Blog Archive

Saturday, July 1, 2023

Stitches and a Doodle- Patriotic Freebie Stamp

Howdy , ya'll and a very  Happy July to you !!!

Lizzie Kate's Flip It Bits- July, With Thy Needle and Thread's July Word Play,  and my "Old Glory
"

This week has been a whirlwind with daily visits with the  grandbabes and nephews as well as dental appointments and gardening- just downright busy. I did not realize that today was going to be the 1st until mom said the nephews were going to see the fireworks this weekend. I immediately looked at the calendar and yep July crept up on me!πŸ˜€ 

Well in celebration of the upcoming holiday, I thought I would share Pop Goes the Fireworks Truck Stamp
 This  stitch is based on a childhood mishap that Mr. Pinker had around the 4th. 

When he was a teenager, he and his merry band of rowdies purchased bookoos of fireworks and loaded them up in the back of his pickup with good intentions of putting on a show. One thing led to another and "Pop Goes the Weasel"- the fireworks began to pop in the back of his truck causing a bit of damage to the truck bed. πŸŽ‡πŸŽ†πŸŽ‡πŸ§¨
The guys  high tailed it to one of the garages and spiffied up the truck before any of the fathers knew the wiser. Lol. I just think they were downright  lucky that they didn't get hurt.  

Anywhoo... I created a little truck stamp with a couple of fireworks  and of course some of them have already  gone off.  Hee! Hee! πŸ˜€ No truck was damaged in this stitch though. 

 I will probably finish it into a pillow. 
UPDATE: I finally FFOd.  the little truck stamp. Isn't it darling as a little pinkeep?   July 3, 2023


If you are interested in stitching this piece,  just grab , the images. For printing tips, refer to the post Tips for Printing which has loads of tips from my sweet friends. 




I finished the Mini Patriotic Mason Jar Stamp this week. Still need to FFO it though. 


Oh, look at this absolutely darling patriotic yo yo mat that dear Patricia sent me. Swoon!!!!!πŸ€— I love it!!!! ❤πŸ’™❤Isn't  it the cutest?!!!   Thank you , Patricia. Hugs!

 
Mr. Pinker and I will be out and about shopping today. We may hit a yard sale or two and perhaps a thrift store. Afterwards, I hope to come home and start the July doodle- July Picnic Basket


UPDATE: I completed the embroidery on the July doodle. Isn't it cute? - July 9, 2023

 So far I have shared the January Snowman  , the February Pansies and Groundhog  ,   March Sheep Basket , April's Bunny and Watering Can  ,  May's Berry Basket  and June Bee Skep Doodles.

Each block is stitched  on a 7 1/2 squared piece of fabric and then trimmed it to 6 1/2" . The block is then framed  with 2" strips .

Well  Sweeties, have a beautiful day and a safe weekend. Thank you for dropping by for a visit. 

As always...

Happy  Stitching and Quilting, ya'll

Melisa 

May the warm days ahead fill you with joy!

Hugs and Stitches!!!!πŸ€—πŸ§΅❤

A yellow rose for Amy. 
Dedicated to my baby sister, Amy . I love and miss you Amo.❤❤❤ I miss seeing your joy at buying fireworks and setting them off. 

28 comments:

  1. There you are!!!! I've missed you! I did manage to stitch the Mini Patriotic Mason Jar Stamp and it's very similar to yours. LOL I did a red backstitch around the USA label, too. You know what they say about great minds. LOL The yo-yo mat your friend, Patricia, made for you is beyond adorable. Of course, I love all the trucks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I got caught up in all of the happenings of the week. I have missed you too. I can not wait to catch up on your latest mini quilt . I am so excited you stitched the mini mason jar.I bet it is as cute as can be. Have a fabulous weekend. Hugs and Blessings.

      Delete
  2. What a terrific Doodle, thank you! All your designs are so lovely. The yo-yo mat is great. So good to have generous and loving friends. Enjoy your holiday shopping and celebrations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Susan. I can not wait to stitch it. I have already drawn out August's doodle too and it is cute if I do say so. Lol. I am enjoying my yo yo mat so much; my dear friend is a treasure. Have a lovely 4th. Hugs.

      Delete
  3. Love the pick-up and the story behind it. Boy, did we ever do dumb stuff when we were younger! LOL! Thank you for sharing you pieces with us. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol isn't that the truth, Donna? I think we all did dumb or careless stuff when we were young. Hubby and his friends were certainly lucky. I hope you have a great July 4th weekend . Safe travels. Hugs.

      Delete
  4. Cute new doodle! So glad none of the boys were hurt in their little adventure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Vicki. I am working on stitching the doodle tonight. I am very surprised nobody got hurt ; they were very lucky. Have a wonderful holiday weekend. Hugs.

      Delete
  5. We had a busy week with appointments, too! Glad to have gotten past all those. Your red truck with the fireworks is so tempting - thank you for sharing it! I love the monthly doodles, too. It's so hard to choose between them! Happy holiday weekend, Melisa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't you just hate when you have all those dental and doctor appointments to go to? I have another set of them this next week.; then my weeks will be clear. Thank you so much on my little red truck and doodle. The truck was super quick to work on . I hope the doodle will be too; I am working on it tonight. Have a great July 4th. Hugs.

      Delete
  6. Darling truck offering, Melisa! I can't get over how we are starting the second half of 2023 today. Boy, did the first half go quickly! Wishing you a relaxing weekend and Fourth of July!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Robin. It was a fun quick stitch to work on especially since there was a story behind it. I agree the 1st half of the year flew by. Have a great holiday weekend. Hugs.

      Delete
  7. I spent a while imagining the mishap of your husband and his friends with the fireworks.
    the embroidery pays a beautiful tribute to them!!
    A hug

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I can only imagine the chaos that it was. I am sure it was a sight to behold, but I am so glad that noone got hurt. I hope you are having a wonderful weekend. Thank you for the sweet visit, Isabel. Hugs. 

      Delete
  8. What a fun story about Mr Pinker and friends, good (?) memories! The gift of the Yo-Yo mat is so sweet. Lucky girl. Have a wonderful weekend and a great 4th with family. Sticking close to home with a neighborhood gathering for the 4th. Many warm hugs from sunny Arizona.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I hope you have a wonderful time at the gathering , dear Mary. It is so nice when family and friends can get together especially for the holidays. Thank you so much for the kind words about Mr. Pinker's childhood story. I can only imagine the things he got into. Lol Hugs and blessings.

      Delete
  9. Such cute freebies! Thank you! Loved the Mr. Pinker story! I have a very similar one involving my brother and my Dad's truck. Aahh, memories, huh? I hope you have a great Independence Day with lots of fun and food and a little kick back time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol what young guys get into when they were teenagers. Thank you so much , Ginny. I hope you have a wonderful 4th of July. Thank you for the sweet visit. Hugs.

      Delete
  10. Thanks for generous offering of free patterns

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah you are so very welcome. I hope you enjoy this humble design and have a beautiful day, dear.

      Delete
  11. I'm glad no one got hurt on Mr Pinker's mishap, on the other hand it's a fun story, lol! Thank you for the lovely stamp design and I love the July picnic basket too, it's so sweet!
    Happy 4th of July!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am too, Diana. He looks back on it now and laughs, but I bet at the time he was scrambling. Lol Happy 4th of July . I hope you have a beautiful day. Hugs.

      Delete
  12. I'm sure you'll find something special on your travels today! Enjoy! Thank you for sharing these sweet designs with your blog readers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always enjoy looking for treasures even if I do come home empty handed. Lol. Thank you for the sweet visit. Happy Sunday, Kathy.

      Delete
  13. Thanks so much for sharing your designs with us! Yes, fireworks can be dangerous. My brother had a cherry bomb go off in his hand when he was young. Thankfully no ER visit was required but it made him think! Glad everything worked out for Mr. Pinker and friends! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you are so welcome, Brenda and thank you.  Oh,my how scary! I bet your parents were terrified as well. How fortunate that he was not severely injured. The Lord was watching over him that day . 

      Delete
  14. That is a great story about your hubby's firework experience. Very happy that no one was hurt. Your little stitchery is adorable! It will make a very nice pillow for a bowl or tiered tray. Hope you have a happy and safe 4th.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Jeanna. I was amazed that no one got hurt either. I can just imagine all of the guys scrambling out of the back of the truck. They were lucky for sure. I hope you have a wonderful 4th of July. We will be enjoying a small cookout here. Hugs

      Delete

Popular Posts

Quilting , Cows and Tales