Blog Archive

Wednesday, December 27, 2023

Three quilts and Two Stitches- The Best of 2023

 Hello again, sweet friends. Two posts in a day! Aaaah why not. ๐Ÿ˜€ Cheryl at Meadow Mist Designs is hosting her 8th annual blog post party where you share your 5 best posts of the year and I just had to to join in. Actually , this will be my 3rd year participating.  Last year in my Here a Quilt, There a Quilt post , I shared quilt starts and finishes . In 2021 in my One Quilt ,  Two Quilt, Three and Four, I shared some favorite quilt finishes and a stitch in memory of my sister. 

Hmmm , I had to do some thinking about which posts were the best of 2023 . ๐Ÿค” After much thought and looking back in my blog, I found my top 5 posts! Come on let's go see!

I started the year off by working on a full sized  vintage quilt top that Mr. Pinker purchased for me for my birthday in 2022. I named it Grandma's Love. It felt good to get a large quilt under the belt . 

Do you see Bev and Dora behind the quilt ?๐Ÿ„๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿค 

My all time favorite post was when I posted the finish for Butterfly Kisses ,a quilt that I had worked on since 2021. It was in memory of my sister. ๐Ÿ‘ผ๐Ÿค—❤ On the back of the quilt, I wrote messages to my sis. 

Pumpkin Blossom Inn was a very popular post this year. My friend,   Ann @annmakesthings, hosted a stitch along for this home this past fall. I was so honored.  Ann has a wonderful blog called Ann Makes Things where she shares her cross stitch and darling freebies as well. 

I would be quite remiss if I left out Frosty McChill . Frosty was my 1st QAL. I was over the moon to have this frosty fellow finished. 

Aunt Betty's at Blueberry Buckle Lane received  the most comments. This was such a relaxing saltbox to create and stitch. I sure am grateful to all of you who have stitched it and for the heart warming compliments on it. 

That's my top 5! What do you think?  Did I choose wisely? 

 I am looking forward to seeing what I can accomplish in 2024. Are you making a goal's list? I haven't formally, but I have a few projects listed in my head. 

Well  Sweeties, I will not chat your ears off.  If you have a chance pop over to  Cheryl's blog and visit all of the other dear ladies who are joining the link party. You will certainly find inspiration and you just might find yourself picking up a squirrel or two to start the new year off. ๐Ÿ˜€ Everybody needs a squirrel. Don't they?

Have an awesome evening!!!! Love ya'! 

As always...

Happy  Stitching and Quilting, y'all

Melisa

Thank you for the sweet visit. 

Beautiful things come together one stitch at a time.

Hugs and Stitches!!!!๐Ÿค—๐Ÿงต❤

Dedicated to my dear sister, Amy. I love and miss you so much, Amo.  

17 comments:

  1. A very nice selection, Melisa. All your creations have something special.
    Happy Holidays with the family!
    Kisses,
    Pilarรญn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Pilarin. It was fun to go back through all of the posts and find my top 5. Happy New Year. Hugs.

      Delete
  2. You have showcased lovely pretties, Melisa. Sweet baskets, cute chickens, pretty butterflies and we must not forget all those beautifully hand stitched Frosties! Aunt Betty's saltbox is beautifully whimsical. I am quite certain gorgeous pretties will be stitched by clever you throughout 2024.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah you are so very kind, dear Kim. I have my fingers crossed that I can accomplish as much or dare I say more in the new year. Hee! Hee! Thank you for the sweet visit . You brought a smile to my day. Happy New Year. Hugs.

      Delete
  3. OOOhhhh, yes!!! Well chosen, friend!!! I do so love your blueberry buckle tiny pillow!!! And the butterflies for Sis. Love all of them! The only thing we're missing is Edna! Although I know I can just scroll back a little and find her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Edna certainly did need to make an appearance.๐Ÿด๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿด How could I forget her ? She has been a hoot this year being a little temperamental! Hee! Hee! Thank you so much for the sweet giggle and visit, Nancy. You brought the biggest smile to my day! ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿค—

      Delete
  4. I would be hard pressed to pick only 5 of my favorite posts of yours! Your choices were winners, for sure. All of them were beautiful through and through. I'm glad you had a few critters in there. Those are some of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Ginny. I had a great time looking back through the blog posts and reminiscing . I think some of the posts with the farm critters are my favorite too . I always enjoy sharing photos of the donkeys. Lol. Happy New years. Hugs.

      Delete
  5. I don't believe I could pick five of my favorite posts of yours either. I look forward to all your posts. Your chosen favorites are perfect choices. Once again, Melisa, thank you so much for sharing your talents and visions. Darlene J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Darlene. I was hard pressed on choosing my favorites , but I finally narrowed them down. I am hoping to have more quilting time this year . One of the ones I want to put in the hoop is my Darlene's quilt. I can not wait to quilt it. Thank you for all of the encouragement and inspiration this year. Hugs and Happy New Year.

      Delete
  6. I love all your saltbox houses. There aren't enough hours in the days to stitch them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, dear. They are such a joy to create and share and it warms my heart to hear that they are enjoyed. I am working on a new one right now. I hope you like it when I post it. Happy New Year. Hugs.

      Delete
  7. A great "best of" list! Your quilts turned out beautifully and your salt boxes are such fun. I'm pulling together a list of planned accomplishments for 2024. Chances are I won't meet all of them, but it doesn't hurt to have big goals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can not wait to hear more about your goals for the new year and to follow your progress, Kate. I have already figured out which "big " quilts are going in the hoop this year. Thank you for the sweet visit. Hugs.

      Delete
  8. Melissa,
    I am in awe of all the things you do. You must spend a lot of time with needle in hand. :) I was not too productive even though I retired this year. I had a kitchen flood, family illness and my husband had surgery. You have inspired me to try redwork and needleturn applique! Thank you for your fantastic designs and all you do. Hope you have a great year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning, Janet. Aah you are so kind; thank you from the bottom of my heart. I have to admit I am a little obsessed with needlework. Hee! Hee! I am so sorry to hear that you have had a challenging year. I certainly wish you a peaceful new year filled with happiness, joy and many blessings. I am so honored my humble blog has inspired you to try redwork and needleturn applique . I hope you enjoy as much as I do. Thank you again for making my day. Hugs.

      Delete
  9. Congrats on such a productive 2023, such beautiful quilts and other makes! Thanks for linking up with the Best of 2023.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

What To Do Tuesday