Friday, June 9, 2023

A Beeautiful Day!

A beeautiful Friday to you, my sweet friends!!!

๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ


Well, are you ready for an awesome weekend? I sure am. I had hoped to post my June doodle on the first, but with the internet being down that did not happen. So today is the day!!!

๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ

Just a little June bee skep for the garden. 

If you are so inclined, grab the image for the doodle. For printing tips, refer to the post Tips for Printing which has loads of tips from my sweet friends. . 



Earlier when I was working on my embroidery, my youngest grandson  saw my embroidery on the table. He  grabbed it,  and put in some stitches himself. I was tickled pink to see his work ; especially since he has never shown an interest . If he had not wrapped the thread around the hoop , I would have left his stitches in and called it finished. But later when he left with a heavy heart , I picked out his stitches. 
My youngest grandson added some stitches. 

I will have to create him a special embroidery to work on for himself. 

๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ



Each block is stitched  on a 7 1/2 squared piece of fabric and then trimmed it to 6 1/2" . The block is then framed  with 2" strips .

This little quilt is coming along. Thank you to all of you who are working on these doodles as well. I am always so excited when I see one stitched. 

Now speaking of bees have ya'll seen the new bee dinnerware at the Dollar Tree?  I was as happy as a bear in a honey hole to pick up a mug while in Oklahoma and Eeeeh !  when I came home I found the plates, a couple of tea glasses and the scarf which I will make into a table runner. Are they not the sweetest?  

Mom was able to find the oven mitt, dish mat and pot holder on one of her Dollar Tree adventures. So they are out there if you are interested.  You know I will be doing a bee hutch display in the future. Oooh I can not wait to do that. 
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ
This  is last year's Buzzin' About  hutch with the Dollar General plates . They were just a dollar a piece.  Oh I promise you they are back there somewhere behind all of the clutter . You know I am a clutter bug. 

If you are interested in seeing more about the hutch or the bee stitches just click on the link above. I will be doing a bee stitch parade next week. 

Alright ya'll, I have jabbered long enough. I could chat with you all day, but I know you have places to go , people to see and things to stitch and quilt on.  You are a busy busy bee as well. ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ. Stay sweet,  my honey pies. I hope to chat with you tomorrow or Sunday. 

As always...

Happy  Stitching and Quilting, ya'll

Melisa 

Kind words are like honey; sweet to the soul.  - Proverbs 16:24

Hugs and Stitches!!!!๐Ÿค—๐Ÿงต❤

Dedicated to my dear sister, Amy. I love and miss you so much.❤❤๐Ÿ‘ผ  

I thought I would sneak two more vacation photos in the mix to share with you.  ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜Š

La Ventana Natural Arch on BLM near El Malpais National Monument. 
Pressure Ridge Crack in the lava flow at El Malpais National Monument. 



 

29 comments:

  1. Sweet embroidery, Melisa. The project is coming along nicely. Love those last 2 vacation pictures too. We're super dry around here with cracks in the lawn but not like that lava crack! haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Susie. I am enjoying this little project. I wish I could send you some of the rain that we have been having. Have a lovely week. Hugs

      Delete
  2. Love the malpais area, and there are good parks and boondocking out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it beautiful out there. We were able to get a camping spot in the campground. It was nice and quiet .

      Delete
  3. Two more beautiful pictures from your trip, Melisa! Thank you for sharing! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed El Malpais so much, Robin. The lava fields are so fascinating. Hope you are having a wonderful week so far. Hugs.

      Delete
  4. Those bee finds from Dollar Tree are just so cute and perfect for you, Melisa! I so love the little stitches your grandson put in--so very dear! Your little June bee skep is darling. Hope you enjoy your weekend! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt very lucky to get the Dollar Tree plates ; in fact I got the last of them. Hopefully they will get more in soon. Oh yes, I enjoyed seeing the grandbaby take an interest in stitching. Lol- even if it is his beautiful way. Hugs.

      Delete
  5. So glad you are back home and safe. Your pictures are beautiful. Looks like you had a wonderful trip. Hope Mr Pinker is recovering well. Missed seeing your happy and inspiring messages. Have a wonderful weekend.๐Ÿ˜ป

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah that means the world to me , dear. Thank you from the bottom of my hear.t Mr. Pinker is doing well- I so appreciate the well wishes. Have a beautiful day . Hugs.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful embroidery and shopping at the Dollar Tree was great!!
    A hug

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Isabel. I was thrilled to be able to get the bee plates. Have a beautiful day. Hugs.

      Delete
  7. oh, Melisa, I have to find a Dollar Tree around here, I absolutely love the bee plates!! You know I absolutely need another dish set, LOL!! Love the skeep for June, I can't believe it is June already. Sweet stitching from your youngest, I would have just cut the thread abroung the hoop and finished it as is, what a memory!! But, his very own to stitch is a grand idea!! Many hugs from Arizona.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure hope you find a Dollar Tree and are able to get the plates. You might try Family Dollar too. Lol I am like you - like I needed more plates, but I love them so. I wish I had thought of that about just snipping the threads around the hoop. That is a great idea. I will have to do that next time- if he decides to stitch again. Have a wonderful day, dear Mary. Hugs.

      Delete
  8. I love those sweet doodle blocks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Jenny. I am loving every moment working on them. Have a blessed day. Hugs.

      Delete
  9. I enjoyed the bee-prequel, Melisa!!! Looking forward to next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Nancy. I can not wait to do a parade of my bee stitches though I will not put them out until late summer. Have a great week. Happy quilting.

      Delete
  10. The June doodle is so sweet! The beehive hutch is very pretty! Would love to see things up close. The honeycomb and the honeybee plates are really somethin'! What a cool look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Ginny. I have really been enjoying the bee pieces. I thought the honeycomb plates were so unusual and a dollar at that. Lol. Have a blessed day.

      Delete
  11. A beautiful June block, it goes perfectly with the others, you've come up with something great.
    Last year I stitched bees and sunflowers and next year I want to work on more motifs.
    Unfortunately, we have fewer and fewer bees, it's so sad. We need them so badly.
    Enjoy your weekend,
    Martina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Martina. I started stitching sunflowers and bees a couple of years ago and have been enjoying adding to my collection. I hope you have a wonderful time adding to yours as well. Hugs.

      Delete
  12. I missed you sooooo much and I am sooooo glad you're home!!! It was nice to read about your adventures and such. Your embroidery doodles are very cute. Sadly, no matter what I do I can't seem to print them the correct size. Big Sigh! Enjoy your Saturday and stitch, stitch and stitch some more. Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Darlene. That means the world to me. In fact you will never know how much. It just breaks my heart that you can not get the little charts and doodles to come out the right size. I just hate that google doesn't cooperate for me anymore. I hope you are having a lovely week. Hugs.

      Delete
  13. I really missed you, sweet Melisa! Sounds as though you had a wonderful vacation though! Thanks for the new June block. Love the bee goodies! Glad you were able to find some new ones you love! Have a wonderful weekend, my friend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw Brenda that means so much to me; thank you from the bottom of my heart. We did have a great vacation and I feel refreshed now. It takes a while to get back in the groove after being away for awhile though. Lol. Happy quilting.

      Delete
  14. Happy to see you are back, I'm glad that you had a great vacation and that Mr. Pinker is better. I wish him a complete recovery soon. Ah I need to pop in the Dollar Tree, I haven't been there in a while!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw thank you so much, Diana for the sweet well wishes for Mr. Pinker . We had a wonderful vacation before his surgery . Oh I do hope you find some treasures at the Dollar Tree. Have a beautiful day. Hugs.

      Delete
  15. Oh I agree, Donna. My oldest grandson has more of an interest, but the little one just picked this piece up on a whim. I didn't know it at the time, but loved his work.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Farm Friday Rambles