Blog Archive

Monday, January 10, 2022

Mason Jar Monday

Good Monday morning, ya'll. 

Come on in ! It is warm and toasty inside though there is a plethora of snowmen everywhere. 

My tiered tray by the corner kitchen sink is jam packed with snowmen salt and pepper shakers, snowmen and Smores mugs. 


 You smell that ? The pot is a brewing!

I'm sorry ; it's not anything yummy like cheddar potato soup or white bean chili. You wanna see ? 


Yep! It's fabric brewing. I bet you guessed that. Cookin' up a batch of 14 count aida in a coffee/tea bath. After seeing dear Cheryl's fabric on Instagram , I had to put a batch in the pot.Cheryl had some yummy looking fabrics, and she said she added a dash of vanilla. So I am trying that as well.  Click here to  visit a post where I talk more about my tea/coffee dyeing. 

 I've been taking down my Christmas, but if it is pieces that I can justify leaving out longer I'm keeping those winter pieces out ,  like the Glad Tidings quilt a design by Pam Buda and my barn cookie jars on top of my hoosier.

 

Today is Mason Jar Monday.


 I am working on my mason jar quilt. 


I haven't decided what I am going to name it yet.  I finished the embroidery work on my Snowman Jar. 


This past week I worked on my Birdie Jar.  


Aren't they cute together? Just using shirtings and scraps for this one. I'm not purchasing a bit of fabric.  


 Today I will  start pulling fabric for block 3. I have been doodling . So I have an idea. 


Have you made your weekly plans yet? I love reading the goals or plans of other stitchers. 
OK So let's look at last week's goals

Last week's" To Do List "

✅1. Stitch on Basket design

🇽2. Work on Applique for Tablescrap Challenge

✅3. Applique RSC Chicken block

✅4. Redwork Thursday

✅5. Quilt Winter Wall hanging. 


This  week's To Do List : 
1. Finish basket cross stitch
2. Bind Winter Quilt
3. Mason Jar block
4. Bind Snowman Recipe Quilt
5. Stitch Frosty Farms
6 . Work on Tablescrap Applique quilt.
7. Find lots and lots of quilting and stitching mischief to get into!!!!😀😉😂😂

Last night, I started a new cross stitch- Winter Jar. 


It is going to be a mason jar stitch like  Autumn Jar Pinkeep freebie that I posted in September of last year.


Hmmm! Maybe this snowman has a face only a mother could love.

 I'm still  on the fence about  this guy.

 Well I'm off to stitch and play with fabric . Please do tell,  what are  your plans, my dears?  I would love to be enabled into another project. 😀
Thank you for dropping by. And as always...
Happy quilting and stitching, ya'll
Melisa
I am joining these lovely ladies' link parties. I hope you check them out; they always have so many wonderful projects going on and provide the opportunity for other needle workers to meet.  
Beth at Love Laugh Quilt  for Monday Making
Judy at Small Quilts Doll Quilts for Design Wall Monday
Lynette at What a Hoot!  for BOMs Away Monday
Linda at Texas Quilt Gal for To Do List Tuesday - Tuesday

Everything is better in a mason jar! 
Love the little things in life. 

Hugs and Stitches and Warm Winter Wishes!!!

Dedicated to my sweet sister, Amy who was a jar collector just like me. Some of my best jars were gifts from her. Love ya, Amo. ❤😇








31 comments:

  1. Love your quilt blocks. Can't wait to see the finished result!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Liz. I am enjoying working on them. I hope to applique at least 12 . I may keep going though. Have a wonderful day and happy quilting.

      Delete
  2. Très jolis ces blocs ,bonne continuation

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Monique. It is fun to try to come up with ideas for the little blocks. Have a great day and thank you for the sweet visit.

      Delete
  3. I guessed completely wrong on your “what’s cooking” quiz! I like the idea of a little vanilla added to the mix, as I love the smell of vanilla. Good start on your snowman’s face. He looks fine! All snowmen have faces that have melted slightly and then re-positioned themselves in a colder day. He has a very cute grin. Hugs, Judy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol thank you so much, Judy. I have "cooked " on that fabric for two days trying to get the color that I want. I added a bit of cinnamon too. It smells heavenly. Happy quilting.

      Delete
  4. The mason jar blocks are adorable. I lol’ed when you opened the pot of fabric!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol . Thank you so much, Penny. The house smelled so good with it brewing. I finally hung the fabric out to dry today. Have a wonderful week . Hugs.

      Delete
  5. Your Mason jar blocks are adorable, Melisa! I will be working on Christmas gifts this week although at the end of the week, it will be my complimentary SAL piece. Oh, and the chores since the power has been restored. Have a marvelous Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad that your power has been restored. I hope you do not have too many chores that has built up. Have a wonderful stitching week and I can not wait to see stitches in the future. Hugs.

      Delete
  6. I absolutely adore your personality in your blog. Yes, I did want to see the "soup" in the pot. I tried "painting" with a fabric medium mixed in last year. But you have SO many things going on. Your enthusiasm is catching. And I can't decide if I want to do your mason jars or your cross stitch. Thanks for the comment on time 4 stitchn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Debbie . You are the sweetest and you made my day. I bet it was fun to do some fabric painting. I always like to try something new. I hope you have a fabulous week, my dear. Hugs.

      Delete
  7. The mason jar blocks look wonderful, I look forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, dear. I am enjoying working on them especially trying to come up with new ones. Have a fabulous day. Happy quilting.

      Delete
  8. I am loving the mason jar blocks, the snowman is adorable and I can't wait to see the sheep! I love sheep on anything. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Marsha. I am excited to work on the sheep one too. I am a bit obsessed with sheep myself. Lol. Have a great week and thank you for the sweet visit.

      Delete
  9. Sweet snowman and jars! Cute blocks. And I love your Christmas mugs too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, dear. You are so kind. I am enjoying all of the snowman decor. Have a wonderful day and happy quilting.

      Delete
  10. I am loving your blog and you give us so many ideas and freebies that I've hardly got time to go to work. Love seeing all your snowmen and winter decorations. It's summer in Australia and we are averaging about 35C. Not a snowman in sight hehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning, Veronica. I am so touched by your kind words. You really brightened my day. I have wondered if it ever snows down under. I am still waiting for snow here. Fingers crossed. Lol . Have a beautiful day . Hugs

      Delete
  11. I love the snowman jar; it's adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Sharon. He was such a fun guy to work on. I am looking forward to completing the sheep today . Have a fabulous day and happy quilting.

      Delete
  12. De très jolis blocs hivernaux.
    J'ai teinté un peu mes toiles mais il y a longtemps, mélange de café et de thé mais sans vanille... Maintenant j'achète du lin Edimbourg Country Mocha de Zweigart cela me convient cette couleur marbré. Je fais au plus simple en fait, car j'avoue que mes teintures n'étaient pas formidables. :-)
    Amitiés de France,
    Christel
    http://toilesetfils.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your mason jar snowman and bird and looks like a sheep coming up. Hmm would putting in vanilla give the fabric a vanilla scent. I'd love that.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So many projects! So stinkin' cute! I never would have thought to put vanilla in my fabric stew! What a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just read your post on dying Aida, so interesting! I love the color it turned out. Your tiered tray looks wonderful with your mugs and goodies in it. Such a good way to display and makes me want to get one at Hobby Lobby next time I'm there. I think the snowman you've started is adorable!
    Thank you for linking this to To Do Tuesday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your cross stitch but those mason jars are just singing to me!! I love them! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a fun post with lots to see (I love snowmen!!). I guess fabric brewing is calorie-free at least? LOL. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Did I miss the link to this adorable pattern? LOVE your site

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love these adorable mason jar projects!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oooh, now I want to do the mason jars, too! I have tons of shirtings, and love what you've done so far. One of us has to stop. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

All Is Well That Ends Well Monday