Blog Archive

Sunday, December 3, 2023

Jingling the Day Away and A Christmas Freebie

Happy happy Sunday , sweet friends! 

 This morning I am jamming to the merry melodies of Burl Ives and Bing Crosby. My toes are tapping, and I plan to jingle about the house all through the day.  


Hmm now if I could just find an Elvis cd to rock out too.

 Anywhoo. How is your Sunday starting off ?I hope you are embracing the holiday spirit and  caroling away as well.   Oh ,  it's just a beautiful day isn't it?  In case you are wondering there is no spiced eggnog in my mug, but good old water . ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜…

Ho! Ho! Ho! Father Christmas a design by Country Threads is in the hoop. 


 I pieced this quilt last year and finished the border last month. 

 Father Christmas  is from Fast Fun and Fabulous Quilts. I posted a flip through of some of the projects in the book last year. Click here if you are interested in seeing some of the cute country projects. I want to make them all. ❤๐Ÿค—



It is Santa Sunday stitching time for me. So not only will I be quilting Father Christmas, but I will begin a new Santa cross stitch. 

Santa Tree Farm is my newest piece in the Prim Christmas Series. 


 Santa's Tree Farm uses 7 DMC floss colors including 221, 730, 407, 898, white, 3371, and 830. 






Previous Prim Christmas Santas include: Old World Santa , Tree Delivery , Christmas Dayand Santa Is On His Way


 My fingers were working up a storm yesterday trying to finish the embroider for A Bowl of Gingerbread I will be adding a border to it this week. 


In case you are interested the unfinished block size is 8 1/2" x 10 1/2".  I used the following DMC floss colors- 898, 498, 351, 3371, 895,  and 413

I shared A Bowl of Gingerbread as a freebie as well as my Gingerbread Saltbox yesterday. 

                                   

    

Now onto the plans for the week. 

Did I Get'r Done... Well   -  Last Week's Goals were.. 
๐ŸŒž1. Decorate for Christmas.  
๐ŸŒž2.Work on Hinzeit's November Point.
✅๐ŸŒž3. Starta new Saltbox. 
๐ŸŒž4. Finish Block 5  in the Mr. Snow SAL for  Thursday's post.
 

Here I go again! Doing the Happy Hoedown for I completed 100% of my goals. ๐Ÿค ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ

Hmm.... What Should I do This Week? 
๐ŸŒž1. Quilt Father Christmas
๐ŸŒž2.Work on Hinzeit's November Point.
๐ŸŒž3. Work on my Easter quilt.
๐ŸŒž4. Finish Block 6  in the Mr. Snow SAL for  Thursday's post.
๐ŸŒž5. Post "Shine on Harvest Moon" quilt. 
๐ŸŒž6. Start new saltbox. 
๐ŸŒž7. New Rudolph quilt. 
๐ŸŒž8. Work on a trifle.

Alrighty, Sweeties. I better get back to caroling as I quilt on Father Christmas.  What will you be working on today?

 As Always...


Happy  Stitching and Quilting, ya'll

Melisa 

Feel free to do what makes your soul shine. 

Hugs and Stitches!!!!๐Ÿค—๐Ÿงต❤

Dedicated to my dear sister, Amy. I love and miss you so much.. Love you , Amo. 

Links That May Strike your Fancy
Down Christmas Lane- A Parade of Previous Freebies-   A  list of previous free cross stitch, quilting, and embroidery freebies. 

I am joining these lovely ladies' link parties. I hope you check them out; they always have so many wonderful projects going on and provide the opportunity for other needle workers to meet. 

Frederique at   Quilting Patchwork Applique for Patchwork & Quilts - Saturday

Kathy at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Stitching Sunday

Kate at Life in Pieces for  Stitching Stuff ( Sunday) 

Cynthia at Quilting is More Fun Than Housework for Oh Scrap - Sunday 

Melva at Melva Loves Scraps for Sew & Tell- Sunday

Brenda at Songbird Designs for Monday Musings

Judy at Small Quilts Doll Quilts for Design Wall Monday
Joy at Days Filled with Joy for This and That

Carol at Quilt Schmilt  for To Do List Tuesday 











34 comments:

  1. Hello Melisa, happy 1st Advent. What a lovely picture. These CDs are in my collection too. Also Elvis and Willie Nelson (one of my favorite singers).The next weeks you can hear these songs day in day out.
    Thanks for all the nice cross stitch patterns you share. Some of them are already stitched.
    Have a happy pre-Christmas time,
    Gabi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Sunday, Gabi. Don't you just enjoy these CDs so much. I missed out on the Elvis one, but have my eyes peeled for that CD. I didn't know Willie Nelson had one too . That one is a must have as well. I hope you enjoy the Christmas season and thank you so much for the sweet visit and kind compliment. It warms my heart that you have enjoyed some of my humble designs. Thank you. Merry Christmas.

      Delete
  2. Your Christmas stitcheries are always so beautiful! I am often tempted to give cross stitching a try but then think of all the hand projects I already have going. Maybe someday I'll give it a try. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Gretchen . The cross stitch projects are great to "take along" projects when I am out visiting and traveling. Tonight I am settling in to quilting Father Christmas. Hand stitching and quilting is so relaxing isn't it? Have a wonderful evening. Hugs .

      Delete
  3. I love the new prim Christmas ornie! Thank you! So cute - loving the rustic look! And your gingerbread embroidery is really coming along so nicely! All my ornies are done and mailed - working on things for us now! :-) Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet it is such a relief to have all of the ornies completed and on their merry way. I hope you are able to sit back and enjoy working on your projects now. Thank you so much for the sweet compliment on my Santas. I have enjoyed working on them . They remind of the quilt that I am working on as well. Have a wonderful week. Hugs.

      Delete
  4. Santa's Tree Farm is darling! I don't know how you do all you do and blog too - I can barely manage a blog post every two weeks - lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol , Linda. I feel like a chicken with my head cut off, and do not get half of what I want done, but every little stitch is closer to a finish on something. I think we both need more hours in the day don't you? Lol. Thank you so much, dear Linda. Hugs.

      Delete
  5. Enjoy your slow stitching today. Those Santas are really fun, so is your new Santa cross stitch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Kate. I have been working on my Santa quilt tonight. I think it will quilt up quickly. Not sure how I am going to quilt the border yet. Have a wonderful evening and a fabulous week. Hugs.

      Delete
  6. Your Father Christmas blocks look awesome, Melisa. Lovely new Santa design! Thank you! Enjoy your Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Robin. I have been working on Father Christmas tonight . I have my fingers crossed to finish it soon. I hope you had a wonderful day and wish you a great week. Hugs.

      Delete
  7. I love your Father Christmas quilt, Melisa! It looks like the perfect project to be quilting on today. The prim Santas are such sweet designs, too. I'm still working on Santa is on His Way and enjoying every stitch! Have a wonderful Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I am so excited to hear that you are enjoying Santa is on his Way. That brings a smile to my day. I can not wait to see it. I have had a great day of stitching and quilting. I sure hope you have too. Hugs.

      Delete
  8. I am also dedicating my Sunday to Christmas crafts, specifically to painting some ornaments that will be a gift for my friends and that I will soon publish on the blog.
    I love that quilt and the little cross stitch pattern you shared.
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Isabel, I can not wait to see your ornaments. I know they will be gorgeous. I hope you have a very enjoyable day . Thank you so much , sweet friend. Hugs.

      Delete
  9. Morning Melisa, I love your Santa's Tree Farm addition to the Prim Christmas series. I’ll get him finished so he can join the others on my pinker tree. ❤️ Happy Sunday stitching my friend. ❤️๐Ÿค—

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Sunday, sweet Patti. I hope you have made it home safely and are recuperating from the trip and "the after vacation chores". I am so excited that you will be stitching this little Santa . I bet your tree is adorable and I am so honored. Thank you so much, sweet friend. Hugs.

      Delete
  10. Great job on meeting your goals! That feels good when you can look at the list and see ALL the items checked as complete! It is a busy time of year. It is the time of year that I try to stay on the list of items that I want to finish or do before the end of the year! Love your Santa Tree farm cross stitch!--TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Terry. I was happy to get a number of items done for the week. It is a busy time with so much that I want to do. You are so right about trying to stick to the list. I try to put blinders on when squirrels come running by, but it is hard to resist. Lol. Happy quilting , dear friend. Hugs.

      Delete
  11. Well--I just ordered the book--Fun,Fast and Fabulous--from Amazon for under $6--as I have always loved that Father Christmas quilt--(Like I need another Christmas quilt!!) I have this weeks Snowman block all colored and ready to stitch and Decembers block all traced--but what I really want to do is trace off and color in the new gingerbread one!!!! Yet I need --probably to do some Christmas decorating--??????
    hugs, di

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Di , I am so glad that I enabled you into this purchase. I am sure you will love it. It is choked full with great designs and pretty photos. You are staying so busy. I am so honored that you have some of designs on your stitching list. Have a great evening and a fabulous week. Hugs.

      Delete
  12. Your newest primitive Santa design is a cutie, Melisa! Sundays are such nice days for puttering around the house and stitching or crafting. Today I'm working on a few gifts that need to be put in the mail this week. Enjoy your day! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Sunday, Carol. I sure hope you had a great day and were able to get a lot of your gifts completed. It warmed up into the 70's here today . So I sat out on the porch and stitched and later quilted. Wishing you a wonderful week. Hugs.

      Delete
  13. Well done with your sewing week, you did great! I love your mug, and the Santa quilt, so pretty.
    Santa cross stitch is cute too!
    Thank you for sharing your projects and happy dance, and linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Frederique. I had a great week of quilting and stitching and was so glad to get some of the projects completed despite all of the Christmas activities going on. Have a blessed week and happy quilting. Hugs.

      Delete
  14. Seems you got lots done this week!!! Nice Christmas tree farm! I started a Christmas stitchery this week…I will go back to my sunflowers later. Decorating the house for Christmas is so much fun! Gail at the Cozy Quilter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I agree Gail , it is fun to be decking the halls. I hope you got a lot accomplished and are able to sit back and enjoy your hard work. Thank you so much for the sweet visit and happy quilting . Hugs.

      Delete
  15. Thank you very much for the new Santa. Is beautiful.
    Thank you very much for your creativity and your generosity.
    I hope you have a happy week.
    Kisses,
    Pilarรญn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah you are so very welcome, Pilarin and thank you for the sweet visit. Have a very lovely week and happy stitching. Hugs.

      Delete
  16. Thank you for another cute Prim Santa stitch. I didn't accomplish much but I am okay with that. I went to our annual Christmas High Tea with friends today. We did a White Elephant Christmas cup and ornament exchange. The stealing was pretty mild this year but it was all in fun. All of the finger food was delicious and so festive. Almost too pretty to eat but delicious! Now it feels like the Christmas season to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh , Ginny that sounds like so much fun. I bet there were lots of pretty Christmas cups as well. I have always had an obsession for little teacups but only have a few Christmas ones. Sounds like the Christmas fun is starting in your area. Our parade is on Saturday so I am looking forward to that. Have a wonderful evening. Hugs.

      Delete
  17. I just love the Gingerbread Bowl and Saltbox, Melisa. When we visited Elvis aka Pastor Bob Joyce, we bought one of his Christmas CDs. Awesome!! Have a great week and thanks for sharing with us on Monday Musings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Monday , dear Brenda. Thank you so much for the kind words on my gingerbread pieces. I am hoping to work more on the embroidery today. Aaah don't you just love listening to Christmas music?  Have an awesome day . Hugs. 

      Delete

Popular Posts

What To Do Tuesday