Blog Archive

Friday, August 25, 2023

Beatrice's Bee Manor- A Bee and House Freebie

We have a new house in the neighborhood, and it is a buzzing with activity!!! 🐝🐝🐝

Welcome, ya'll and a very happy Friday to you!

 Many of ya'll know that I am plumb bee crazy especially this time of the year. For some time, I have had a hankering  to stitch another bee house. After giving it much thought, soon I was in construction mode . No hammer and nails for me- just floss and a needle.

   This home is called Beatrice's Bee Manor; it is another home for sweet Aunt Bea and yes I do have an Aunt Bea in the familyπŸ˜€.  ( I usually name my homes after family members.)

Beatrice's Bee Manor has quilt motifs along the windows and  the door, and of course, there are a few bees as well. 


The yard is filled with bee skeps. Aunt Bea loves to tend to her colonies. She has even placed some skeps on her roof. Those skeps hold her most delectable honey. 🍯

You may remember that Aunt Bea has a summer home too  which I shared a couple of years ago  . Aunt Bea's Summer Home  still seems to be one of the most popular  of the house charts. 


🐝🍯🐝🍯🐝🍯🍯🐝🍯🐝🍯🐝🍯🐝🍯
If you are interested in stitching this piece,  just grab , the images. For printing tips, refer to the post Tips for Printing which has loads of tips from my sweet friends.

🐝🍯🐝🍯🐝🍯🍯🐝🍯🐝🍯🐝🍯🐝🍯

NOTE: OOPS- I made 3 mistakes on the original instruction page. Yikes!!! Where was my head? 😳 -  So I have recreated the instruction page, but if you have already copied it and just want to make note, these are the mistakes. 

OOPS  No. 1.  Please note that  I used 1 strand of DMC 3371 to create the bee antennas .

OOPS No. 2 & 3  -   I left off two floss colors.   
O -  422 Light Hazelnut Brown 
πŸ›†- 3858  Medium Rosewood
  I am so sorry for leaving this floss color off . Thank you sweet friends for being so kind and understanding. 

This is the corrected Instruction page. ⇩




🐝🍯🐝🍯🐝🍯🍯🐝🍯🐝🍯🐝🍯🐝🍯

Now on to other happenings. Mr. Pinker and I arrived at our campsite last night. Today supposed to be a hot one, but Mr. Pinker and I are going to hit some of my favorite honey holes for some thrifty finds. I am in search for quilts or quilt tops and a small wooden box or crate to perhaps use as a riser. I have been moving some things around in the kitchen and want to raise some items plus have storage.  Fingers crossed I will find these things at dirt cheap prices; otherwise this ole' gal will come home with just fun memories of being out and about. 

If you have a chance, drop back by tomorrow. I hope to post a tour of my buffet filled with bee stitches. That is if the good Lord is willing and the creek doesn't rise. 

Thank you so much for the sweet visit, Sweeties. I can not tell you how much I appreciate each and every one of you. You make this ole' gal feel very blessed. 
Love ya! 

As Always...

Happy quilting and stitching, ya'll

Melisa
Hugs and Stitches!!! πŸ€—❤🧡

The lovely flower embarrass me.They make me regret  I am not a bee.- Emily Dickinson


Dedicated to my sweet sister, Amy .I miss you , Amo . Love ya. ❤❤❤ Two years and 3 days. πŸ˜” Forever in my heart.

 

























29 comments:

  1. Beatrice's Bee Manor is the perfect blend of creativity and stitching skills. The bee skeps and yard details are simply adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah you are so very kind, dear. Thank you so much for the sweetest compliment. It was a fast and delightful stitch to work on. I hope you have a wonderful weekend .

      Delete
  2. Good morning Melisa, I love bees and I love honey ! Thank you for this beautiful pattern. I will stitch it after I have finished another one of your houses. Have a nice day !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Friday, Annelies. I am so touched that you will be adding this home to your stitching plans . I sure hope you enjoy it. I look forward to seeing which house you are now working on. I truly appreciate your support and kindness. Hugs

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Aaaw thank you so much, Isabel. I had such a delightful time working on this stitch and was surprised how fast it worked up. I appreciate the sweet visit and wish you the most wonderful weekend. Hugs.

      Delete
  4. Another lovely design. Thanks for sharing. Have a fabulous Friday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Friday, Tammy . I hope you have had a terrific day. Thank you so much for the kind words on my latest home and for dropping by for a visit. Have a fabulous weekend. Hugs.

      Delete
  5. Another lovely house to add to the neighborhood, Melisa! I hope you and Mr. Pinker have a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Friday, Robin. I hope your weekend is off to a great start. We are having a great time despite the heat. I hope it is a little cooler in your neck of the woods. Thank you so much for the kind words on my latest bee house . It stitched up pretty quick too. Hugs. 

      Delete
  6. Mary Jo in WisconsinAugust 25, 2023 at 9:50 AM

    I love your houses and am stitching my way through all of them! Do you take requests? We had a lake cottage with a wonderful Oak tree so we called it Acorn Cottage. I developed an affinity to acorns due to wonderful memories, and was wondering if you would consider creating an acorn house....I like that your houses have a family connection. I also like your bee things so am excited about today's house. I am a quilter as well with a love of hexagons, which begs for bee accents! Thank you for sharing your talent and creativity with us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the new House featuring Bees, love it. Hoping that you have success on your hunting for quilts to save and love and other treasures. Great hubby that allows you indulge in yoour love of thrifting. Today is my daughter and husband's 30 yr annversary!! How did this happen already? seems like yesterday! They are travelling north to find some adventures today! Happy camping to you and can't wait tor the new Hutch Tour!!! Hugs from sunny Arizona.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good afternoon, dear Mary and Happy Friday. I sure hope your daughter and her hubby has a great anniversary; I agree how time flies. Do they like to camp too? Maybe they will find some grand adventures and make many fond memories in celebration of their 30th. Thank you so much for the kind words on my latest house. It was a joy to create and share. I agree I am lucky that my hubby enjoys taking me thrifting.He is a bit of collector himself, but with manly stuff. Lol. Have a wonderful evening and weekend , Mary and stay cool. Hugs.

      Delete
  8. Oh, Melisa! You are so generous with your designs. I can't select a favorite, they are all nice. I hope you find some treasures and at great prices. Enjoy your camping trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy happy Friday , Jeanna. I sure hope your day has been a good one. We have had a great day out and about today. It is so nice to get away sometime. Thank you so much for the kind words on my latest house. It is hard for me to choose a favorite as well- sometimes it is whichever one I am working on at the time. Lol. Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs. 

      Delete
  9. Oh, I'm excited to stitch another house for aunt Bea. I've already stitched her summer house and love it. My mother, Betty, had an older sister Beatrice and we called her aunt Beatty. Those are names from long ago.
    Thanks again for your generosity sharing your patterns.
    Safe travels. Cindyls5462

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah well this house is perfect for your sweet Aunt Beatty, Cindy. You brought a smile to my day. I think the summer house is still one of my favorites with the quilt star flowers. I sure hope you enjoy this one Cindy. I am so excited to hear that you will be adding this to your stitch list. Have a Blessed and wonderful weekend. Happy stitching. Hugs.

      Delete
  10. What a great "home!" Love the name you chose. I hope you found a few treasurers and enjoyed every step of the hunt!--TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Friday, Terry ; I hope your day has been a delightful one. We had a great day out and about looking for treasures and are now relaxing at camp and enjoying the lake. Thank you so much for the kind words on my latest home. It sure was a fun stitch and I am glad to add it to my collection. Have an awesome weekend. Hugs.

      Delete
  11. This is a fun house for Aunt Bea! I love the stars all over, the bees, and their skeps. Aunt Bea is a lucky lady to have you designing her homes! Hope you're enjoying your camping trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol thank you so much, Diann. The quilt stars were a lot of fun to stitch. Hmm, I think I wouldn't mind living in that house with Aunt Bea. Lol. Have a great weekend. Hugs.

      Delete
  12. Melisa,
    Beatrice's Bee Manor is so cute!!! I am so glad that you enjoyed seeing the apple and sunflower theme in my kitchen...I had a lot of fun decorating it and making crafts for it...By all means, please feel free to make some apple ornaments.....Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by!!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Deb for dropping by to see my little stitched home. I am excited to add it to my bee decor. Your kitchen always makes me so happy and this years theme certainly did not disappoint. I love that you decorate in themes too. I do the same and find great inspiration from you . I can not tell you how much I appreciate you sharing your home and ideas. Have a blessed weekend. Hugs.

      Delete
  13. Love it, Melisa!! Thank you so much. I hope you find the treasures you seek!! Looking forward to seeing your buffet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Brenda. I had a great time working on this little house. Well I did find a little riser shelf but no quilts that I could afford on this trip. I did see a darling Grandmother's Fan quilt in feedsack fabrics, and what was unusual was the background fabric was gray. It was quite striking.   I hope you  have had a great weekend in the quilt room . It has been too hot to be outside . Hasn't it? lol. Have a very Blessed Sunday. Hugs. 

      Delete
  14. Love the new Bee Manor for Aunt Bea. It goes nicely with her previous home. She's a very lucky lady to have 2 lovely places named for her. Thank you so much for sharing with us. Any day you can go thrifting is a good day but I hope you are successful in your quests.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Saturday, Ginny. I hope you have had a great day. Thank you so much for the kind words on Aunt Bea's new home. It was a joy to work on this house and I am so excited to add it to all of the bee pieces. We have had a great time thrifting. I will be going home with a few treasures, but no quilts this time. Maybe I will have better luck next time. Have a wonderful evening. Hugs.

      Delete
  15. Hello Melisa, I have started stitching the manor and I have a question. Maybe it is asked before and I do not see it.
    Can you tell me what colornumber you used for the symbol 'o' ?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Melisa, another question. I am also missing the colornumber of the door.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

What To Do Tuesday