Blog Archive

Sunday, December 31, 2023

Happy Trails 2023

Happy Slow Stitching Snowman Sunday!!!    Hee! Hee! I am going to be working on Snowmen projects in January .- Snowman cross stitch☃, snowmen embroidery and snowmen quilts . Well I just have "snow on the brain" don't I?  

January 2021 snowman display

Are you going to be working on any particular project for the new upcoming month? Or maybe just a variety? Either way I sure hope you enjoy every stitch. 

This evening,  I will be working on Darlene D'Eon Designs' "All is Calm" . ( a photo will be coming soon) . I know many of y'all follow Darlene on  @darlenedeondesigns on Instagram  and Flosstube.  

Darlene is such a sweetie, and she is an amazing quilt and cross stitch designer. Right now she has the nine patch a day SAL going on. Remember I started this, but have stalled because I want to change my fabric colors.  I am going to have a lot of catching up to do ain't I? But I will get there, you  know me-  sometimes I am slow as molasses. 

  Later I will continue quilting on Alabama Beauty which I began in August. 

 I moved the quilt hoop yesterday. 

This has been my "15 minute a day"  project this week . It will be the focus quilt for 2024. 

This is some unusual fabric for the quilt; my needle just loves to visit each lovely scrap. 

My small foyer is filled to the gills with campers.  

The wee tree is decorated in a collection of  little camper ornaments.

 

  And the vintage shelf was crammed full of red trucks and camper  cookie jars. 

Speaking of campers that brings me to some news. Mr. Pinker and I will be going on a camping trip in January . 

We will be traversing the vast desert of the southwest in an old truck camper in hopes of enjoying a bit of warmer weather. 

Being in the desert with no electricity, means we will not have internet as well. So I will not be posting as often hence my flurry of posts this week. 

I will have some prescheduled posts ,and if we come into a town, maybe I can post and visit my blogging buddies as well. 

 I sure will miss ya' .  I will be back to my regular routine in February if all goes as planned. 

   

Now onto the plans for the week. 

Did I Get'r Done... Well   -  Last Week's Goals were.. 
🌞1. Pick out new quilt top to put in hoop.
🌞2.Work on new saltbox
❌🌞3. Work on my Easter quilt.
🌞4. Finish Block 9  in the Mr. Snow SAL for  Thursday's post.
🌞5.Pack for camping trip.
 

Image is from Pinterest    
Cheers!  For I completed 80% of my goals. That's pretty good if I do say so? 💃💃💃
Image is from Pinterest    

Hmm.... What Should I do This Week? 
🌞1. Work on new butterfly blocks for a quilt for my sis. 
🌞2.Work on Gingerbread embroidery
🌞3. Work on Travel journal
🌞4. Post Block 10  in the Mr. Snow SAL for  Thursday's post.
🌞5. Work on "All is Calm".

So tell me. Will you be ringing in the new year? Or will you be in bed catching up on your zzzs by the time the clock strikes 12?  I will be up- I am a night owl.🌙🌜🦉 I am sure I will be stitching away on some project. 

Tomorrow Mr. Pinker and I will be going over to my family's for the big New Year's Day meal- Hog jowl, black eyed peas, turnip greens and cornbread. Yum! Yum!

Oh, I forgot to tell you, I will be posting the 3rd and 4th Gingerbread doodles for the Gingerbread quilt on January 12th and 26th if you are interested.  So far I have posted 



 and a Plate of Gingers



Alrighty , Sweeties, I will catch you in some later posts. 

As Always...


Happy  Stitching and Quilting, ya'll

Melisa 

"Cheers to a new year and another chance to get it right" - Oprah Winfrey 

Hugs and Stitches!!!!🤗🧵❤

Dedicated to my dear sister, Amy. I love and miss you so much.. Love you , Amo. 

Links That May Strike your Fancy
Down Christmas Lane- A Parade of Previous Freebies-   A  list of previous free cross stitch, quilting, and embroidery freebies . 

I am joining these lovely ladies' link parties. I hope you check them out; they always have so many wonderful projects going on and provide the opportunity for other needle workers to meet. 

Frederique at   Quilting Patchwork Applique for Patchwork & Quilts - Saturday

Kathy at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Stitching Sunday

Kate at Life in Pieces for  Stitching Stuff ( Sunday) 

Cynthia at Quilting is More Fun Than Housework for Oh Scrap - Sunday 

Melva at Melva Loves Scraps for Sew & Tell- Sunday

Brenda at Songbird Designs for Monday Musings

Judy at Small Quilts Doll Quilts for Design Wall Monday
Joy at Days Filled with Joy for This and That

Carol at Quilt Schmilt  for To Do List Tuesday 
Happy Trails 2023!











13 comments:

  1. Stitching and quilting in one post makes me smile, smile, smile! I'm excited about the Gingerbread designs. So much stitching, so little time!!! LOL DarleneJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year, Darlene. I agree we need more stitching time don't we?Hee ! Hee! I have been working on the next gingerbread block. I am just still in the Christmas mood. Lol. Thank you for the sweet visit. Hugs.

      Delete
  2. I must say Alabama Beauty is lovely. All those campers on the wee tree.....amazing!! Have a fabulous time away journeying in your camper, dear Melisa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Kim. Alabama Beauty is a joy to work on . I hope to finish it this new year. I wish you a wonderful and blessed new year. Hugs.

      Delete
  3. Loving all those campers - sure see a lot of them, especially during Christmas at the $ store - maybe it's people dreaming of the day...Where can I find the pattern for AL beauty - I looked it up and what I saw was different than yours...also, still can't find the Aunt Mariah's Saltbox link (not in the parade of saltboxes) - I must be missing something - which is not unusual for me! LOL! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Trails to you and Mr. Pinker, Melisa! A trip to someplace warm sounds lovely. I got started on the Bowl of Gingerbread recently, so need to keep up with that one. Looking forward to the rest of them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not sure camping in January would be my thing. Hopefully you find lots of warm places to hang out. Having been sick all week, we folded and hit the sack before the year change, so we were asleep. Well at least I was till the family behind us started the fireworks! Happy stitching this year. I'm looking forward to more embroidery, cross stitch, quilts and fun hutch redo's this year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your maximalist style, Melisa! In decorating and quilts!!! Enjoy your warm trip! I'll look forward to your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Being a camper type person myself, ofcourse I love your wonderful collection of these cute little campers.We are currently away in our caravan, enjoying the New Year sunshine.
    5

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I love the camper display! That is really something special & fun! I didn't realize you had another sister. I am happy to hear this and also that you are making another Butterfly Kisses quilt for her. Your New Year's meal sound so good! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Alabama Beauty is just that -- a beauty!! I can certainly see why your needle just loves floating through all the varied fabrics. Have a great WARM trip. I'll look forward to hearing from you as time & internet permits!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have a safe trip and enjoy yourselves! I'm still catching up on your December posts, so I have lots to look forward to during our cold January days. I'm not complaining, though, we are warm and snug and I hired someone to take care of the snow! Say hello to the sun for me. Kris

    ReplyDelete
  11. Melisa - there is so much to like about your post! My daughter is into small campers, and our son in law loves vintage trucks. In fact, I recently finished a cross-stitch stocking with a vintage truck for our son in law. I hope you enjoy your upcoming camping trip! If you have time, I am number 22 on the linky for Slow Sunday Stitching - I am joining for the first time! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Darlene's Quilt