Blog Archive

Monday, January 24, 2022

Mason Jar Monday and Heart & Home- A Itty Bitty Valentine Freebie

Good morning, sweeties. Welcome. Today is going to be another slow day at home. Well I shouldn't say slow. I have plenty to do. Don't we all? Lol. Let's just say, I am not going anywhere or doing anything super exciting.

 For the last few weeks, Mondays have been Mason Jar Monday's for me. I am working on a scrappy mason jar quilt.  These are my first two blocks. 

Using bits and pieces from the scrap bin.  Last week , I finished my sheep jar.

 Today I hope to work on a new one. I have to draw it out first though. 


Do you enjoy a good mystery? Well Kathleen Tracy of  A Sentimental  Quilter is conducting a mystery quilt along. 

A mystery. Lol. I am all in especially since it is a little quilt. . Fabrics are  cut. 

 And in 2 shakes of a lamb's tail hour glass blocks were made. Eeeh ! I'm looking forward to this week's clues. 

Last night I worked on an itty bitty stitch. For me and itty bitty stitch is anything less than a design size of 30 x 30. 

      

It is called Heart &   Home. I finished it on a little box plaque/ frame that I got at the Dollar Tree.

 

Super quick stitch and  finish. 


I am going to work on another today using the same heart  but filling in the center with another motif.   

If you are interested in this itty bitty stitch, just click on the link below, choose you favorite floss colors and go to town on it. 😀

Click here for the chart. 



Linda at Texas Quilt Gal   is hosting  To Do List Tuesdays ; so I thought I would join in. 

Last  week's To Do List : 
🇽1. Finish basket cross stitch
🇽2. Bind Winter Quilt
☑3. Mason Jar block
☑4. Bind Snowman Recipe Quilt
Progress - 5. Stitch Frosty Farms
☑6 . Work on Tablescrap Applique quilt.
☑7. Find lots and lots of quilting and stitching mischief to get into!!!!😀😉😂😂

This  week's To Do List : 

1.  Work on Kathleen Tracy's Valentine Mystery .
2. Quilt Temecula's Box of Chocolate Quilt. 
3. Work on Basket Cross Stitch. 
4. Work on new salt box cross stitch. 
5. Quilt 15 minutes a day on my Rainbow Sherbet Quilt. 
6. Start new Mason Jar block. 
7. Bind Winter Quilt 





So those the the plans for the day and the week. Have you started to plan out your fun time for the week? If so I would love to hear what your plans are. 
Have a fabulous day and thank you from the bottom of my heart for visiting me. You warm this gals heart.  As always...
Happy quilting and stitching, ya'll, 

Melisa
I am joining these lovely ladies' link parties. I hope you check them out; they always have so many wonderful projects going on and provide the opportunity for other needle workers to meet.  
Beth at Love Laugh Quilt  for Monday Making
Judy at Small Quilts Doll Quilts for Design Wall Monday
Lynette at What a Hoot!  for BOMs Away Monday
Linda at Texas Quilt Gal for To Do List Tuesday - Tuesday

A little progress each day adds up to big results

Hugs and Stitches and Warm Winter Wishes!!!

Dedicated to my sweet sister, Amy who loved collecting mason jars as much as I do. Love ya, Amo. ❤😇

19 comments:

  1. All three jars are fabulous. The little Valentine stitch is cute. Love the last to do on last week's list. That's always a good thing to have on a list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I am always up to getting into some mischief especially if it is stitching related. Thank you so much about my jar blocks, Sue. I am enjoying every minute working on them. Have a fabulous week, dear Sue

      Delete
  2. Another darling freebie! I finished up the last Valentine freebie and posted it on my blog. :)
    My fun for this week is stitching, not the mammogram I have tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Vickie. I just loved seeing your Love you. I am wanting to dye some fabric pink after seeing yours. Have a wonderful day and I will be thinking of you tomorrow. Happy stitching,

      Delete
  3. Cute!!! Those mason jars are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Penny. I am hoping to applique at least 5 and then frame them in some how. I haven't figured that part out yet. Lol. Happy stitching .

      Delete
  4. Very cute! I'd love to visit you and just meandering your home taking in all the handwork! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Gretchen. I wish you could come right on over with some quilting . We would sit, quilt, chat and have a grand ole' time. Have a fabulous week and happy quilting.

      Delete
  5. Your mason jar blocks are so cute! I enjoy seeing them every week. And a cute cross-stitch design, too - you're making me want to try that craft again - I haven't done it in many years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Diann. I am really enjoying working on the mason jars. Sorta flying by the seat of my pants with this project, but loving every minute of it. Oh I wish you would give cross stitch a try again. Lol but it becomes addictive too. Happy quilting.

      Delete
  6. Your Jar blocks look great, Melisa! Thank you for the Heart & Home piece! It is darling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Robin. I am looking forward on working on a new block. I stitched the Heart & Home in about an house - really less. It was a fun one. Have a great week. Hugs.

      Delete
  7. The jar blocks are so cute, I love the little sheep one. Thanks for the tiny stitch, it is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah you are so welcome, Marsha and thank you. The sheep one is my favorite too. I have a thing for sheep. Lol. Have a great week.

      Delete
    2. Melisa, your Mason Jar Quilt is going to be a cutie!! You keep me so busy trying to figure out what to do next, I need another 8 hours a day to finish up my goals. I love it, however, keep it up. So many good ideas in the pretty little head of yours. Sending many warm hugs to you from Arizona.

      Delete
  8. Love all those scrappy mason jars!!! So cute and clever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh! These jars are so cute! I particularly love the sheep!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such fun mason jar blocks!
    I'm doing the mini mystery too of course :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your jars, especially the little sheep jar! That Heart & Home is going to look fantastic on the little box frame.
    I'm so glad you linked up with To Do Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Chasing Butterflies