Blog Archive

Sunday, January 16, 2022

Snowbird Alert!

Brrr!  It is a rainy winter day .Welcome, my friends.

Winter Saltbox

 A Winter Advisory is been put in effect in my neck of the woods. Still waiting to see if snow will fall in the valley.  I have my needle and thread all ready for some good ole' slow stitching. What about you?   

Since I am on Snowbird Alert, I think today is the perfect day to finish the quilting on  my Winter wall hanging and begin the binding.

 I know this was supposed to have been fully completed last week, but I saw some squirrels and got sidetracked.  😀

 Fabric is tea dyed so  "Let It Snow Sampler" will be my cross stitch.

 Still debating on the floss color to use. I'm leaning toward DMC 930.  

Well, this week, I finished  and shared my Winter Blessings cross stitch .

  I also finished a quick dough bowl filler called "Love You! "

 This week's RSC block was a red bowl with posies in it. These colors are my happy colors. 

 

Sweet Paxton has a new small cross stitch that he wants me to finish into a bowl filler. It is called Love Quilt Star. 

If you would like to stitch it . Grab your favorite  red  and pink and you can stitch it up lickety split. I stitched mine on 14 count tea dyed aida. It was a scrap piece. I hate to waste those scraps.  
Click here for chart. 

I'll keep you posted if I see any snowflakes!



If you see any of your own, please stay warm, safe and cozy. 
Thank you so much, my friends for stopping by and as always, 
Happy quilting and stitching, ya'll, 
Melisa 
Keep being awesome!!!!

I am joining these lovely ladies' link parties. I hope you check them out; they always have so many wonderful projects going on and provide the opportunity for other needle workers to meet.  

Angela of  So Scrappy  for Scrap Happy Saturday     
 Kathy at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Stitching Sunday
Kate at Life in Pieces for  Stitching Stuff ( Sunday) 

Cynthia at Quilting is More Fun Than Housework for Oh Scrap - Sunday 

Beth at Love Laugh Quilt  for Monday Making
Judy at Small Quilts Doll Quilts for Design Wall Monday
Lynette at What a Hoot!  for BOMs Away Monday

Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict  for Can I Get a Whoop Whoop-Friday

Wendy at Wendy's Quilts for Peacock Party - Friday 

Alycia at Alycias Quilts for Finish or Not Friday


To appreciate the beauty of a snowflake ; it is necessary to stand out in the cold.  - Aristotle.
Hugs and Stitches and Warm Winter Wishes!!!!

Dedicated to my sweet sister, Amy who would be on pins and needles for the chance of snow. Miss and love ya, Amo. ❤


21 comments:

  1. Buenos dias.....como sabes me gusta mucho tus bordados, aqui en Alicante, España no nieva, hoy hace frío¡¡¡¡...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonne journée malgré le froid, continuer vos beaux ouvrages et un grand merci pour vos idées simples. En Bretagne, la météo est douce et le soleil est là. A bientôt. Amicalement

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've definitively been busy with needle and thread. Very fun stitcheries in progress. Happy stitching this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always enjoy seeing your stitcheries, love the bowl with flowers! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoyed seeing what you've stitched. And thank you for the Love Quilt Star stitch.
    Love the picture at the top of your blog. Have you told us what these patterns were? I know a couple are yours including the saltbox house.
    Blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many cute and cozy stitches. I hope you get your snow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Melisa, I love the Love Quilt Star. Thank you! We are supposed to get snow from midday Sunday into Monday. Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the lovely Love pattern. Lickety split? Not in x-stitch-LOL. I hate to waste scraps too. I was watching a video by Lori Holt and she uses little motifs on her scrap pieces and makes them into a button. She calls it Sampler in a Jar. Well, you know I bought some buttons to cover and stitched some little motifs...lickety split they were not. I even tried some 1 over 1. I'm using Gloriana Schoolhouse Red. She also crochets a simple flower to use the buttons on. This year I'm making all things related to Birds and Tomato pincushions. I joined Lindy Stitches Bird Crush monthly series-almost have it done. I also plunged and joined Hummingbird Highways "The Flock". She announced this is the last year for designs. I hope I can buy some of the older designs. I just sat on the fence for years. The pieces are laser cut for patchwork piecing. Not very much snow yesterday but we had a skating rink days before. I wish I could just sit inside and stitch but I'm the only one who clears the path. I always think about delivery people and having to get out to the shed to clean litter boxes and fill the feed bowl and heated dog bowl for the feral cats I care for. So snow/ice is no stitching period for me. Did I Spy a needle minder with a Michelle Palmer design? I looked on Etsy and didn't see any. I miss seeing her stuff since I quit Facebook. I seen some greeting cards in her Etsy Shop and I'm thinking of buying some. I love her designs. Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have the cutest stitching ideas, Melisa! I'm going to have to take up cross-stitch so I can try some of your sweet bowl fillers. I love your winter quilt, and the red bowl block for RSC, too. Enjoy your stitching today!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE that Bowl of Posies block, Melisa!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you stayed warm!!
    and Winter!!! I love that projects - the plaids are just awesome!
    Love all your projects!! what fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love that photo of the plaid quilt in the hoop! I just want to pick up that hoop and get quilting! Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a plethora of gorgeous stitching to be seen, Melisa! All are so pretty. Your Winter quilt makes me smile; as does that sweet bowl of flowers....both projects are filled with delight. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sweet Love Quilt Heart, thank you for the new pattern. You have been a busy girl stitching and quilting, congratulations. I have started my Prairie Schooler Santa project, there are 38 so far. At one a month = it will take me 3+ years, LOL. Sending warm hugs to you from Arizona.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope you're staying warm and very safe! I'm consistently amazed at how much you accomplish! Melisa, do you have a pattern for your snowflakes pillow? Please and thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Melisa, you are like me and enjoy a variety of stitching. I love all your work. Such a happy winter post. We did get a blizzard yesterday with over a foot of snow. But sunny today. Happy Stitching to you from me in Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a load of fun projects. I'm in love with your WINTER quilt. The RSC bowl of flowers is adorable! Great use of RED!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such beautiful winter projects, Melisa! You posted this on the 16th which happened to be my birthday. We had a nice long weekend planned down in Maryland on a lake, but sadly had to leave early because of the horrible storm. Hope you didn't get hit too badly!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your cross stitch is lovely, and what a great idea to do the RSC with appliqué blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Melisa, I have been following along embroidering Frosty McChill and was sitting on dead ready waiting for the last installment. Thanks so much for sharing all your creativity with us! We got a pretty good dusting of snow in Kennesaw, GA the other day.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Hitching Up the Wagons and Heading South...