Blog Archive

Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Prim Rudolph Ornament- A Christmas Freebie

May I tell you again how excited I am to have my Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer quilt finished? Lol! 

I shared my finish yesterday, and I am still over the moon. I think because it took so long.  Oh, and of course there is a lot of red in the quilt- you know me and my love affair with the color red!!!❤❤❤

Welcome, y'all and a very lovely Tuesday to you. 

Finishing this little quilt inspired me to create a quick stitch, called Prim Rudolph. 

Isn't the white plastic reindeer the cutest? It is from the Dollar General this year. 

 It is just a simple flying reindeer with some scattered snowflakes. A winter blizzard is Rudolph's favorite weather to fly in.  

Santa Clause sampler and Prim Rudolph

So let me tell you about my finish.  I bought this string of unfinished wooden snowflakes at the Dollar Tree this year. 

Because I have been into junk journaling here of late, I decided to do what my Nanny would say is "Messin' and Gommin". That means playing messily with paint,  glue ,  paper and even the glittery stuff.  Eeeh! I just love a bit of  sparkle!  

After stitching the piece , I drew out a circle on a piece of cardboard and added 2 layers of batting. I layered my cross stitch on top and using needle and thread gathered the stitch on the back . In order for my stitch to fit on the Dollar Tree snowflake, I lost some of my stitched snowflakes, but I was ok with that. 

Then I took off one of the snowflakes from my string and painted the snowflake white. After it dried thoroughly, I decoupaged a small section of Rudolph sheet music which I found as a freebie from Pam Kessler on her blog House of  Hawthornes.  In order to cut the holes into the paper of the snowflake, I pushed a toothpick through the front side of the covered wooden snowflake and smoothed it over on the back. It took some time and was sticky, but I sure do enjoy making a mess. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜€✨  Next, I  decided to add a little sparkle an sprinkled iridescent glitter on the snowflake.  Once everything was dry, I centered my Prim Rudolph in the center of the snowflake and adhered it. You can not see much of the music sheet, but it was all about the process for me. 

 Prim Rudolph is a "Choose your own colors " chart, but if you are interested I used DMC 610, 3371, Blanc and 815. The design size is 43 x 33 and if stitched on 14 count aida like mine it would measure around 3 1/8" x 2 3/8".




๐ŸฆŒ๐ŸฆŒ๐ŸฆŒ๐ŸฆŒ๐ŸฆŒ๐ŸฆŒ๐ŸฆŒ๐ŸฆŒ๐ŸฆŒ๐ŸฆŒ๐ŸฆŒ๐ŸฆŒ

If you are interested in stitching this piece,  just grab , the images. For printing tips, refer to the post Tips for Printing which has loads of tips from my sweet friends. 

๐ŸฆŒ๐ŸฆŒ๐ŸฆŒ๐ŸฆŒ๐ŸฆŒ๐ŸฆŒ๐ŸฆŒ๐ŸฆŒ๐ŸฆŒ๐ŸฆŒ๐ŸฆŒ๐ŸฆŒ

My designs are for personal use  and enjoyment only. 




Tomorrow my youngest daughter will be arriving home for the holidays. 

I am very excited to have her home for the next few weeks! So today I will be refreshing her room , washing linens and such.  Well I am off to get some of those chores completed and then perhaps I can enjoy some stitching time in the afternoon. 

 Are you enjoying a day of crafting or is it a chore day for you?

Thank you for spending a few minutes of your day with me and I wish you the most lovely day. 


As Always...


Happy  Stitching and Quilting, y'all

Melisa 

Love , Create, Enjoy! 

Hugs and Stitches!!!!๐Ÿค—๐Ÿงต❤

Dedicated to my dear sister, Amy who loved he Christmas season as much as I do.  I love and miss you so much.. Love you , Amo. 

Rudolph Freebies that might interest you. 

Yukon's Christmas List and other freebies-  Cross stitch freebies from Beth at Heartstring Samplery. 

Printable Rudolph Sheet Music- free printable vintage sheet music provided by Pam Kessler on her blog House of  Hawthornes

Rudolph Cross Stitch Freebie- A free cross stitch from The Stitcherhood. 

Reindeer  Embroidery Hoop Ornament- A darling quick embroidery from Heather at Homemade Heather blog




28 comments:

  1. What a lovely pattern and you made a beautiful ornament ! Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, dear Annelies . It was a quick but fun ornament to work on . I wish you a very lovely day. Hugs.

      Delete
  2. Muchas gracias por este pequeรฑo reno que llega antes de Navidad!!
    Disfruta de la familia!!!
    Besos,
    Pilarรญn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaah you are so very welcome, Pilarin and thank you for the sweet Tuesday visit. Have a beautiful day , dear and Happy Stitching. Hugs.

      Delete
  3. (Little Penpen) oh he is just adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Penny. He was a quick little guy to work on. I was thinking the other day about maybe decorating a reindeer tree one year. Wouldn't that be cute? Have a wonderful Tuesday . Hugs.

      Delete
  4. So happy for you that your daughter is coming - what fun! Prim Rudolph is adorable. I need to go to our local dollar store - you find such neat goodies at yours. That made a gorgeous ornament, and it looks like the process was fun for you - and that's what matters, right? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so excited to see my daughter . It has been a few months since she has been in and I am glad she will be able to spend Christmas here. Having the kiddos close to home sure eases my heart that is for sure. Thank you so much for the kind words on my ornie, Linda. It was a super fun and relaxing project to work on. Enjoy your day. Hugs.

      Delete
  5. Enjoy your daughter's visit. Ours will be home in 2 weeks and gets to stay for 2 weeks. Right now her room is wrapping paper central. I'll have to clean all that up before we head out for the holiday. Love the little flying reindeer. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Kate. I am excited to have my youngin' home. I hope your daughter has a safe trip home and I know you will enjoy her visit when she arrives. Lol , Kate we sound so much alike- my daughter's room is "gift central too" . No wrapping has taken place though. Hmmm I wonder if I can convince my daughter to help me. Lol. Have an awesome afternoon. Hugs.

      Delete
  6. What a great finish to your Rudolph, Melisa! You are so creative even if a bit messy, hahaha! I already got in a little sewing time (45 minutes or so) this morning before taking the dog for her morning walk. Today is chores followed by a monthly Caregivers Support meeting this afternoon. After dinner I'll put my feet up again and stitch, stitch, stitch! Have a wonderful visit with your daughter. This is the first year in about 12-15 that my daughter will not be flying in for Christmas. I'll be missing her ... But I have more than enough company coming in instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susie, I had a ball "messin and gommin" when making this ornament. Lol. It was a relaxing day of play that is for sure. It sounds like you are having a busy day, but so glad to hear that you will be stitching during your down time. Oh, I just know you will miss seeing your daughter for Christmas, but I am glad to hear that you will be surrounded by your family. Hopefully , your dear daughter can Facetime or zoom during the festivities. Have a blessed day. Hugs.

      Delete
  7. Yay on the Rudolph quilt finish, Melisa! Thank you for the Primitive Rudolph chart. I had pulled another chart for this month's complimentary SAL, but I am going to kit this one and stitch it instead. Get those chores accomplished so you can enjoy your crafting! Today is decking the halls day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeeh have fun decking the halls, Robin. I can not wait to see the sweet wrought iron tree and your free standing stove all decked out in its holiday glory. I hope you enjoy this little fellow; I am so honored you will be adding him to your stitching. Have an awesome evening. Hugs.

      Delete
  8. I hadn't heard the term "messin and gommin' " until I met my Tennessee husband! Now I say it pretty frequently. My husband said his granny said it all the time! I am so thankful I found your blog. Thank you for your shared charts, inspiration and this wonderful blog! I look forward to every one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol , that must be a TN saying . Hee! Hee! There is always a lot of messin ad gommin' going on around here. Aaah you are just the sweetest! You brought the biggest smile to my day and thank you from the bottom of my heart! I wish you a wonderful evening and a very Merry Christmas, dear. Hugs.

      Delete
  9. Oh my goodness. . .Prim Rudolf is adorable! What a fantastic setting you planned for him!--TerryK@OnGoing Projects

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Terry. I can not tell you how much fun I had just playing and experimenting when I was finishing him. I hope you are having a lovely relaxing day. Hugs.

      Delete
  10. Rudolph is so sweet, Melisa! I might just have to stitch him. I have Santa and the Christmas tree - they need Rudolph to guide the way! Thanks so much for sharing him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, Rudolph's got to guide the way! Hee ! Hee! Thank you so much, Diann. I had a fabulous time working on him; I sure do hope you enjoy him as well. Enjoy your day quilting and stitching away and stay warm and cozy. Hugs.

      Delete
  11. I love this little Rudolph!
    Thanks for sharing
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, dear Isabel. Have a beautiful day, sweet friend. Hugs and Blessings.

      Delete
  12. What a beautiful Rudolph! We could make several and have Santa's full line up! Thank you for sharing how you finished the ornament. Very cool! My daughter & her family are also coming from ND to spend a few days. It's the first time they've come as a family, so I can empathize with your excitement about your daughter. Does she also live far away?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so excited to hear that your family is coming home for a holiday visit. I know it does your heart good that she will be home . My youngest daughter lives in TX and we miss her so; it is always a treat when she comes to visit for the whole family. I wish you and your family a delightful and fun filled visit. Thank you so much for the kind words on my Rudolph. Hmmm that's a great idea on Santa's line up and maybe a Santa ornie too. I will have to find more snowflakes. Hee Hee! Hugs.

      Delete
  13. A cute little pattern and a perfect finish. The snowflake thing is a great idea.
    Martina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Martina. I am glad I picked up the wooden snowflakes when I did. At the time, I didn't have a project in mind , but they came in useful. Have a blessed day. Hugs.

      Delete
  14. I enjoyed my birthday on the 12th! A darling finished reindeer, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy , happy birthday, Susan! I hope you had a wonderful day and got to eat a sweet treat in celebration. Did you have a birthday start on a quilt project? Thank you so much for the sweet visit and compliment and have a great birthday week! ๐ŸŽ‚๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽŠ๐Ÿค—

      Delete

Popular Posts

What To Do Tuesday