Blog Archive

Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Witch Apothecary Halloween Hutch Tour

Happy Halloween, sweet friends. Are you getting ready for  a visit from  spooks, goblins  and witches?  I sure am. I plan to have a grand total of 4 -  grandsons and nephews. Hmm I wonder what they will be?  I am sure they will be quite frightening. Lol. 👻🎃

Please grab yourself  a mug of Halloween brew and a sweet treat-   Peanut Butter Cornflake Bars are on the dessert menu today and they are Mmmm Mmmm good! 

 

In celebration of this spooky day, I thought I would share the Witches Apothecary Hutch tour. Hmm, I think I crammed every inch with spooky goodness.  You know me and country clutter- the more the better for this ole' gal! 😀❤ It's just my style. 🤗


The old Coca Cola crates and Campbells tin still remain on the top of my hutch. They always stay in place, but I did add a Dollar Tree sign and pumpkin. 


A little Dollar Tree leaf garland helps soften the edges of the top of the hutch and on the 1st shelf is loads of witchy stitches.  


One of my favorite is " Harvest Blessings" by Joyce Reed ,and it can be found in the 2019 Fall issue of "Punch Needle and Primitive Stitcher Magazine" I finished it on an old clock base.  


Hazel Ewe, a sweet witch, is enjoying  her day in her witches' cap. Above her is a deadly potion. Oh , please do not drink that; I am certain it would ruin your day.😫 

Broomhilda is leading a Halloween Parade. I always enjoy a parade. Don't you? 


In the corner  are  a couple of Halloween potion book boxes that were from the Dollar Tree, not only are they cute but great for storage.  On top of the Witches Guide book is "Surrender the Treats "  which was a freebie from Hands on Design(. Information on  it can be found on Cathy's Instagram.  )   . 

Pumpkins were added to the little egg basket hanging from the side of the hutch. 


Let's shimmy on down to the 2nd shelf , shall we?


Annie and the gang are stirring up some trouble in Jacks , Cats, and Chickens.  I finished this stitch on a little wooden box which is now turned on its side. 

Next to Annie is Little Bits Tricks. Isn't that witch the cutest?  Behind Tricks is Pumpkin Head a freebie from Donna at By the Bay Needleart which she posted on her blog on Oct . 17, 2014.   
I just adore Buttons Black from Plum Street Samplers.  I stitched it years ago and added textured ribbon and spiders to the frame. 


In the opposite corner is witches galore including a ceramic witch gifted to me by my daughter. 


The  sweet witch with a jack in hand is called  Spirits and Spells from With Thy Needle.  It is finished on an old tin tray.  My vintage Halloween candle which has been in storage for many years was begging to come out so I obliged and put it next to my stitch. 



The bottom shelf is filled to the brim as well. 



"Treat Delivery " is one of my stitches that I worked on in 2020, but just recently finished; it has all of my favorite Halloween things- a black cat, bat, and a Jack with treats. 


Look at this adorable crocheted pumpkin sent to me by dear Barbara !!! Oh my it is too cute !!!! Behind it is a Homespun Elegance piece called "Oh to Be A Witch" .  My daughter gifted me the precious  black  cat. I think it was from Walmart's 2023 Halloween decor. 


The vintage is scale is filled with witchy cuteness as well. 


On top of the scale  is 2 bowls and vintage doilies. The sweet Halloween berries were also gifts from dear Barbara. Thank you so much ,sweet friend. These gifts just make my day every time I look at them.  Behind the sweet berries, is a vintage Halloween image that I printed and framed.  Smell My Feet Halloween Stamp will probably be a freebie next year if I don't forget . Lol. 


Well y'all that  is it!!!! A hutch filled with witchy goodness! 



If you would like to see previous year's Halloween displays just click the colored links. I use a lot of the the same things but just change them around. 



As soon as my four goblins leave for their trick or treat adventures, all of the witchy decor is flying off the hutch and back into the attic ( Well except for the stitches ; they have totes to fly into). And guess what is going to be marching proudly down the attic steps-  Turkeys!!!! I better get ready for my feathery friends! Thank you for dropping by for a visit and have a safe and wonderful Halloween. 


Happy  Stitching and Quilting, y'all

Melisa

Thank you for the sweet visit. 

Wishing you a happy Halloween that is as sweet as the candy you collect! 

Hugs and Stitches!!!!  And sweet Candy Corn Wishes! 🤗🧵❤

Dedicated to my baby sister, Amy who loved Halloween and all its fun.  Love and miss you, Amo  

































14 comments:

  1. Loved the tour of your sweet witches. Always fun to see your displays of all your pretties. Can’t wait to see your Turkey display. You always amaze me. Enjoy your evening. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Halloween, dear Patti. I hope you have had a super day. Thank you so much for the kind words on my witch display. I enjoyed pulling all of the pieces together. Hugs.

      Delete
  2. What a fun bit of "spooky" you have in your hutch for Halloween! Loved your tour!--TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaah thank you so much , dear Terry. I believe this is the 1st time I have decorated with mostly witches. I hope you had a wonderful Halloween.

      Delete
  3. Amazing!!! Love everything, Melisa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Darlene. I enjoyed all of the witchy decor for the month. My witch collection is slowly growing. Lol. Have a blessed day. Hugs.

      Delete
  4. Wonderful collection for Halloween. It amazes me how much you have for EVERY possible reason to decorate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so  much, Susan; you are the sweetest. I have been a collector all of my life ; I think I got bit by the collecting and thrifting bug after both of my grandmothers. LOL. Have a blessed day. Hugs. 

      Delete
  5. Thank you for the tour! You have some fun and spooky stuff to show off for the holiday. Hope your Halloween was just right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Kate. We just had the grandchildren for Halloween; otherwise pretty quiet here. I hope your Halloween was nice as well. Happy November.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Aaah you are so kind, Brenda. Thank you so much. I enjoyed the spooky decor for the holiday. Happy November.

      Delete
  7. I realized this morning that I hadn't gotten a post from you in a LOOOONG time and went looking. I re-subscribed. Crazy! Your hutch is so much Halloween fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure why "Follow It " does that. I have been knocked off blog lists before too and have had to resubscribe. I am so grateful that you popped in and resubscribed. Thank you so much, dear Ginny. Hugs.

      Delete

Popular Posts

What To Do Tuesday