Blog Archive

Thursday, December 7, 2023

Mr. Snow SAL Block 6- Snow Quilter

A very Happy Thursday to you, dear friends. 

Have you finished decorating your house for the holidays?  I am still tweaking displays here and there. Today I will be working on cleaning the grandbabies' toy room and adding a small tree. 

I just wanted to pop in  to share  Block 6  called "Snow Quilter" in the Mr. Snow Embroidery SAL . Mr. Snow has created a snow ball quilt. He is quite proud of his quilt as he should be!  



 This will be the most labor intensive block out of all of the 12 blocks so might as well get it over with - don't you think? 

I colored  Mr. Snow 's jacket ,ear muffs and the border of the quilt with a white and red crayon. The scarf has random stitches stitched here and there. 

So far I have shared: 

Block 1 Snowballs,    Block 2 Winter Friends,  Snow Mitten , Block 4 Waiting for Snow   and  Block 5 A Jolly Fellow

Mr. Snow Block 5 - A Jolly Fellow

 INSTRUCTION TIME !   Now remember , I am no expert, but am just sharing how I embroider mine. Please prepare your fabric, embroider in whatever manner that  makes you happy. The number one rule is to always have FUN, FUN, FUN!!!  

INSTRUCTIONS

1. Cut your fabric to 8 1/2 "x 11 1/2" . This will  be trimmed later.  

2.  Place the pattern between a light box or a window and center the design as best as possible. Trace the design onto your fabric using your favorite transfer fabric pen or pencil . 

3. Embroider the design .  I used a backstitch using 2 strands of DMC 498  on most of the design. A stemstitch would look  quite lovely if you prefer.  

4.   I used a French Knot on Mr. Snow's eyes. You do not have to include the French Knot;  you may want to add  teeny beads for eyes . How cute would that be!!!

5. Press and trim to block size 7 1/2 x 10 1/2". If you color tint your blocks, remember to place a paper towel over the tinted area and heat set with the iron.   The finished  block size in the  quilt will by 7" x 10" .

☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃

If you are interested in stitching this piece,  just grab , the images. For printing tips, refer to the post Tips for Printing which has loads of tips from my sweet friends. 

☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃



My little doodles are hand drawn so they are never perfect. 

Prim Winter Peace

Well, Sweeties, I wish you a very peaceful and productive day and thank you so much for the sweet visit and  ....


As always...

Happy  Stitching and Quilting, y'all

Melisa
The snow was endless , a heavy blanket on the outdoors; it had a way about it . A beauty. -Cambria Hebert

Warm Wishes and Snowman kisses! 
Hugs and Stitches!!!
Dedicated to my sweet Baby sister, Amy . I love you, Amo.  ❤


LINKS THAT MAY STRIKE YOUR FANCY. 

Frosty McChill SAL - This is a link to the 12  Frosty McChill Snoman blocks that I shared in 2021.

2022-Flurry & Flakes SAL  This is a link to the Flurry & Flakes Snowman quilt. It includes 5 embroidery blocks. 

Sweeping Snowman Trifle A small cross stitch that I created to use as a scissor fob.  

2022- Everybody Loves A Parade- Well I Hope SoA Parade of Winter and Snowman Cross stitch and Doodles. 

37 comments:

  1. He's adorable with his sweet quilt. Actually everything is adorable and cute, Melisa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Darlene. He was a fun fellow to work on. I am enjoying this little series so much. Have a wonderful week. Hugs.

      Delete
  2. Encore un très joli dessin que tu nous offres , je met tous ça de coté pour un joli plaid l'année prochaine , Joyeux Noël et bonne fin d'année

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Aline. I sure hope you enjoy working on them in the coming year. Have a blessed week. Hugs.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Gretchen. He was a delight to stitch. I especially enjoyed working on the quilt. Happy quilting.

      Delete
  4. Another cutie - thank you - but I sure do love your parades! Sparks my "creativity". Have a wonderful weekend. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Donna. I am so very grateful. I enjoy looking back at the parades myself. I always find something that I forgot about . Lol. Have a wonderful week. Hugs.

      Delete
  5. Well of course he needed to make himself a snowman quilt, I just hope he doesn't melt under it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, thank you so much, Vicki. I had a ball working on this block. Don't you just love snowman season? Hee! Hee! Hugs.

      Delete
  6. Mr Snow Quilter is adorable! You are so creative and generous Melisa. Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah I am so appreciative, Linda. Mr. Snow is a fun little fellow to work on. I have always had an affection for snowmen. Have a fabulous evening. Hugs.

      Delete
  7. I at least got the tree up, so progress on the decorating. Love this week's block, it's very fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I am done with decorating. I didn't get as much out but I am ok with that. Thank you so much for the sweet compliment on Mr. Snow. Hugs.

      Delete
  8. I just found your blog, it's wonderful. You do so many beautiful things!! I love the Flurry & Flakes patterns but I can't get the Block 5 link to work for me..I hope you can figure it out..thanks so much for all the free patterns that you have offered!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much for visiting me , Sandra and welcome. I also want to tell you how grateful I am for your kind compliment; it truly warms my heart. I fixed the link on Block 5. Thank you for letting me know . Have a blessed and beautiful week. Hugs.

      Delete
  9. Fantastic embrodery, Melisa!
    Have a nice night.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, dear Isabel. Have a wonderful evening. Hugs.

      Delete
  10. Mr. Snow is just adorable with his quilt, Melisa! He's hard to resist. Thanks so much for sharing your sweet designs with all of us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Diann. He was such a delightful fellow to work on this week. I enjoyed working on the little snowman quilt especially. Hope your week is off to a lovely start. Hugs.

      Delete
  11. Oh my goodness, how sweet is this quilt wearing fellow! I don't know how you think up these cute things, Melisa. All your blocks are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Jocelyn. I just adore snowmen. I think they are some of my favorite little characters to create and stitch. Wishing you a lovely week. Hugs.

      Delete
  12. You are so talented, your creations are amazing! By the way, when do you sleep? lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol thank you so much, Gail. I wish I didn't have to do that "old sleep thing" . Hee! Hee! It has been a joy to share and create these new little snowmen. The embroidery work is so relaxing for me. Have a blessed day. Hugs.

      Delete
  13. Oh goodness Melisa, I love Mr Snow and his quilt! Such a fabulous idea. 👍🙋‍♀️👋🤗😘❤️xx Barbara @flashinscissors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Barbara. I couldn't resist having him make a Snowball quilt. Lol. Happy quilting and stitching. Hugs.

      Delete
  14. Oh, this great! Mr. Snow is a quilter!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oops! I didn't mean to send yet. Or, is Mr. Snow just the owner of the quilt? Either way, this is a very cute stitch! Thank you! Have to mention that I love your red oil lamp! I have several and use them often, especially in the winter. I have not done any decorating except to bring the tree upstairs. The box is sitting in the livingroom. All of this will change this weekend! We will get busy with the decorating. It has warmed up and all the snow is gone outside, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, dear Ginny. Mr. Snow had to have his own quilt for the season. Hee! Hee! That little oil lamp was my great aunt's and is old. I found another one like it last year in NC and had to get it. We love using oil lamps too especially when the electricity goes off. I hope you had a wonderful weekend decking the halls. It is such a fun time of the year, but very busy isn't it? Hugs.

      Delete
  16. Mr. Snowball quilt is way cute! You have the best visions!!!--TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so very much, dear Terry. I have a lot of fun creating and stitching snowmen. It is a joyous time of the year. Have a blessed day. Hugs.

      Delete
  17. Oh, my goodness! This guy and his quilt are soooo cute! I can't wait till I finish a few other projects so I can get to this one. I hope to make Christmas/winter quilt wallhangings for each of my six adult kids for next Christmas and I think some of your snowmen will be used for this project. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how fun, Kim. You are going to be busy this next year , but what a delight it will be to create quilts for your children. Thank you so much for considering using some of these little fellows. I hope you enjoy them. Hugs.

      Delete
  18. Another cutie, Melisa! And yes--it sure looks like a lot of stitching went into this block. I'm always amazed at how you find time to do so much--especially at this time of year. Can you send me some of your energy--ha ha :) Have a wonderful weekend ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol thank you so much, Carol. My spurts of energy comes in spurts. Hee! Hee! But I am glad to get what I can completed. I am having a blast working on this little snowman embroideries. It is very relaxing. Hope you have a fabulous week. Hugs.

      Delete
  19. Oh, thank you, Melisa!! Somehow I had missed this one and she is just lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Brenda. It was the most labor intensive block , but a fun one. Merry Christmas . Hugs.

      Delete

Popular Posts

What To Do Tuesday