

 As Always...


Happy  Stitching and Quilting, ya'll

Melisa 

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. - Helen Keller

Hugs and Stitches!!!!🤗🧵❤

Dedicated to my dear sister, Amy. I love and miss you so much.. Love you , Amo. 

 I am joining these lovely ladies' link parties. I hope you check them out; they always have so many wonderful projects going on and provide the opportunity for other needleworkers to meet. 

Jennifer at Inquiring Quilter for Wednesday  Wait Loss- Wednesday

Denise at For the Love of Geese for Put Your Foot Down- Thursday

Nina at Creations, Quilts, Art , Whatever by Nina for Off the Wall Friday

Alycia's of Alycia's Quilts for Finished of Not Friday

Michelle  at From Bolt to Beauty for Beauty Pageant - Friday

Wendy at Wendy's Quilts for Peacock Party - Friday

Sarah at  Confessions of a Fabric Addict  for Whoop! Whoop! - Friday

Frederique at   Quilting Patchwork Applique for Patchwork & Quilts - Saturday



20 comments:

  1. Your Santa quilt is so cute! I'm always amused when the word 'fast' is in the title of a book, fast isn't always fast! Have a blessed Christmas with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I didn't realize you had used old shirts, what a fun way to remember those fun plaids. Wishing you a joy filled holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melisa, I love your Santa Quilt. It is stinkin adorable. So glad you finished it to display and enjoy before Christmas. Can’t wait to see your next finish. ❤️. I hope you and your family have a blessed Christmas and a happy new year. Thank you so much for all you have shared with us this las year. When your blog shows me a new read, it truly makes my day happy. ❤️🤗

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like those Santas - beautiful work! Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Father Christmas quilt is a beauty, Melisa. Well done! Have a delightful weekend and Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did your daughter land on two feet? I figure I would sprain my ankle, but I would still love to skydive. Don't think that is going to happen though. ;) Father Christmas is adorable, and your applique and quilting are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great little finish! Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Merry Christmas Melisa and a blessed 2024 for your family. Thanks for all the free designs you have gifted us with this year. If I need inspiration, this is the blog I come to for it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely finish on Father Christmas--nice work, Melisa; Merry Christmas to you and those you hold dear...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  10. Father Christmas turned out wonderfully! Hooray for a just in time finish! I love the colors in this one and the old fashioned look of the Santas. I'll have to see if I can find that book, just to have a look at the projects in it. Merry Christmas, Melisa!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Santas quilt turned out beautiful!!!
    I hope you have a sweet Christmas and can celebrate it with your family.
    Merry christmas!!!
    Kisses,
    Pilarín

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your everything and thank you for entertaining me. I feel like I could just drop in and we would have so much to talk about. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful Santa quilt, Melisa! There’s certainly a few to choose from! I hope you have a brilliant Christmas with your family. How was your daughter’s sky diving? 🎄👍😁🤗🙋‍♀️🎅🏻🛷🧝🦌 Hugs and kisses from Barbara @flashinscissors. xxx💜🩷💚😘

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great use of family shirts!!! Perfect timing, Melisa!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my! What a grand way to get ready for Christmas! Your Santa quilt is wonderful. Have yourself a Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your Santa finish is precious! Eyes and berries will be fun additions! You are on a roll! Enjoy your family during this holiday time!--TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas and a blessed New Year. Thank you for sharing all your beautiful work. The Father Christmas quilt is wonderful .

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yeees....your fabulous quilt is just for Christmas!!!!
    Hugs from Spain

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good going, Melisa! Father Christmas is wonderful and the Harvest Moon will be a perfect addition next Autumn! So great to use old plaid shirts! The finishing touches you're planning will add just the right bit of fun. Are you talking about your daughter jumping out of a perfectly good airplane?! Oh My! That's an exciting day! My heart would be in my throat! Merry Christmas to you and Mr. Pinker, sweet Melisa!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

What To Do Tuesday