Blog Archive

Friday, January 7, 2022

Blame It On the Rain!!!

 Good afternoon ya'll. Brrr! It is cold outside. A perfect day  to cuddle up with your favorite quilting or stitching  project. But first,  we are going back in time- all the way to 1989 !!!πŸ˜ƒπŸŽΈπŸ₯ Ya'll remember the group!!! Milli Vanilli. Sing with me !!!  🎀

🎡🎡🎡Blame it on the rain (yeah yeah)   πŸŽ΅πŸŽ΅πŸŽ΅

Go on and blame it on the rain
'Cause the rain don't mind
And the rain don't care
You got to blame it on something...
You can blame it on the rain
Blame it on the rain
Blame it on the rain baby
(Blame it on the rain yeah yeah)   πŸŽ΅πŸŽ΅πŸŽ΅
Lol , I know . I know. You are saying what is she carrying on about now. Lol. Well, I am just about to make some excuses for one of my first blocks for the RSC challenge.   πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜πŸ˜³
This months' color is Red!!!! 
Oh, you know me! I just love, love, love Red and am super excited about this month's color !!!❤❤❤ 
As soon as I read that red was the color, I hopped , skipped and jumped to the Quilt Nest to work on a new block - A super easy one Chimneys and Cornerstones.  Ok, before you look at it, get on a horse and start galloping by because I do not want to you to look too close. 


 I am "Blaming it on the Rain " though. It was  storming when I was piecing. ⛈πŸ—²πŸŒ©πŸ˜†Lol. 
Now you would think that I could piece this block blindfolded, but I can not tell you how many times I ripped out my stitches and still my corners do not meet. I even ripped my fabric. But oh no! That was not going to stop me. Those blocks were going to be pieced.
 So it's a little wonky ! Oh well. I will just keep singing and go on to the next block. πŸ˜ƒπŸŽ΅πŸ“» and our next tune-  back to 1983 with "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun " By Cyndi Lauper. 
🎡🎡🎡Oh girls, they wanna have fun
Ho hoo girls just wanna have
That's all they really want
Is some fun
When the workin' day is done
Oh girls, they wanna have fun
🎡🎡🎡 
So I have gathered a bowl full of fabrics and I'm on to the next project. 
More chicken blocks and a red egg basket block.
This little vintage children's book provides inspiration. 
Little Red Hens- "You make me so  happy. "
Now on to a thrifty find. 
I purchased this stamped cross stitch at the Goodwill a few weeks ago for just $1.00.  It reminded me of the grandbabies and their love of going fishing with their Pappy. Love that red frame. 
This is the cross stitch I hope to finish this weekend. Reds in it too-- It's another crock stitch. 
I am so grateful that you stopped by for a little visit. I hope these little ditties are not humming in your head all evening. πŸ˜€πŸ˜… Lol they will be  in mine.  As always...
Happy quilting, ya'll
Melisa
No matter what people think always keep singing your own song!!!
Hugs and Stitches!!!

I am joining these lovely ladies' link parties. I hope you check them out; they always have so many wonderful projects going on and provide the opportunity for other needleworkers to meet. 

Kelly at My Quilt Infatuation for Needle and Thread Thursday- Thursday

Alycia's of  Alycia's Quilts for Finished of Not Friday

Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict  for Can I Get a Whoop Whoop-Friday

Rebecca Grace at Rebecca Grace Quilting for TGIFF- Friday

Michelle  at From Bolt to Beauty for Beauty Pageant  - Friday

Wendy at Wendy's Quilts for Peacock Party - Friday 

Frederique at  Applique Patchwork Quilting   for Patchwork & Quilts     - Saturday

Angela of  So Scrappy  for Scrap Happy Saturday



Dedicated to my sweet sister, Amy who loved her chickens and all things vintage. . 






16 comments:

  1. Are you able to share the pattern for your Chimney and Cornerstones Quilt Block? What is the finished block size? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the red fabrics and the great cross stitch find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your red blocks are all love but my favorite is the chickens! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love red, too! I cut out and started sewing my Rudolph scrub top blocks yesterday. I hope mine will be as cute as yours. I love the little Grandpa cross stitch; perfect for your red collection. You are a busy little bee... I wish I could keep up with you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. On behalf of many, thank you for rescuing that piece. Someone made it with love for maybe a grandpa. Love your block - and isn't that the way of it? So used to it that you should be able to zip it out in no time...smh. Happens to me all the time! And HSTs are the bane of my existence! :-)
    Blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the block that you are having difficulty quilting, Melisa! What a lovely piece you rescued/saved! Have a super weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love, love your chicken blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOOOOHHHHH, I love the little red hen!!! Is there a pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous post...you've given me courage to work on one of my quilts that has had me stumped. Thank you! I love your sweet, carefree attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a delicious bowl of fabrics. Love those cute chickens and basket of eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This wuilt is off to a good start, its going to be absolutly gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now I have that song stuck in my head haha!!
    I think your block is perfect - and my trusty steed I galloped by on thinks so too!! haha!
    LOVE all your red and your chickies!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I remember those tunes! Now I will have girls just wanna have fun running through my head.... again. I might have watched the movie Goonies in the last week as well! Love the cute chickens.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely red blocks! I love red too, it's a bright and happy color for me. I love your chickens ;)
    Thank you for sharing, and linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the new chicken, love the red block. It's a great RSC block.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

All Is Well That Ends Well Monday