Blog Archive

Wednesday, December 27, 2023

Quilt Finishes of 2023

Good morning , y'all. Brrr, it is cold out there and a perfect day to stay in and enjoy a parade! A quilt parade that is! I would be as happy as a snowman in a blizzard if you joined me as I review over the quilts that I completed this year. If you see any that you would like to read more about, please click the colored links . 

All of my quilts are hand quilted, hand embroidered and if there is any applique it is by hand as well. I machine piece all of my quilts.  

I hope you enjoy ! 

I began 2023 with a Frosty finish when I completed Frosty McChill which I shared in a Stitch Along In 2021.

In January ,  Joy at The Joyful Quilter  issued a challenge to  create a project ,  use the color blue and the letters "R, C or J" . So I created " Roly Poly Snowmen" My snowmen were roly poly and they had a carrot nose. Letters "R " and " C"  were checked off. 

Grandma's Love was a vintage quilt top that Mr. Pinker bought me for my birthday in 2022. It went in the hoop December 26 and I enjoyed working on it as I celebrated the New Year .  By June , Grandma's Love was completed . What a feeling of accomplishment to finish this beauty. 


At the end of February ,  Joan at MooseStash Quilting hosted the Sweet on You Blog Hop. I immediately knew what I wanted to create. Soon I was stitching up a storm and finished  Sweet Berry Pickers quilt which I offered as a freebie. 

By mid March, Carol @ Just Let Me Quilt  hosted the Green Apple Blog Hop. Again I was up for the challenge and pieced a super quick quilt that I called Green Apple Butter. I also shared the instructions for making this wee quilt too. 


In the Spring of 2021 , I shared a series of 12 embroidery blocks for the Summer Days quilt. I finished piecing the top  by the end of March of 2023 and soon it was in the hoop. 

I shared the completed Summer Days quilt yesterday. 

After a year and a half of working on butterfly blocks in memory of my sister, I finished my Butterfly Kisses Quilt Top by the end of April. It immediately went in the hoop . I had high hopes to finish it by August 22nd, but that did not happen.

I did complete Butterfly Kisses  the first week of November.  I have to admit it is a quilt I will cherish. 


In May of 2021 , I finished piecing a Small Flag quilt top from the book Little Quilts Patriotic Quilting

After being as slow as molasses , I finally quilted the Flag Quilt and it was on display by July of this year. 

Another wee quilt finish in July was the Little Yellow Basket quilt  which is my design. I  believe I appliqued it in 2021 too. 

I guess this was the year to finish some of my small 2021 quilts because in August I finished a 2nd quilt from the Little Quilts Patriotic Quilts book called Antique Churn Dash

 Pam Buda's of Heartspun Quilts Summer Days Quilt was another finish in the month of August. Earlier during the summer, Pam offered this quilt as a freebie. 

Last year , I pieced and appliqued this wee Bee Skep quilt, but did not finish it until September rolled around. It will be a sweet quilt to display next summer with all of my bee decor. 

Just in time for Johnny Appleseed Day I finished  a small quilt that I called Apple Crate.  I shared it along with a tour of my hutch all decked in apples galore. I also gave the measurements if you are interested. 

  

I wrapped up September with "Four Little Pumpkins" which I pieced in 2022. 

The 2nd snowman finish for the year was Flurry & Flakes . I shared these blocks as freebies in 2022. 

 November saw a flurry of finishes. On the 3rd of November I finished my favorite quilt of all time Butterfly Kisses which is a quilt in memory of my sister. 

The next finish was Autumn Turkey Four Patch.


Just in time for the Christmas season, I finished a little Snow globe mug rug which I embroidered in 2018. It is almost too cute to set a mug on. Don't you think?

After 4 years , Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer quilt was finished and ready to be on display for the Christmas season.  

Just in the Nick of time, I squeezed out a finish of Father Christmas 3 days before Christmas. Oh, I was elated. This is a design by Country Threads. 

I also finished a long sitting UFO called Shine on Harvest Moon which I started in the 1990's. It felt good to get this little quilt finished for next fall. 

Twenty  quilts complete for the year. Hmmm I am not sure if that is good or not. I had lots of starts as well, but we will not go there. Perhaps 2024 will hold more finishes for me. We shall see. Hee! Hee! Thank you so much, dear friends for joining me and for all of the kind words and support throughout the year as I worked on these projects. You certainly kept me motivated. 

Now I am off to quilt the day away! May your day be filled with stitches and love! 


As Always...


Happy  Stitching and Quilting, y'all

Melisa 

In the quilt of life , friends are the stitches that keep it together. 

Hugs and Stitches!!!!🤗🧵❤

Dedicated to my dear sister, Amy who loved he Christmas season as much as I do.  I love and miss you so much.. Love you , Amo. 

 I am joining these lovely ladies' link parties. I hope you check them out; they always have so many wonderful projects going on and provide the opportunity for other needleworkers to meet. 

Susan at Quilt Fabrication for  Midweek Makers Wednesday

Jennifer at Inquiring Quilter for Wednesday  Wait Loss- Wednesday

Denise at For the Love of Geese for Put Your Foot Down- Thursday

Kelly at My Quilt Infatuation for Needle and Thread Thursday- Thursday

Nina at Creations, Quilts, Art , Whatever by Nina for Off the Wall Friday

Alycia's of Alycia's Quilts for Finished of Not Friday

Michelle  at From Bolt to Beauty for Beauty Pageant - Friday

Wendy at Wendy's Quilts for Peacock Party - Friday

Sarah at  Confessions of a Fabric Addict  for Whoop! Whoop! - Friday


36 comments:

  1. Definitely a very productive year, Miss Melisa. So many beautiful handwork related projects. Thank you for sharing your hard work and talent with us! Darlene J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Darlene. I was so glad to at least get a few big quilts under my belt for the year. I would love to finish at least 2 large ones this next year. We shall see. Lol. Have a fabulous , day and Happy quilting and stitching. Hugs.

      Delete
  2. Oh my Gosh what a parade. Only one word: Wonderful! What are you doing with all these beautiful things and... where do you find the time? I am still looking for the place where I can stop the time because I have so many beautiful cross-stitch patterns to stitch.
    Thanks for showing and have a creative week.
    Hugs, Gabi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you from the bottom of my heart, Gabi. It is hard to get as much done when you have more than one hobby isn't it? LOL. I was glad to get a few quilts completed throughout the year. This is the 1st time I have ever counted my quilts for the year so I am pleased overall. Have a wonderful week. Hugs.

      Delete
  3. You've had a busy year finishing quilts! I hope 2024 is as productive, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am pleased by how much I got accomplished. I think I started more than I finished though. LOL. Thank you so much for the sweet visit, Gretchen. Happy quilting. Hugs.

      Delete
  4. (Little Penpen) you had a lot of cute finishes ! My Rudolph scrub top quilt is on the back of the couch and I’ve had a lot of compliments on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought of you as I finished my Rudolph quilt, Penny. I look forward to pulling mine out next year . I am always on the look out for cute scrub shirts for the next quilt. LOL. Thank you so much for the sweet visit. Happy Wednesday. Hugs.

      Delete
  5. What a wonderfully productive quilting year you had, Melisa! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy that I was able to complete as much as I did especially getting a few larger quilts completed. Thank you so much, Robin. I hope your week is going well. Hugs.

      Delete
  6. Wow! What a collection of beautiful quilts! Thanks so much for sharing your finishes with us. It sure motivates me to get on the stick and at least start some smaller quilts that I can display occasionally! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Donna. I usually lean towards smaller quilts. I like to have them on display, but it felt so good to get a few larger ones completed. Have a wonderful evening and happy stitching. Hugs.

      Delete
  7. Just look at all your quilts! The fact that you hand quilt all of them is pretty amazing in my book. I especially love the vintage quilt top finish, and how nice of Mr. Pinker to gift that to you. Nicely done Melisa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Linda. I was over the moon when hubby brought in 2 vintage quilt tops for my birthday. Maybe I will quilt the 2nd one this year. Have a great evening . Blessings.

      Delete
  8. What a wonderful collection of quilts! I really admire your work, all of them are beautiful. Though I have some personal favorites: Grandma's quilt, Father Christmas, Four little pumpkins, apple crate... but I really love them all!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Diana. I always try to keep a quilt in the hoop. It is so relaxing to work on them at night. I had a great time working on Grandma's quilt. I loved visiting all of the vintage scrappy fabrics in the quilt. Thank you again for dropping by. Hugs.

      Delete
  9. Wow what a happy parade of beautiful finishes! What a terrific year of finishes you had! May 2024 be just as great!--TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure do hope 2024 is just as productive. I seem to go in spurts in respect to productivity but every little stitch leads me to an eventual finish. Thank you so much , Terry for the sweet Wednesday visit. Hope you are having a lovely day. Hugs.

      Delete
  10. That is a very impressive list of finishes! You have some cute and fun finishes. Wishing you an equally successful 2024.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Kate. It was fun for me to look back and gather all my finishes. I was pleasantly surprised even though many of them are small. You and all my quilting buddies certainly keep me motivated with seeing all of y'alls pretties. Have a wonderful evening and Happy quilting. Hugs.

      Delete
  11. Great projects and great finishes and all of them --so you!! I guess I need to take some time and see just what did I do this past year???? But first --today's project is to sew buttons on about 24 new knitted baby sweaters so I can get them sent out to a charity this week--
    thanks for all the projects you have shared with us this past year--you sure have kept me busy!!!!
    Happy New Year--hugs, di

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Di. I would love to see what all you have finished because you are so prolific. I hope you do a post on that. Woo Hoo! 24 baby sweaters! Wow! I know they are all as cute as a button too. Have a wonderful evening. I hope you get them all completed quickly. Happy New Years and Hugs.

      Delete
  12. What a fun parade of quilt finishes, Melisa! I loved seeing them all. It's so lovely that you finished your Butterfly quilt this year - I know that one is really special to you. I will look forward to seeing everything you work on in 2024!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was happy and yet moved to tears to have finished Butterfly Kisses, Diann. It will always be my all time favorite. I have made several mourning quilts in my life and each one tugs at my heart. I wish you a fabulous and productive new year as well; I know you will have me chasing a few squirrels in the coming year. LOL. Hugs.

      Delete
  13. What a fun quilt parade and trip down memory lane, Melisa!!! I'm looking forward to your 2024 quilts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Nancy. I was pleasantly surprised on how much I accomplished. I have my fingers crossed 2024 will be as productive. I look forward to seeing all of the quilts your work on as well.Happy New Years. Hugs

      Delete
  14. Oh my goodness my friend, you have completed so many beautiful pieces of art. You simply amaze me on all you do throughout the year. I loved seeing all your completed projects, your quilts are just gorgeous and you know how I love your crossstitch designs. Can’t wait to see what you have going on in 2024. Thanks for sharing your posts with us. Happy New Year Melisa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised by how many quilts I was able to complete this year, Patti. I sure hope I can repeat the productivity in the coming year. Thank you so much for all of the kind words and encouragement throughout the year.It has really meant so much to me. Have a happy New Year, dear friend. Hugs.

      Delete
  15. Since you also made and finished A LOT of Xstitch, besides the quilts, I would say that your productivity for the year is A+!! And we haven't even talked about the garden and the decorating you fit into all that, as well. You are a Wonder, Melisa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh an A + , I will take it! Hee ! Hee ! Lol thank you so much, Ginny. I really didn't feel as productive, but I guess looking back I did get quite a bit done. Hopefully, 2024 will be just as productive. Hope you are keeping your needles busy as we head into the new year. Have a great evening. Hugs.

      Delete
  16. You've had a busy year finishing quilts!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a better year at quilting than what I imagined. Thank you so much, dear Isabel for the sweet visit. hugs.

      Delete
  17. Congratulations on the finishes! Twenty seems like a lot to me. Have a great New Year! Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss. https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/12/27/wednesday-wait-loss-360

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much , Jennifer. I was so happy with all that I was able to complete. I hope you have a Happy New Year. Hugs.

      Delete
  18. Just amazing how many beautiful quilts you created over the past 12 months, Melisa! Absolutely wonderful ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Carol. I was pleasantly surprised by how many I completed. I hope 2024 will be just as productive. Hugs.

      Delete

Popular Posts

What To Do Tuesday