Blog Archive

Friday, January 28, 2022

Sweet Ramblings Plus Heart & Keys - An Itty Bitty Stitch - A Valentine Freebie


Eeeh ! It is snowing outside! Just a few flurries. 
Welcome ya'll and happy, happy Friday. It is doubtful that the snow will lay here in the valley, but it is always exciting to see a flake or two. 




The mystery is solved !  Kathleen Tracy of Sentimental Quillter has been hosting a Valentine Mini Mystery Quilt Along . I completed the final step yesterday. 


Very few fabrics were used, and it was a quick and easy little quilt. Hop over to her blog for more info if you would like to create one yourself. 


I finished a new itty bitty stitch  called Heart & Keys. It took less than an hour to stitch . I finished it into a simple pin pillow. 

As I was stitching , I thought of my Granny's Log Cabin. She had a door between the kitchen and living room that had a window , porcelain door knobs and used a skeleton key. As a child , I was fascinated to see an old door like that. When Granny  received her angel wings ,  the door came home with me . 🚪❤😊

 Click here for chart. 


I am officially pulling out my Valentine's decor tonight. 

I have an idea for the hutch. I hope I will be able to create what I envision. 

My favorite Valentine stitch is still  Roses, Hearts and Chickens  that I stitched last year.    Next to it is Heart & Home , the companion piece for Heart & Keys. 

I finished the binding on Lizzie Kate's freebie Peace Joy and Love this week. Now this little piece will make its way into the Christmas cross stitch bin. Lol. See you in a few months, sweet stitch. 


Well that is my Friday evening ramble about quilting , stitching and such. Thank you so much for the sweet visit, my friends. 
As always....
Happy stitching and quilting, ya'll
Melisa 

 I am joining these lovely ladies' link parties. I hope you check them out; they always have so many wonderful projects going on and provide the opportunity for other needleworkers to meet. 

Kelly at My Quilt Infatuation for Needle and Thread Thursday- Thursday

Alycia's of  Alycia's Quilts for Finished of Not Friday

Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict  for Can I Get a Whoop Whoop-Friday

Rebecca Grace at Rebecca Grace Quilting for TGIFF- Friday

Michelle  at From Bolt to Beauty for Beauty Pageant  - Friday

Wendy at Wendy's Quilts for Peacock Party - Friday 

Frederique at  Applique Patchwork Quilting   for Patchwork & Quilts     - Saturday

Angela of  So Scrappy  for Scrap Happy Saturday

 A very little key will open a very heavy door. 

Hugs and Stitches!!!

Dedicated to my sweet sister , Amy.  Love  and miss you. ❤❤👼

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for the freebie. Love looking at you pictures and going to all these links of blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog and your little mini and so nice of you to give links to wonderful projects! I made the Box of Chocolates you showed last week and am enjoying it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodbye, adorable snow people. Hello, hearts!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love looking at the seasonal decorations for your hutch. Cute Valentine mini.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your projects, those snowmen is just too cute. Stay safe and warm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Sentimental Stitches mini quilt is so cute! And pretty in all those reds, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable Mini!! And super perfect for valentines day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your little snowmen ;) Lovely Valentine mini, and your deco is pretty. This new Heart & Keys is beautiful, close to the Chicken & Roses one.
    Thank you for sharing those eye candies, and linking up ;)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Hitching Up the Wagons and Heading South...