Blog Archive

Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Happy February and a Valentine Buffet Tour

 Can you believe it ? It is the first of February ! How did that happen?  January flew right by . 

      

Welcome,  my friends and Happy Tuesday.  I have been missing in action on social media these last few days. I have been busy  with birthday celebrations, enjoying grandbaby time  and hustling and bustling around the house. I have got to get my house in some type of order. 

Yesterday I worked on my buffet. You know me it is crammed full. So I guess this is another episode of Country Clutter. 😃


All of the winter pieces were taken off the buffet and put in their bins. 

Bye Bye sweet winter pieces . I'll see you in a few months.

 Then I roamed around the house almost aimlessly searching out all of the places that I had stashed the Valentine stitches. Then off to work I went. 

The vintage scales  was my Great Aunt's . 

She was a post mistress , and she always displayed them on this buffet after she inherited it. Last year I started displaying plates in it.  

 Below the scales is Waxing Moon Designs Valentine Trio. I stitched it a couple of years ago.


 I hope to stitch all of the trios and switch them out and use this frame.  
In white ironstone platter is Dorothy Mae's Spring House
This is named after my Great Aunt . Her favorite color was pink, and she lived not too far from a natural spring. Many of the family members as children would go down to the spring to drink the fresh water coming out of the cave . 

Next to it is Luv Ewe another one of my freebies from last year. 
The little strawberry is a Blackbird Designs  stitch called Emily's Strawberry. 
Two small trifles which were  freebies are nearby . They are May Basket Trifle  and Love Trifle 


 On the Dollar General easel stand is my Cupid Stamp which was a freebie last year. 
 I use the same easel stand for various little stamps throughout the seasons.  

The small tobacco basket was a gift from my dear friend Shelly . I was so touched by this sweet gift because I grew up on a tobacco farm. I can not tell you how many plants I have planted over the years. Lol. 
 It is a Christmas ornament , but I have been using it after Christmas to tuck stitches in.

 For Valentines', Lizzie Kate's Be My Valentine is nestled in it. It is a freebie on her website. 
   
Beside it is another Lizzie Kate stitch called  Snippet- Be Mine Valentine. 

I finished it with a ruffle from my daughter's pants when she was about 3 years old.  I then glued a popsickle stick to the back and tied it to an old rusty bedspring that I had painted white. I love it!!.


 
I do need to wrap the popsickle stick in pink fabric though. 

In the background is Country Cottage Needleworks "Lovely Home". 

I stitched it years ago. I still have not figured out what I want to mount it on. 

 I have lots of milk glass on my buffet . Most of it is hid behind stitched pieces Lol. 

Near a couple of compote bowls is "And Love Grows" one of my freebies.

 On the large milk glass compote bowl. I have placed a plate on top and nestled 3 other milk glasses pieces in it. 

My Heart & Keys freebie is nestled among the milk glass, a sweet cardinal and birdhouse ornament. 


On the other side of the buffet is a freebie called Hugs and Kisses by Charland Designs and can be found at the Silver Needle's website.  

On the Dollar Tree plaque is my freebie Heart & Home.

 Below it is  " Love You " another one  of my quick freebies. 

With My Needle and Threads' February Word Play rounds out the stitching on my buffet.


 I know that I will be  moving pieces around because I have more stitching to finish. But that is how the buffet is looking for now. 
Thank you so much for the sweet February visit , my dears. Hope you are enjoying some stitching today. 
As always...
Happy stitching, ya'll
Melisa
P.S. Did you see it? The next little saltbox that I hope to post this week. I can not wait to give you a closer look. 👀
❤Wishing you a month of peace, joy and immense love.❤💗 
In February there is everything to hope for and nothing to regret. 
Hugs and Stitches!!!

Dedicated to my dear sister, Amy. Miss you. 





15 comments:

  1. As a February girl, I love all your Valentine stuff, Melisa, specially the houses and salt boxes ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! My daughter and I used to spend time making homemade valentines for her to hand out in school. It would have been less expensive to buy them but where's the fun in that? Happy decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness Melisa, I LOVE this! And thank you for the link to The Silver Needle. Those are some cute freebies. :) Have a beautiful day my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melisa, your buffet looks fabulous with all the reds, pinks, and hearts. Thank you for sharing the link to the Silver Needle website's freebies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melissa, your hutch is beautiful! The scales are fabulous. Thank you for sharing it's history. Is the quilt in the background one if yours? It's gorgeous and a perfect backdrop. I'm stitching And Love Grows and enjoying every stitch. Your new design is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. YES!!! I saw the SaltBox and love love love it!! Your buffet looks beautiful! The Waxing Moon Valentines designs are lovely. I’ll have to check to make sure I have that trio to stitch! Thanks for your wonderful generosity. The SaltBox Houses are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy February sweet Melisa, a little vacation from social media for grandchildren, no problem at all!!! Looking forward to a new Saltbox House to stitch and/or add to my lengthening desire list. Love your hutch and the scales are very nice piece of nostalgia. I love to hear what is going on in your world. Hugs and love from Arizona

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, your Great Aunt had excellent taste, with her favourite colour being pink. =) How gorgeous all your pink pretties look gathered together on your Great Aunt's buffett. Everything is all just too delicious! I am very sad that January sped by. Love, love, love the month of January and all its happy warmth. Your little "Love You" stitchery is pretty. Perfect for the Month of Love♡

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your buffet is filled with all kinds of lovlies, beautiful memories and love. How cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So nice to see all your Valentine pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful setting! Love seeing the winter change to pink and reds for February.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh My Goodness ~ So many lovelies. This is just the boot I needed to pull a Valentine out to stitch on my Non-Truck days. Definitely need to stitch up that LHN house...it would be sew sweet all year long !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Not only enjoyed my visit gazing at all the beauties, but love reading your stories!! I've got lots to get caught up on. Have a super day!! xoxo Linda P

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loved seeing your beautiful pink and red Valentine's stitching and display, Melisa! Those vintage scales are so special, too. So many nice memories and fun stories. Happy February, my friend ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks Melissa for all of your patterns that you willingly share with us. Also for giving us names of things you have stitched from other places. You are a blessing to us all.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

All Is Well That Ends Well Monday