Blog Archive

Friday, December 22, 2023

A Very Vintage Christmas Hutch Tour

Hello, sweet friends. Oh my , I am a Nervous Nellie- 😬😩😳 Nah! Not because the countdown is on, and I still have a few more Christmas presents to wrap. Nope - not at all.  I am nervous because my daughter is tandem skydiving tomorrow. So yes, I am a bundle of nerves. The whole family will hustle to the small airport to watch. I have to say my little daredevil ,however  is excited ! 

 Well it dawned on me this evening that I had not posted a Christmas Country Clutter tour of my hutch.  So if you are up to it- come on in, grab you a hot cup of cocoa and let's head to the kitchen to take a gander.

  This year's hutch is very similar to the hutch Christmas decor that I have shared in years' past- lots of vintage.   And if you have visited before, you know that I am no minimalist. I like my hutch to be crammed full. Hmmm let's see if every inch is covered. Hee! Hee! 😄😂

I always add plates for a backdrop and this year I used some Dollar Tree snowflake plates and thrifted poinsettia plates. On the top shelf are a few deer and a small ceramic book planter. 


That Santa in the corner is 55 years old. He looks pretty good for his age. Below Santa is a white one antlered deer that I purchased for a dime this year. Couldn't pass that little fellow up. 


The 2nd shelf is choked full of vintage Santa cuteness. 


Front and center is the Santa pitcher which makes my heart  go "Ho! Ho! Ho!" I just love him.  🎅


In the corner is Nanny's red coffee canister. I think it is  from the 1950's. On top of it ,  is a piece of milk glass and one of my 1964 Holt & Howard Santa mugs. Is he not the cutest? 


A little bottle brush tree is nestled in Santa's sleigh planter and below it is a wee hurricane lamp my sis gave me in 2021. ❤ What a treasure. 🤗


I also pulled out a little vintage red candle my sis gave me and placed it in one of the Santa mugs. 


Elves and Santas reside on the bottom shelf. 


There is a mix of old and new. 


In one corner is little pixie elves, a revolving Santa and mini mugs. 


My newest addition is the Christmas Lamps light bulbs that I bought at the Goodwill on Tuesday. 


A Santa and a bottle brush tree are nestled in the vintage Napco Santa boot mugs. 


The vintage scale has mix of odd and ends including napkin rings, salt shaker and a snowman. Above them is a vintage cookie jar on top of another red coffee canister that I purchased this year on one of my thrifting adventures. 


Y'all know I love my clutter. It is not for everyone , but it makes my heart sing. I particularly enjoy collecting advertising tins.  Of course come Christmas time, more tins come out .


Lots of campers are on the skinny silver pencil tree which sits on top of a vintage milk crate.  More advertising signs, tins and a clock is in the background. 


This tree is loaded with ornaments from friends and family. 


I did not do much to my vintage Hoosier top this year. Usually there are Christmas cookie jars, garland, and lots of Santas on top. 


A darling ornament made for me from dear Joan. I cherish it. ❤🤗


My red apron is hung on the hook waiting for Christmas baking.  Do you see the shelves are loaded with more tins above? Lol I told you I am a "tin hoarder". Hee! Hee! 


A few farm cookie jars, old crocks, bottles and squirrels  are packed in like sardines on top of the Hoosier. Old vintage tobacco prints hang behind the Hoosier . They were given to tobacco farmers at the market when they went to sell their tobacco each year.  I grew up on a tobacco farm and have lots of tobacco related items. 


Eeeh! Is your head spinning? 😀😳 That was a lot to take in wasn't it? It is hard to believe that in a few short days all of this will be coming down. But it will . Do you want to know where it  all goes? Well the mugs will go back in their bins and out to the garage. The vintage ceramic is wrapped and put  under the bed and all of the rest nestle right back into those vintage advertising tins that are in the room  and finally the Christmas tins will hop right back up into the attic.  Then it will be time for snowmen to make their way into the room. 

I am delighted that you dropped by and kept me company . I hope that you have a lovely rest of the evening. Now I am going back to chewing my nails off - until my little girl  has her 2 feet right back on the ground. Have a wonderful weekend, Sweeties and...

As Always...


Happy  Stitching and Quilting, y'all

Melisa 

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all. - Helen Keller

Hugs and Stitches!!!!🤗🧵❤

Dedicated to my dear sister, Amy who loved vintage and Christmas and was a daredevil herself . I love and miss you so much.. Love you , Amo. 


6 comments:

  1. Such a fun display! You have some really fun vintage Santa's. My Sister does a similar thing for her hutch in the kitchen, except her thing is Gingerbread houses, men, women, whatever. Enjoy your decorations and have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your display - No room here for one so I live vicariously through you! :-) Skydiving. SMH. At least it's tandem, right? Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your daughter sounds like a hoot! I'm so glad you gave that little white reindeer a home this year. :) I love the vintage crocheted pieces I see in your displays. I have a little one that I pull out for Christmas decorating too. I wish I knew the history, but I'm guessing one of Mom's friends crocheted it. I LOVE your priceless treasures Melisa, and I would never tire of gazing around your house. Have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melisa, I'm in love with all of your ceramic Santas - they are so fun and festive! I'm thinking of you this morning watching your daughter do that skydive. Oh boy! Maybe by the time you read this comment, she'll be done and you can all go home and eat Christmas cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your daughter's jump went well, Melisa!
    Surely you already have everything ready to celebrate tonight.
    I loved your hutch full of adorable decorations.
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am wanting a closer look at that camper tree! That was really something! I enjoy all of your decorating so much! I wouldn't do it but I sure like checking out yours! The vintage really hits my happy bone!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

What To Do Tuesday