Blog Archive

Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Blueberry Basket Sampler-- A Summer Freebie

Good morning, Sweetie Pies! The biscuits are fresh out of the oven. 


Grab  you a cup of milk and a warm blueberry biscuit. They are scrumptious. 


And the berries are homegrown. 


Two weeks ago, I shared Aunt Betty's  at Blueberry Buckle Lane   (Quite a mouthful Huh!) 


I was quite smitten over the basket of blueberries so I took the basket motif and added a simple alphabet to create a wee sampler. 

I just plopped it into a 5 x 7 frame ; I haven't stretched it yet because I am still on the search for a smaller frame, but for now it will do. Isn't it cute? 


    🧺🧺🧺🧺🧺🧺🧺🧺🧺🧺🧺🧺🧺🧺🧺

If you are interested in stitching this piece,  just grab , the images. For printing tips, refer to the post Tips for Printing which has loads of tips from my sweet friends.

      🧺🧺🧺🧺🧺🧺🧺🧺🧺🧺🧺🧺🧺🧺🧺


How about a recipe?  I used my basic 3 ingredient  biscuit recipe to create the blueberry biscuits.  Usually I do not measure exactly so these are some rough measurements.  You could certainly add blueberries to your favorite recipe. 

Blueberry Biscuits

INGREDIENTS

2 cups of self rising flour 

1/4 cup of cold butter

about 3/4 cup of milk

3/4 cup of fresh blueberries

1/4 cup of sugar or sweeten to taste


ICING- 

1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar

3 Tablespoon lemon juice

1 Tablespoon of milk

DIRECTIONS: Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  In medium bowl whisk flour and sugar. Cut in 1/4 cup of butter.  Add  1/2  to 3/4 cup of milk and lightly mix until the dough is the consistency that you like.  On a well floured surface, dump your dough out of the bowl and flatten  the dough into a rectangle . Place blueberries on top of the dough and fold the dough. Gently pat the dough out to desired thickness and cut biscuits out. DO NOT USE ROLLER.  Place in greased pan and bake for 10-13 minutes or until golden brown. 

ADDING ICING- Mix powdered sugar, lemon juice and milk until desired consistency.  Once the biscuits are baked, remove from the oven and allow them to slightly cool before adding the icing to the warm biscuits. 

🧺🧺🧺🧺🧺🧺🧺🧺🧺🧺🧺🧺🧺🧺🧺

I had a sweet visitor yesterday or should I say she is a bandit. Lol. 🦝

I watched her crawl straight down the tree. I had never seen a raccoon scurry down the trunk of the tree before. Her little belly looked like it was making it a cumbersome task, but she made her way to the birdseed which had spilled from the feeder after my squirrels visited it.  I know a lot of people do not like raccoons because they can be very pesky, but living here in the holler - well I am used to them and besides I realize I am living in their area since I am surrounded by woods. I have named this little gal, Rhonda. 😀🤗🦝

Alrighty , ya'll. I am off to see what I can get into. Later today I will be posting August's doodle so if you have a chance drop by for a visit. 

Have a berry beautiful day, Sweeties and ...

Happy  Stitching and Quilting, ya'll

Melisa

A little blueberry goodness goes a long way.  

Hugs and Stitches!!!!🤗🧵❤

Dedicated to my dear sister, Amy. Love and miss you so much. Such a difficult month


Found a cute blueberry  free printable on Purely Katie website.  I haven't printed it yet, but thought I might share it. 


25 comments:

  1. Those biscuits look so yummy! Your newest stitching is beautiful! Enjoy Ronda, she wouldn't be very welcome at my home though. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh they were quiet tasty, Gretchen and a treat since we had fresh blueberries. Lol I know what you mean on Rhonda. Thankfully she has not been destructive- yet. Lol. Have a very lovely week, Gretchen and happy quilting.

      Delete
  2. Do you use self-rising flour? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I am so glad you asked that. Yes that is what I use. I will go back and specify that in the directions. Lol. I can not believe I forgot to mention that. Thank you for the sweet visit, dear and Happy August.

      Delete
  3. Your blueberry basket sampler is darling, Melisa. Enjoy a biscuit for me! We have raccoons here in our holler, but I don't want them on my back porch. Happy August 1st!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Robin. I enjoyed stitching that basket so much, I had to stitch it twice. Lol. You know what I mean about being surrounded by critters . So far she hasn't been destructive or aggressive. Thankfully. Happy August. Hugs.

      Delete
  4. Those cookies look delicious!!!
    Thanks for the récipe!
    A hug

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaw thank you very much, Isabel. They were quite yummy especially with the fresh berries. I hope you have had a very lovely day and thank you for the sweet visit. Hugs.

      Delete
  5. Such a cute blueberry basket. The blueberry biscuits sound amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Jeanna. I loved stitching the basket of blueberries. I am drawn to these colors. The biscuits were so yummy. They were gobbled up in no time. Happy stitching. Hugs.

      Delete
  6. Thanks for sharing your cross stitch with us. I am currently stitching your Sunflower Sampler. Next on my list will be this Blueberry Basket Sampler and your Pumpkin and Bittersweet Sampler.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy August, Donna. I am so excited to hear that you are stitching my Sunflower Sampler. I finished the mini one today. I had forgotten about the Pumpkin and Bittersweet sampler that was another one of my favorites. I hope you enjoy each stitch. Hugs.

      Delete
  7. Aaah you are so very welcome , dear. I am not very tech savvy so all of those tips have been provided by my dear stitchy friends. It used to be easier for me to share the charts and then something changed either with google or my blog , but any how this is the only way I can share them at this point. I am so happy you were able to find a tip to help you enjoy these humble designs. I hope you enjoy. Happy August.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rhonda is a cutie! I had one in my attic, and it was young. We trapped it with peanut butter and did a release out in the forest instead of my woods and attic! They are amazing little creatures. Thank you for the great recipe and the stitchery to go along with it. I would love to sit down with a cup of milk and a biscuit and talk about quilting with you. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rhonda is a little character. So glad to hear that you was able to relocate your little visitor . An attic is no place for the little fellow. Lol. They are amazing ,and so crafty. I wish you were here too Susan . I bet we would have a grand time talking quilting . I know I would be enabled into some new projects for I always love what you have going on. :) Thank you for the sweet visit. Hugs.

      Delete
  9. I love that wee blueberry sampler and I think it looks great in that frame! Thank you for the chart and the recipe, those biscuits look scrumptious! *waves at Rhonda*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Honeybee. The frame was a great thrifty find and I was thrilled that it fit in it. Have an awesome week. Hugs.

      Delete
  10. Those biscuits look fantastic, Melisa!! Love the new sampler too! Thank you for both. I copied that recipe. My grands love blueberries and love to go to the farm and pick them as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love biscuits, but blueberries biscuits- well they are over the top. I hope your grandbabies enjoy them. Thank you for the sweet visit. Brenda. Hugs. 

      Delete
  11. OMGoodness, Melisa! Bless your generous heart! Those biscuits have my mouth watering. I think I am going to give them a try with huckleberries. The Sampler is so nice. Maybe you will find the perfect frame during your outings on the Yard sales. Rhonda is a pretty gal, even if I do not particularly like her kind. I've had too many run ins with them in my farm days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh , I hope you enjoy the biscuits, Ginny. We gobbled ours up in no time. It was a nice sweet treat. Mmm huckleberries sound divine. Thankfully, Rhonda has not got into too much trouble. The raccoons can get into everything can't they? lol Thank you for the sweet visit. Hugs.

      Delete
  12. Will there be a Rhonda cross stitch treasure or perhaps a Rhonda block in a calendar quilt top? I'm being pulled toward embroidering quilt blocks after seeing even more of your designs! Yum! Blueberry biscuits. Now why didn't I think of that. Fluffier than scones I'd guess. Thanks again for sharing, Melisa. Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm that's a great idea, Kris. I do love seeing the raccoons since we have so many living out here in the woods. A fall piece would look awful sweet with a raccoon. You have certainly given me an idea. Oh thank you so much , dear Kris. You brought a smile to my day. I hope you try the biscuits. Hugs.

      Delete
  13. Hi Melisa!! I'm back from visiting my family and I see I have a lot to catch up! This blueberry basket sampler is just beautiful! Another one to add up to my list of future projects. And the recipe for the biscuits looks so yummy! I will have to try it!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diana, I hope you had an amazing visit with your family. It is nice to get away and even nicer when you are with your loved ones. I hope you were able to relax as well. Thank you so much for dropping by and catching up on my blog. It has been a joy to hear from you. Missed you! Hugs.

      Delete

Popular Posts

What To Do Tuesday