Blog Archive

Friday, December 29, 2023

Hutch Tours of 2023

Hello , sweet friends. I thought today I would share photos of my hutch tours that I have posted this year. If you would like to see the hutch and the stitches in more detail. click the colored text and you will be transported back to the post. Y'all know I am not a minimalist. I like the country clutter- it's just my style. I know it is not for everyone, but as I always say- it makes my heart sing.♭♮♯ 

I started off the year with Winter on the Farm . The hutch was decked out with snowmen and a few farm critters. 

I don't believe I posted photos of my Valentines' hutch, but it was decorated in all things red and strawberries

The March Hutch sported Cabbages, Leprechauns and Shamrocks. I enjoyed rummaging around the house searching for green pieces to display. 

In April , the bunnies invade in my 2023 Hip Hopping Easter Hutch 


In May, I was bustling about and wondering Who Left the Gate Open in my Spring Farm Hutch display. Loads of chickens , cows and all things red. 
 Hip Hip Hooray for the USA ! In July, there was an explosion of all things patriotic on my  Red, White and Blue  Hutch


After the fireworks were over, the chickens moved in for late July for the  Hen House Hutch . I really enjoyed seeing all of the yardbirds and using the blues in this hutch display. 
I was Gettin' Corny in August when I pulled out some of my corn themed knick knacks. The corn covered dishes had not been out in ages. The yellows of the corn and sunflowers  certainly brought the sunshine indoors. 

An Apple A Day was the theme of my September hutch. It was perfect to celebrate Johnny Appleseed Day ; it was crammed full with apple goodness. 

There were pumpkins galore in  my Oh My! Pumpkin Pie Hutch Tour.


A whole slew of witches flew in and took over my hutch in October in my Witch Apothecary Halloween Hutch .

In November all the turkeys came to roost in my Friends, Family and Turkeys- A Thanksgiving Hutch Tour. This display is choked full with gifts from friends and family.  So many blessings.


Vintage Santas, reindeer and elves came out to play on the hutch in December which I posted in my Very Vintage Christmas Hutch Tour. Aaah my favorite time of the year to decorate the hutch. 


That's all y'all ! My hutches of 2023. So do you have a favorite? I have to admit that I am quite smitten with my  Easter and Christmas hutches. But they were all pretty darn cute in my eyes says the clutter bug. LOL. 
  I am so grateful and honored that you took time to visit me. I wish you the most blessed day and ...

As always...

Happy quilting and stitching, ya'll

Melisa

This home is filled with dreams , love and happiness from above. 

Hugs and Stitches !!!🤗❤🧵


Dedicated to my dear loving sister Amy . I love and miss you. 

37 comments:

  1. Oh I enjoyed the hutch tours so much. I believe my favorite is the Hen House tour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Darlene. Well I have to admit I love that one too ; you know me and chickens and anything farm related. Lol. Have a great weekend. Hugs.

      Delete
  2. So many tours. I love looking at all the pictures. I just can't choose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Annelies. I have really enjoyed changing out my hutch this year . Have a wonderful day, dear. Hugs.

      Delete
  3. Oh Melisa, I love seeing your hutch decked out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Robin. I have really enjoyed changing out the hutch these last few years. I used to never change it out. Have a great weekend. Hugs.

      Delete
  4. Love your hutch tours - what fascinates me more is your storage! We have GOT to see it! :-) Lol! Have a wonderful New year! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. I am going to have to take photos of where I store stuff each season. I always wonder how others store their items too. I am always looking for new storage ideas. Hee! Hee! Thank you so much, Donna for the sweet visit. Have an awesome weekend.Hugs

      Delete
  5. I love, love, love your hutch tours. I get so many ideas. I am on the search for the right hutch. But for now I'm decorating a side table and any other area I can with my own clutter. As you say it makes my heart sing!! Thank you so much for sharing. Have a blessed day from a fellow clutter lover. Joy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaah thank you so much, Joy. It sounds like we are kindred spirits:) I used to never change out my hutch , but started changing it out seasonally a few years ago. It is so exciting that you are decorating your side table with all of your pretties . Are you getting ready to put out winter decor? Have a wonderful weekend and a very Happy New Year. Hugs.

      Delete
  6. You have so many fun things to display, your hutch pictures would make very fun I spy puzzles. My favorite is your Halloween hutch. Looking forward to seeing all your 2024 hutch tours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol thank you so much, Kate. I think I would buy a puzzle like that. Hee! Hee! I really enjoyed changing out the Halloween hutch this year. Usually I decorate it in lots of jack o lanterns. Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs.

      Delete
  7. I've been in awe of each monthly display. While I loved April and December, it was the pumpkins in October that had me smitten!---TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a thing for pumpkins, Terry. I really enjoyed using all of the warm autumnal colors and thrifted items to pull this hutch together. Thank you so much for the sweet visit and have an awesome weekend. Hugs.

      Delete
  8. You always have the best displays, I just love that you share them with us. Thank you for inviting us into your home every month to share in your decor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah Bree, you are just too kind. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for the warm compliment and the sweet visits. It means more than you will ever know. Wishing you a very Happy New Year. Hugs.

      Delete
  9. That's it! I am telling my husband that I need a hutch! Yours look so good every month/season. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeeh! A new hutch for 2024!!!! I hope you find the perfect cupboard to enjoy, Amy . Mine is small but I enjoy filling it to the gills each month .Hee! Hee! Thank you so much for bringing a smile to my day. Hugs. Happy New Years.

      Delete
  10. Your hutches are always a delight to see! Thanks for all your shares of decorating and creativity. May you have a happy and blessed new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, dear; you are so very kind. I enjoy changing the hutch out each month to something different . I wish you a joyous and blessed new year as well. Have a great weekend. Hugs.

      Delete
  11. The sunflower one is my fav, being so cheery!!! But I super enjoyed them all!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Nancy. Having the sunny sunflowers and golden corn display for the summer really brightened up my kitchen which was so nice. Have an awesome weekend. Hugs

      Delete
  12. Thanks so much for sharing your hutches all decked out again, month by month. Not sure if I have a favourite, perhaps all the farm animals. Now to see what yo cone up with for 2024.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just adore decorating with the farm animals. I usually try to sneak a chicken or two on the hutch if I can. Lol. Thank you so much, Jenny. I have already started brainstorming on January's hutch display. Happy New Years. Hugs.

      Delete
  13. Oh, this is hard! You always have so many treasures that I haven't seen before, but I think I have a winner...the Corn & Sunflower Hutch. I agree, it is so cheerful and happy. When you first posted this one in August, I remember taking a close look at your dish of corn holders and wondering where mine went too. What a great way to review the year! Thanks for sharing your Country Clutter! Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Kris. I had not pulled out my corn items in so long ; it was a joy to bring them out to enjoy. The other day I found 3 more corn dishes at the Goodwill so I had to get them. Lol. I hope you find yours so maybe you can enjoy them come summer time. Have a wonderful weekend and a very Happy New Year. Hugs.

      Delete
  14. Your hutch decorations are always so fun to see - not sure I can pick a favorite! The apple a day display might be the one. I love apples and red!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The apple hutch held a warm spot in my heart too. I saw a cupboard display at an antique store all decked out in apples and all things red so I came home and tried to replicate it with what I had. I had plenty of apples already on hand. LOL. I bet you have a few too. Have an awesome weekend. Hugs.

      Delete
  15. Great year of decorating, Melisa! It's hard to pick a favorite for me, but I do love the apples and pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Brenda. I enjoy changing the hutch out each month. It is something to look forward to. Oh, yes the apples was one of my favorites. Hugs.

      Delete
  16. OMGoodness! What a parade! I really like the way each theme has a color as well as subject. Your system for storage must be massive! I went back and forth and can only say that I love them all! Your specialty pieces for each theme are just so impressive and fun. What a year in review! I am still on the lookout for a milk glass hen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely enjoy seasonal and thematic decorating. I usually start with what color plates I want to use. Every time I go to the thrift or antique stores, I think of you as I am looking for nesting hens. I have not seen any milk glass this year, but I did see a green one that was way out of my price range. Lol The search continues for the both of us. Hmm maybe we will find them this new year. Fingers crossed. Hugs.

      Delete
  17. Melisa,
    I am so sorry that I have not been by sooner but things have been a bit hectic here this Christmas season as we waited for the birth of our twin grand daughters who were born on the 29th......Best Christmas present ever!!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh , Deb, please do not apologize. It is a busy time of the year, but your Christmas season has been an exciting one!!! Twin granddaughters!!! Such a blessing. I know you will smother them with love and spoil them rotten. Enjoy your grandma time, sweet friend. Hugs!

      Delete
  18. I love seeing how your hutch transforms with each season and special occasion throughout the year.
    Happy 2024, dear Melisa!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, dear Isabel. I look forward each month to changing out the decor. I so appreciate the sweet visits and the warm support this year. Hugs.

      Delete
  19. Love this tour, thank you for sharing!! How can I pick a favorite, when I absolutely love them all!! Halloween is adorable, but so are all of them💙💙Denise

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

What To Do Tuesday