Blog Archive

Thursday, December 21, 2023

Mr. Snow SAL Block 8 Decorating the Tree

Good afternoon, y'all. I am popping in late today with Block 8 in the Mr. Snow SAL. Lots of last minute preparations are being made . Christmas will be here in 4 short days.

Mr. Snow is bustling about as well . He is decorating the tree for the Winter Season. 

Thank you so much dear Cindy for the beautiful table runner. I will enjoy having it on display for the winter months.❤❤❤


 So far I have shared: 

Block 1 Snowballs,    Block 2 Winter FriendsSnow Mitten , Block 4 Waiting for Snow   ,  Block 5 A Jolly Fellow  , Block 6 Snow Quilter  , Block 7 Snow Cream

 INSTRUCTION TIME !   Now remember , I am no expert, but am just sharing how I embroider mine. Please prepare your fabric, embroider in whatever manner that  makes you happy. The number one rule is to always have FUN, FUN, FUN!!!  

INSTRUCTIONS

1. Cut your fabric to 8 1/2 "x 11 1/2" . This will  be trimmed later.  

2.  Place the pattern between a light box or a window and center the design as best as possible. Trace the design onto your fabric using your favorite transfer fabric pen or pencil . 

3. Embroider the design .  I used a backstitch using 2 strands of DMC 498  on most of the design. A stemstitch would look  quite lovely if you prefer.  

4.   I used a French Knot on Mr. Snow's eyes. You do not have to include the French Knot;  you may want to add  teeny beads for eyes . How cute would that be!!!

5. Press and trim to block size 7 1/2 x 10 1/2". If you color tint your blocks, remember to place a paper towel over the tinted area and heat set with the iron.   The finished  block size in the  quilt will by 7" x 10" .

☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃

If you are interested in stitching this piece,  just grab , the images. For printing tips, refer to the post Tips for Printing which has loads of tips from my sweet friends. 

☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃




My little doodles are hand drawn so they are never perfect. 

I am keeping it short and sweet today!🤗❤Have a beautiful 1st day of Winter , Sweeties! 

As always...

Happy  Stitching and Quilting, y'all

Melisa
The winter tree is a snowflake - dressed with grace and bones, a simple miracle to behold on winter's lonely road. - Angie Weiland Crosby
Warm Wishes and Snowman kisses! 
Hugs and Stitches!!!
Dedicated to my sweet Baby sister, Amy . I love you, Amo.  ❤


LINKS THAT MAY STRIKE YOUR FANCY. 

Frosty McChill SAL - This is a link to the 12  Frosty McChill Snoman blocks that I shared in 2021.

2022-Flurry & Flakes SAL  This is a link to the Flurry & Flakes Snowman quilt. It includes 5 embroidery blocks. 

Sweeping Snowman Trifle A small cross stitch that I created to use as a scissor fob.  

2022- Everybody Loves A Parade- Well I Hope SoA Parade of Winter and Snowman Cross stitch and Doodles. 

13 comments:

  1. Dear Melisa, another beautiful design!
    Every time a loss occurs in the family, Christmas is a little sadder, but we must never lose hope or forget the memory of those we love.
    Have a very Merry Christmas in the company of your loved ones.
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cutie, Melisa! I love his little snowman buddy, too. I can't wait to see your finish on these! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your latest block is so cute! Looks like Mr. Snow had a little helper in the background. Eek! 4 Days! I'm in for some late nights, I think! Winter Solstice! Yeah! Every day will have a little more sunlight from this day forward!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mr. Snow is so cute - of course he needs a tree to decorate! Hope you're just about ready for Christmas, Melisa. Have a wonderful Christmas weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another cute block, Melisa!!! Can't seem to sign in to my Google acct. Dagnabbit!!! So, bear in mind this is Darlene J

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mr. Snow's helper is the perfect accent to this block! You sure designed another amazing block!--TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't quilt, but I used some of your freebies from years past to make some of the Christmas cards I send this year. Thank you for sharing and have a great Christmas. May the 2024 bring joy!
    Paula Nunes Lima, all the way from Portugal

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love winters ❤️❤️❤️ I don't like summer if you like check my site
    https://colin445.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. He really is a cutie - thank you for offering this to us - I'm saving these for next year - when I having more spare time - ;-) - you can laugh now if you'd like! LOL! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another fun snowman! Hope you get in some slow down stitching time in during all the holiday prep. Sometimes you just need that slowdown time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute snowman and tree! Are you enjoying your Christmas prep? Have a wonderful day Melisa!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

What To Do Tuesday