Blog Archive

Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Winter Hutch Tour and a Valentine freebie - "And Love Grows"

 Hello , my dear friends. Please come on in. It is another episode of Country Clutter.  πŸ˜€ Let me forewarn you; there is a lot of clutter and this post is photo heavy!πŸ“·πŸ“Έ 

Today we are looking at my hutch. Hubby built me this hutch about 22 years ago, and I still love it to this day. For January, it was all decked out in snowmen and many thrifted and gifted treasures from my sister. ☃❄⛄ I started out putting some vintage lace and old valances down on the shelves as shelf runners. I chose transferware plates to place on the shelves as well as old ironstone platters.


  Let's start off on the top shelf. In the corner is Hands on Designs "Year in Chalk- January" . I have stitched a couple of these and always mount this on a thrifted plaque.  

On the snowman mug is a freebie by Balades et Broderies par Carmela  and was on her blog. I provided a link to her blog though I had trouble finding this little snowman. She has so much pretty eye candy and fabulous freebies available.  

The gorgeous snowflake stitch was a gift from my dear friend Nancy. 


Her stitching and finishing is always exquisite and equally as beautiful is the birdie pin keep gifted to me by sweet Patience. I treasure these both. 

The little snowballs embroidery is one of mine from years ago. 

 Bottle brush trees and snowmen are scattered throughout. 
Hoppin' on down to the 2nd shelf.  


I did not put a bowl in my vintage juicer this time, but I did prop up my Lizzie Kate Snowy String that a stitched on Rit dyed aqua marine 14 count aida. I finished it on a scrap piece of wood that I painted. I change out my LK strings on this wood.


 In the jadeite bowl is another freebie called  "Baby Snowmen Trio " By Catherine Reurs of Splendid Detail Ltd.. The chart called for just 2 colors ,but I used a number of colors on my snowmen. I then finished it in the shape of a snowman. I placed a little ripped scarf on him from fabric from Walmart . I do not think it is still available or at least I couldn't find it. 


This sweet little snowbaby is called “Christmas Greetings” from Titan Needlecrafts and came as a kit; I purchased it at the Goodwill and finished it in a simple pillow.  The Triology's "Cheer " is in the corner finished on a rough cut piece of wood that hubby shaped into a hornbook shape. I used my own floss colors for it. 


The bottom shelf sports a new snowman cookie jar that made its way all the way from Arkansas .πŸš™πŸ§³ I bought it at the Goodwill last summer while traveling . This is his 1st year out. 

 The "Snowflakes" embroidery , I stitched years ago. 


Next to the cookie jar is Country Cottage Needleworks' "Snowmen Trio.  "

Winter Time" is a cross stitch that I completed in 2011 or 2014 before I tried to keep note of my stitches. It was a freebie. Do you know who the designer is? For the life of me ,I can not remember. πŸ˜•  


Next to it is my Prim Winter which I finished on a Dollar General wooden tag.  


Finally, on my vintage scale, the  little ceramic dish from my dear sis has a trio of bottle brush trees. 


Underneath is a beautifully knitted dish towel gifted to me by my friend Tracey. Of course it hasn't cleaned a dish. lol .It is so pretty - it frolics among my winter, spring and summer displays. πŸ€— 


Well that concludes this episode of Country Clutter.  I am not sure when the next  episode will be , but I sure will keep you posted. Lol.


I would like to leave you with a little Valentine stitch.  



It is called "And Love Grows" .I finished mine into a little dough filler pillow using fabric from my stash and vintage lace gifted to me by dear Pat. 
As I was piecing mine into a pillow, I left too much empty space....
 so I ended up going back and stitching mine and hubby's initials in it.

 
I didn't chart the initials but you could refer back to my Let It Snow Sampler for letters if you would like to do the same, just leave you some room to stitch them
Click here for Instruction page. 


Click here for colored chart. 
NOTE: For some reason the letters appear blue but they are charted and stitched in green, but blue would look so lovely.


Click here for the Black / White chart. 


I am so tickled that you stopped by for a visit today. As always...
Happy Stitching yall, 
Melisa
P.s. Have I told you how awesome you are lately?  You are the butter to my biscuit. Love ya!

There is only one happiness in this life so love and be loved. - George Sand

Hugs and Stitches!!!!
                
Dedicated to my sweet sister, Amy . I treasure all of the memories of our thrifting adventures. Love you. 

21 comments:

  1. I love looking at all your pictures ! Thank you for your freebie. Very kind of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Wednesday, Annelies. Thank you so much for the sweet visit and kind words.I always enjoy decorating my hutch and I am looking forward to changing it over to Valentine's soon. Hope you enjoy the little stitch. Happy stitching.

      Delete
  2. You always have so many lovely things to show us Melisa. It's hard to pick a favourite one! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Christine. You are so kind. I certainly have enjoyed all of my winter stitching this year. I am already dreaming of warmer weather and a change over though. Lol. Have a wonderful rest of the week and happy stitching and quilting.

      Delete
  3. Your 'clutter' is always so pretty and fun to look at! I don't have the patience to change the decorations as often as you do. Love the little Valentine cross stitching, maybe one day I'll give it a try, after I complete all my applique and embroidery projects first though. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you just warm my heart, Gretchen. Thank you so much. I used to not change out my hutch but started a few years ago. I get bored real easy and have to change out the look . You certainly have so many fabulous projects going on; it would be hard to pull away from them. Happy quilting.

      Delete
  4. I have always loved country clutter and yours is so much fun to see!! Thanks for another cute pattern!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much , Penny. It is such a joy to find others who love country clutter. There used to be some of the cutest magazines like Country Collectibles that I used to subscribe too. I always enjoyed that look. Have a happy Wednesday.

      Delete
  5. Melisa, I love your hutch and it is filled with so many fabulous things. Thank you for sharing the up close pictures. What a cute Valentine offering!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Robin. I have enjoyed this winter's hutch theme, but I have to admit I am ready to change over to Valentine's . That might happen today or tomorrow. Lol. Hugs.

      Delete
  6. Another feast for the eyes! I love how the pretty dish cloth "frolics" amongst the treasures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Kathy. I adore little handmade treasures like that. I have been attempting to crochet my own. I say attempting because I do not know what I am doing. Lol. But I'm trying. Happy Wednesday and thank you for the sweet visit.

      Delete
  7. Thank you so much for your hutch tour, Melisa! So many beautiful creations, gifts, and vintage finds! Seeing that little Trilogy Cheer piece reminds me that I need to stitch this one again... I gave one to my youngest son's girlfriend for Christmas one year and then they broke up! New rule--no gifts to girlfriends unless they're engaged--ha ha :) Hope you have a wonderful week ahead and thank you for your newest freebie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Melissa, your hutch is lovely! I always enjoy seeing pics of it. I grabbed the same dinner plate as yours out of the cupboard this afternoon to use as a template. Thank you so much for the sweet Valentine pattern. I'm looking forward to stitching it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your hutch is lovely 😍 in any season! Thank you so much for the pattern πŸ€—πŸ€—

    ReplyDelete
  10. So much goodness to look at. You've done a wonderful job putting it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are a lucky girl, hubby made your hutch and now you have a wonderful place for all of your treasures. I love looking at each picture, I enlarge and them have to look at each and every piece. Sweet memories for sure with your treasures. Sending warm hugs and love from Arizona.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely. Thank you for the pattern. I think I will put Love at the top and leave Grows at the bottom, omitting the And. Or I may leave it as is and put my initials and/or year. Not sure. Hope you're staying warm. I can't seem to stay warm this winter. We at the thermostat where we usually have it. They put in those smart meters for the electricity and gas and I'm wondering if they adjust it somehow without us knowing. I put an electric dog bowl out in the shed for feral kitties and I used to look at the meter to see if it spun like crazy but can't do that now. Got rid of an electric hog birdbath and found one that doesn't use as much by looking at the old meter.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Melisa, your home looks amazing as always. Thanks so much for sharing all your patterns. They are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I look forward to your posts so much! I love taking a peek at all your goodies. Thanks so much for sharing your finishing tips for Frosty. Mine is ready to put together. Thanks again for all the inspiration and your wonderful needlework patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just love all your displays, and your small (doable!) needlework creations. Thanks for sharing, I feel so inspired! Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Chicks and Bunnies Easter Hutch Tour