Blog Archive

Tuesday, January 24, 2023

Winter on the Farm- Snowman Hutch Tour

Good afternoon, ya'll.  Put on your toboggan and grab you a cup of hot  cocoa for today is another episode of Pinker n' Punkins Country Clutter  a - Winter  episode. 😀

My hutch is overflowing with snowmen and stitching and the theme is "Winter on the Farm."   Every nook and cranny is filled to the brim  with stitchy goodness and  farm yard pickins' .

 You wanta take a peek. 


The top of  my hutch never changes. I have 2 Coca Cola wooden crates and a Campbells Soup tin where I store seasonal plates.  The bottom of my hutch is where I store my Christmas plates. 


The The top shelf is filled with stitching and embroidery. 


I embroidered the little "Winter's Clothing" years ago and mounted it on foam board. The backing fabric is an old sweater as is the bow. I then mounted it on a Dollar Tree tin tray.  

The 123 Snow embroidery was an attempt to use up scraps of fabric. It is even stuffed with wee bits of fabric that was too small to include in a quilt.  I just placed it into an old jello mold.

 Beside it is A Christmas Flock- Barnyard Christmas  which did not look too Christmassy so it stayed out . 


 I pulled out an old wooden sled that I had bought unpainted from Walmart over 20 years ago and painted it yellow and black. On top of it  is a free stitch called "Winter "by  Balades et broderies par Camela . It is  available on her blog in the Jan. 20, 2013 post. I finished it on a Dollar Tree large wooden unfinished tag that I painted with chalkboard paint. 

I was able to squeeze in a chicken salt shaker and a wooden barn onto that little sled. 


 In the corner is Hands on Designs "Year in Chalk- January" .


A blizzard of snowmen had arrived on the 2nd shelf as well.  Whooa! That's a lot of stuff - isn't it? And I know it is not for everyone, but oh, how it makes my heart sing. 


Do you remember the large popcorn bowl that I bought on a recent thrift haul. Well. I turned it backwards and added a crocheted dish cloth gifted to me from dear Patricia. I then stuffed  in my large ceramic chicken that I bought on the World's Longest Yard Sale last August.  The bowl has a Pioneer Woman creamer in it , a Dollar General sign and the cutest corn cob snowman. I do need to make some more of them come summer time when I can easily get a lot of corn cobs. 



The corn cob snowman has cloves for eyes and mouth. 

Country Cottage Needleworks' "Snowmen Trio.  "is next to the soft stuffed snowman on a sled. Behind ole Snowman Softie is Frosty Stamp which I finished on a Dollar General easel frame a couple of years ago. 


The "Got Snow" embroidery pin pillow is stuffed in an old mason jar lid and next to it is my vintage juicer. I did not add a bowl to it this year, I just placed WINTER HAUL  on the juicer  along with a bottle brush tree. The little salt and pepper shakers scattered throughout stay on my hutch year round for they were gifts from my dear sis. 


Now here we go slip sliding down to the bottom shelf. 



Snowflake Sledding and Chickens  which was finished on thrifted wooden box sits in the corner along with a family of prom snowmen.  On top is a creamer with a chicken and a darling snowflake snowman gifted to me from dear Robin. 


 Prim Winter which I finished on a Dollar General wooden tag is hanging from the old enamelware tea kettle that I bought on the thrifting trip that I shared with you last month.  I added a little doiley and plopped a snowman inside the kettle with the promise to him that I would not bring him to a boil ⛄🤣.   I think he looks quite content. Don't you?

I am in love with Notforgotten Farms' Snow Pants. This design was gifted to me last year from dear Patrica. He certainly makes me smile. 


My vintage scale is topped with bowls overflowing with  eggs , rag snowballs  made from a shirt and bits of greenery.  In the cow creamer is a wee quilt made from a recent quick stitch called LET IT SNOW


Finally,  a small quilt is draped off the edge of the hutch. 


Are your eyes crossed? 😁😜🤪 Lol That was a whole lot to take in in a small space wasn't it? But I do have to say that I have enjoyed my winter hutch theme this year. 
 Soon all of this will be coming down and Valentines will be going up.


I appreciate ya'll taking the time to stop by for a visit .   The weatherman says there is a slight chance of snow on Thursday. Fingers crossed that we might see a flake or two. Have a wonderful evening, yall and...

As always...


Happy quilting and stitching, ya'll

Melisa

SNOW DAY- A day when no farms are closed and farmers and ranchers work through cold winds and heavy snow to tend to their land and livestock. 

Hugs and Stitches and Warm Winter Wishes !!!🤗❤🧵

Dedicated to my dear sister, Amy   . Love and miss you., Amo ❤❤

Ya'll come back now, ya hear ! 


19 comments:

  1. So pretty! I'd enjoy just browsing your cupboard and looking! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much Gretchen. I have really enjoyed the winter snowmen this season.

      Delete
  2. Your Winter hutch is so fun! Absolutely love the corncob snowman! He makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Ginny. I had him packed away and he has not seen the light of day for years. He was a welcome friend to pull out of the bin.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for the snowman tour Melisa! All so darling. I love the corn cob snowman too, such a fun guy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Astrid. I have had the corn cob snowman for many years . To be honest I had forgot about him until I pulled him out of the totes. Have a wonderful evening.

      Delete
  4. I love your hutch tours! I love how good you are at layering everything to fit so nicely. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Jessica for the sweetest compliment. I have been collecting for many years and I do enjoy looking at the items especially homemade and gifted pieces for they bring back so many fond memories of family. Hubby jokes with me that I will not allow a space be bare. Lol.

      Delete
  5. Your snowmen and winter decorations are cute as can be, Melisa! Fun tour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Diann. I did not realize that I had so many snowmen until hubby pulled out 4 totes from the garage . Some of them I have not seen for years so I piled my hutch full. Lol.

      Delete
  6. I have to come back and take a 2nd, 3rd, 4th look at your Snowman Hutch! Every time I look at your decorating, Melisa, I see something I would like to make. If only there was time. I guess I'll just have to MAKE time to MAKE some fun-things! Thanks for a peak into your treasures.
    Smiling as I write this...Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaaah thank you so much, Kris. I am so very honored and your sweetness certainly brings a smile to my night. I so appreciate your kind words. You sound just like me in that you enjoy handmade and homemade items. I do hope you find time to enjoy making all that your heart desires and again I feel very blessed by your kind words. Happy stitching.

      Delete
  7. Oh, Melisa what a wonderful display of All Things Winter! Everything is so cute, adorable, sweet, pretty, etc. Thank you for sharing. I, too, will need to come back and take a closer look. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, dear Darlene. I could hardly resist displaying these little snowmen and winter pieces when I pulled them out of the totes. Some of them have been in storage for years. Have a wonderful day. Hugs.

      Delete
  8. Loved your snowmen/winter hutch tour, Melisa! So darling and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My goodness Melisa! I love them all but especially your little white stitches - 123 snow! And Got Snow! I also love all your quilts ….. and want to make everything …. Impossible of course. Do you mind if I ask what size are the squares on that little quilt - are they 2 1/2”? I keep meaning to make a tiny quilt, and still have my “Let it snow” to finish, but it’s fun imagining that I might finish something ….. one day! 😂
    Hugs, Barbara xx (The Flashing Scissors)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's nice to see so many different details!
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your winter hutch is so cute! I'm doing a whole year of winter stitching, maybe I can catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, Melisa. The link to your recent cross-stitch " winter quilt and winter is not working. We love your work!!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Chicks and Bunnies Easter Hutch Tour