Blog Archive

Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Nuclear Meltdown ,Prim Winter Blessings Home, and Love you!

 Good morning, my dears. Happy happy Tuesday. 

Oh,  let me tell you a story! It's a mystery/ tall tale

 I about had a nuclear meltdown last night.  Can you believe it ?  I sure did. What happened you ask? 

Well last week I had intended to fully finish a cross stitch piece called Prim Winter Blessings Home that I had just finished. I "remembered" that I took it into the sewing room to audition some frames. I never did finish it .   

So last night,  I happily went to the sewing room to finish my piece. I looked ,and I looked.👀👀

 Prim Winter Blessings Home was gone!!!!  

I shuffled through fabrics - No Winter Blessings! I shuffled through the fabrics again!!! No Winter Blessing !!! Yikes !! I was on the verge of panic. Then fabrics began to fly through the air. Where could it be?

         

 I ran to my stitchy spot in the living room and frantically went through my project bags and boxes. No Winter Blessings! 

 A flash went through my head -  "Oh no ", I told myself , "This is 2018 Lizzie Kate Summer Smalls  all over again. "  What is 2018 LK Summer Smalls you ask. Well that is an ongoing case . I stitched LK Summer smalls , fully finished it, and then it mysteriously  disappeared.🔍- a total mystery.  I filed a  MCSR  , a Missing Cross Stitch Report, and it is still under investigation to this very  day👮🚓 😄. In fact if you drive through my neighborhood you might see a billboard for the missing cross stitch. 😀😂

Any whooo! Winter Blessings was gone. So I ran downstairs in tears on a verge of a nuclear meltdown. Mr. Pinker asked what was wrong . Tearfully, I wailed,  "Its' gone; its just plain gone"! 

Mr Pinker  reassured me and said that he would help look. As we went upstairs, he asked what does it look like. Being one great for detail, I replied, "Well , its on cross stitch fabric and has a house on it" . 

 Though I was not facing him, the eyes in the back of my head saw his eyes roll and he replied "Hmmm that narrows it down a bit". Lol.( Ya'll know my "house cross stitch obsession." ) 

I went to the couch and plopped down . I slowly shuffled through my floss box resigned that a burglar  had to have broke in and in awe of its beauty,  snatched my Prim Winter Blessings Home . What other rational explanation could there be ???? 


 As I was about to make a call to the appropriate authorities, all of a sudden Mr. Pinker opened up my project box and right on top was "Prim Winter Blessings  Home "smiling brightly at him. I swear I went through those bags and boxes 250 times. Lol. 

So to make a long story short my nuclear meltdown was averted.   But now the question is - How did it get in the project box? Hmmm.  🔎 😁😀  The mystery continues. Lol. 

So you can see that I did fully finish Prim Winter Blessings Home . Thankfully , I had the perfect size frame for it so it was a quick finish.   I hope to create a Spring version  in the future.

If you are interested in stitching  this piece, click on the links below.  But let me forewarn you, if you do stitch it. You may have a cross stitch burglar come to your house 😀😏😜

Many of you know , but I always like to leave this little disclaimer.  

I stitch my little designs for fun and to decorate my home. I feel very blessed by this community and love sharing my little charts, but I am not a professional designer. And I do not have professional software. Thank you for understanding that I  have to put each page on separate links because of the devices I use. I apologize for that.  These are images of the chart and not downloads.  And I am always grateful for your kind encouragement , your visits, and stitching my little designs. 

Click here for Instruction page.


Click here for Colored Chart. 

Click here for Black and White Chart. 


I am getting into Valentines stitching. 


"Love You!" is a quick simple stitch . I stitched it in just 45 minutes . Just choose your favorite floss color, and you can go to town on this one and have it completed in two blinks of an eye.  This is a dough bowl filler kinda stitch. 

Click here for the chart. 

I am so delighted you stopped by for a visit, and thank you for listening to my silly meltdown. I knew ya'll would understand- kindred spirits you know.  I hope you have a beautiful day ,my friends and as always... 

Happy stitching, ya'll

Melisa

Every time you find humor in a difficult situation you win!

"Keep your humor , my friend, if you don't have a sense of humor it isn't funny anymore" - Wavy Gravy

Hugs and Stitches!!!

Dedicated to my sister , Amy. Love ya! 












21 comments:

  1. Oh dear, I could feel your panic as you looked everywhere for your house piece. If you are anything like me, you would have been back checking those very same places several times more, just in case! Thank goodness your hubby helped with fresh eyes, and you dont have to worry about that cross stitch burglar any more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That happens to me too! I find things in the strangest places! Love Winter Blessings - perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy! Glad to know I am not the only one who has someone come in and move where things are so they go missing! Loved reading your saga - especially seeing those eyes roll through the back of your head! A good chuckle first thing in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate that feeling when you are desperate to find something and can’t relax until you do. I am glad you found it. That was nice of your husband to help look! Thanks for the cute pattern. Do you mind sharing where you got the pattern for the Cardinal that is next to it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never mind my question. I saw your other post with the details. It’s a pattern from Little House Needleworks, Season’s Greetings.

      Delete
  5. So glad it turned up! I love the reaction you got from your DH when you described the missing piece having a house on it. Thank for your freebies you share with us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great story!! I will be on the lookout for the Lizzie Kate stitches. Maybe they have made their way up to Missouri! I love Winter Blessings, I am getting ready to stitch the little winter saltbox with the snowman today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That same burglar visits my home too. Besides hiding/switching my my projects, he puts the salt shaker in the fridge and crackers in the freezer! Fortunately he has left the ice cream in the freezer alone. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It’s beautiful and I love the story!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Melisa, I am glad Mr. Pinker found your piece. It is darling. Thanks for sharing it and the adorable Valentine!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Isn't that the most frustrating feeling, Melisa? You KNOW it's somewhere in your home, but you just can't locate it! So glad it was found as it is a lovely design and looks perfect in the white rustic frame. Thank you for both of your sweet charts today ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi,
    Great projects to work on, really like your Mason Jar series.
    I lost an embroidery project and to this day haven't found
    it anywhere. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I feel you panic. You describe it perferctly. I have managed to do the same thing multiple times and my DH has never been able to find what I am missing in my house. So you have a great guy. Happy Stitching

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for the patterns. I appreciate the time you put into making these available to us.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Quelle histoire cette disparition ! :-)
    Merci de nous gâter avec ce joli modèle.
    Amitiés de France,
    Christel
    http://toilesetfils.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. This was funny! We've all been there!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I do love this blog post! I sat here and laughed throughout, knowing you'd find it - because we've all been there, panicking. Especially if it was a gift.
    Glad you found it! Thanks for sharing.
    Blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have just started following your posts. I love it! Thank you for your funny stories and free patterns. Im 70 years old and have just started cross stitching after at least a 30 year hiatus. I forgot how much fun it was!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I misplace stuff often Melissa. So glad your sweet husband found it. ;) Thank you for your wonderful patterns. I can't wait to stitch up that quick Valentine.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a tale! Yes, humor makes everything survivable.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

All Is Well That Ends Well Monday