Blog Archive

Friday, March 3, 2023

Cabbages, Leprechauns and Shamrocks - St.Patrick's Hutch Tour

It's rather a blustery day!  Good afternoon, ya'll. The rain has been coming down in sheets. Thankfully, school was out today due to the impending weather.   


Cabbage , leprechauns and sharmrocks!!!! 
The hutch is all decked out in greens and St. Patricks's Day Country Clutter.   I just have a wee collection of items, but I certainly have crammed every nook and cranny on these shelves. ☘☘


Lots of stitching and most of them are freebies that I have stitched over the years. 


I layered white ironstone plates, vintage green transferware and some shamrock plates in the background, and then I got busy pulling out the fun stuff. I always have to add my few pieces of ceramic cabbages. 
 
On the top shelf is the darling cabbage tea pot that I showed you in a previous thrift haul. 
 Why hello there,  "Erin Ewe".  Erin is sitting in her Irish cap with sprigs of shamrocks tucked in beside her. Is she not a doll?    

Beside her is a freebie from Notforgotten Farms called "Shamrock Basket" . It was one of my 2022 St. Patty's Day favorite stitches. 

 Behind the stitches is an old Tandrotine paint thinner bottle. I just love the colors and graphics. It is a treasure of my dear sister who loved to collect old bottles and vintage items like I do. 


Years ago I found the cabbage tureen at the Goodwill. I always keep my eyes peeled for such pieces. Beside it is "March - A Year in Chalk" by Hands on Design.  Below it is a little sampler called  Shamrock Blessings . I stitched it last year. 

 
Let's shimmy on down to the 2nd shelf. Ooooh more cabbage pieces including a plate, a salt shaker and a small tureen.  Can you tell I am cabbage crazy? 


Gotta have a leprechaun !  Lucky Stamp   is finished in the corner and is displayed on a Dollar General frame easel. 


"Shamrock Quilt Block" which I shared on Tuesday is front and center. It is finished on a Dollar Tree chalkboard.   

Does that leprechaun figurine not bring a smile? He is cute as a green button!!!  And whenever you are "Puttin on the Green" you have to have a John Deere tractor.  Lucky the Leprechaun has a small one right below his feet for his riding pleasure. ☘😄
 

"March Squared" is a freebie by Linda Stolz of Erica Michaels ,and it is on Rainbow Gallery website in the 2003 Cross Stitcher's Surprise series. I just tucked it into a Dollar Tree bowl that is sitting on my vintage juicer. 


Oh goodness! The third shelf is just as full as the 1st two. 


My favorite gal is hard at work . You know her - Annie and the gang in   Shamrocks, Gold and Chickens  which was finished on a wooden box that I bought at the thrift store. Right now I have it turned on its side  and a vintage bowl is on top filled with a wool pillow with my grandson's handprint on it , a green doily and a shamrock ponytail holder which is spraying out the sides. 


Two years ago Mr. Pinker bought me this little green truck wax warmer. I do not use it for that. I just hide the cord and usually display it somewhere.  In the back of the truck is "Got Luck" a 2011 freebie from Plum Street Sampler.  The little sheep on the cauliflower creamer is from the Dollar General in the Fairy Garden section . That darling was only a $1.00.

 The wool shamrock mug rug is a free design from Shabby Fabrics. You can see a glimpse of it below the green truck. 

Did you notice the little rooster and goose next to my stitch? Those are from my Christmas tree village. They are too cute to pack away until Christmas. 

 During the winter, Dollar General had their fairy garden items on clearance and I was over the moon to get the lighted fairy house for a dollar as well, but I am calling it a leprechaun's house. 


 On the old scale is a bowl from my sis with two freebies in it. "Kiss Me" was a freebie by Nancy Bandzuch and is available on her blog Catholic Sprouts .  "You are My Lucky Charm"  is one of my freebies that I stitched up in two shakes of a lamb's tail . Yep it was that quick. 


Alrighty ya'll,  that is my country clutter of a hutch for St. Patricks' Day. I won't lie . I have been eyeing as to whether I could squeeze one more St. Patrick's Day piece on there, but I haven't found an inch of space yet. 😀, but I will. Lol. Thank you for the sweet afternoon visit , and. ...

As always,

Happy Stitching and Quilting, ya'll

Melisa

Never iron  four leaf clover ; you do not want to press your luck. 

Hugs and Stitches!!! 🤗🧵


Dedicated to my dear baby sister, Amy . Lots of treasures she has gifted me is on these shelves. Love and miss you, Amo. 


 

38 comments:

  1. The different cabbage pieces are so special and so appropriate for St. Patrick's Day! The little cottage is perfect for a little leprechaun. Your "clutter" for each holiday is so festive and fun! You never fail to make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah I am so touched, Ginny; thank you so very much, . It is always a joy when I find a "cabbage treasure" to add to my collection though it has taken me years to get what little I have. Hugs

      Delete
  2. Melisa, I am absolutly in love with your green dishes and cabbages!!! Your St Patrick's Day clutter is so cute and being Irish on my mama's side, I love each and every treasure that you have chosen. I have my mom's Trivet that proudly states "It's great to be Irish", it has never been used as a trivet but has hung on my mom's kitchen wall and now hangs on mine year round! It is well over 50 years old!! Not enough space to write all of my special favorites, just know that it has taken me over a hour to enlarge and look at each and every picture that you shared with all of us. Warmest of hugs from(finally) sunny Arizona.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaah Mary. I am so happy that I brought fond memories back to you and what a treasure to have your mom's trivet. I bet it warms your heart each time you look at it. I wouldn't be able to use it as a trivet as well. I have my Granny's trivet which she used but I hang it proudly in my kitchen so I can enjoy and remember her good ole' country cookin. I hope you have a wonderful week. Hugs and blessings.

      Delete
  3. It's xstichd (Bee) - I just love your hutch tours, Melisa! All the greens are so refreshing after Winter. I especially love the little wool pillow with the handprint from your grandson, it's adorable and a treasure! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Bee. I am so touched and thrilled that you commented on my blog. I hope you had a very lovely weekend. Thank you so much about my hutch. The greens certainly get me in the mood for spring. It has been warm this week so fingers crossed it will continue. I treasure my grandson's little handprint. I made several little holiday pillows with his handprint on it. It makes me smile each time. Hugs.

      Delete
  4. Wonderful St. Paddy's Day decor! I'll be missin' me own dear leprechaun and his wonderful corned beef and potatoes this year. No one could make it like he could. He had cabbage, too, but I'll be missing that forever, because it's off the list of edibles. =P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaah, dear Susan . I can tell your love and longing for your dear hubby in your words. I hope you find a special way to celebrate St. Patrick's Day and to remember ya'll time together. Maybe something new and different to eat. Hugs.

      Delete
  5. Your country cupboard is adorable, Melisa! I could admire all the details all day long!!! Thanks for all the explanation of detail. I especially love the shamrock blessings bowl pillow!!! Now, about that weather, they closed school due to rain???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much Nancy. I had a lot of fun decorating the hutch. It was fun to pull out some of the pieces that I have not seen in a year. I was surprised school was closed, but they do not take chances if there is severe weather here ( I think they were using up a snow day too lol ) . It ended up we had high winds that took out electricity and utilities here. So I guess it was a blessing they closed before all of it really hit. Have a fabulous week . Hugs

      Delete
  6. Melisa, I enjoyed your St. Patrick's/Green hutch tour. Seeing some of your stitches reminded me about several I want to stitch one of these days although won't be any time soon. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Robin. I like to add a couple of new St. Patrick's Day stitches each year. I am so glad that you found many to add to your stitch list in the future. Hugs.

      Delete
  7. Your decoration with the work for Saint Patrick looks great!!!
    I really like the details of the Leprechaun!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Isabel. I have really been enjoying all of the greens. I love the little leprechaun he makes me smile. Have a wonderful week. Hugs.

      Delete
  8. Love the cabbage dishes, reminds me of my mom she had some. Thank you again--now need to go find green floss and sit this windy Saturday and make some St. Pats stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah I am so glad my little hutch tour reminded you of your mom and her dishes. I rarely see cabbage pieces at the Goodwill, but when I do , I try to grab them if they are cheap. It was a very windy weekend here too. I hope you didn't get blown away and were able to enjoy some stitching. Thank you for the sweet visit, Suzie. Hugs.

      Delete
  9. Love your hutch!
    Visiting DD and fam in AL. Kids were out of school too.
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how fun, Donna that you was able to spend time with your daughter. I hope you had a very safe trip and did not experience too rough of weather. Ours got pretty dicey, but all is good . Will you be hitting the road and traveling about here soon? I have been dreaming of future camping trips . Lol. Have a wonderful week . Hugs.

      Delete
  10. Lots of green goodies here and we all know cabbage is very good for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love cabbage, Jenny though it has been awhile since I have cooked any. I have been enjoying all of the green decor for the month. Spring will be here soon. Thank you for the sweet visit. Hugs.

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. Aaah you are always so kind, Brenda. I hope you had a wonderful weekend and the weather did not get too bad in your neck of the woods. Hugs.

      Delete
  12. I'll 2nd, 3rd, and 4th all the comments about your hutch tours making me smile and at times laugh out loud! I so enjoy your collections and the way you put everything together. Just don't ask me to choose a favorite item in any picture...but that Leprechaun and Pot of Gold S&P set is pretty darn cute! Thank you for your little free stitches that have kept me company all winter long. Next up, the Shamrock Quilt block! Kris
    P.S. It is so sweet of you to mention that some of your treasures came from your dear sister and family. We all have a few things that mean so much more to us because of the friend or family connection. Blessings, K.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, dear Kris. I had a ball pulling out all of the greens. I think I need a bigger hutch though. Hmmmm if only I could convince Mr. Pinker, Lol. I think the Leprechaun and his pot of gold salt and pepper shaker is one of my favorites too. Every year I go to the World's Longest Yard Sale and I found that on one of my little jaunts. I had never seen a St. Patrick's Day salt and pepper set before. And thank you so much, about my treasures from my sis. She loved to go thrifting like I do and she would get so excited when she made a haul . She would bring her goodies to show me and then would start handing them over to me. Lol. She was a hoot. Have a wonderful week. Hugs.

      Delete
  13. I love all your country clutter! I had sign made saying Country Clutter,because I have a lot too,you decorate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol it sounds like we are kindred spirits. I am not a minimalist that is for sure, but it makes me happy. How cute to have a country clutter sign- that makes me smile:) Thank you for the sweet visit, dear. Hugs.

      Delete
  14. Where did you find the green truck?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much for asking Trish. Hubby got that for me as a present and so knowing him it either came from Walmart or Tractor Supply. It is a tart warmer, but I hide the cord. I love those vintage looking trucks. Have an awesome day. Hugs.

      Delete
  15. I don't think any of your collections are "wee" in any way. HA! Your Dollar General seems to have a lot of cute stuff. And your handmade decor is always delightful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol thank you so much, Tammy for a sweet giggle. I guess I think a hutch full is wee . Hee Hee! We have a lot of Dollar Generals in our area and they do have some fabulous items but each one is different so I usually go too several to see what each has. Have a super week , Tammy.

      Delete
  16. Looks great as usual Melisa. I think I have one piece of St Patrick's Day Stitching, Brenda Gervais' Hoopla. I tend to go from Winter to Spring and Easter. I plan to do a few spring stitches this week while I am at Grimmwood. Like you, we had some pretty strong storms here on Friday but thankfully no damage at our home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Arlene. I have had a great time slowly adding to my St. Patricks decor, but I am like you I go from Winter to Easter / Spring in the rest of the house. I do enjoy adding a piece or two each year though. I am so glad that all is safe in your area. We had a lot of trees down and no utilities for days but all is well now. Hugs

      Delete
  17. I always love every post, but this one has truly inspired me! Thank you for your enthusiasm and for sharing your many talents!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah how kind of you. Thank you from the bottom of my heart ; your warm words means more to me than you will ever know. Your really brightened my day . I so appreciate your kind visits, dear. Hugs.

      Delete
  18. I just love your decorating! So inspiring. Thanks for all your lovely patterns and country decorating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so very kind, Lori. Thank you so much. I enjoy decorating with all my stitching and quilting. The clutter makes my heart sing. Lol. Have a very lovely week. Hugs.

      Delete
  19. Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, dear. I had a great time pulling together all of my green pieces and adding my stitches. I think I am ready for St. Patrick's Day. Have a wonderful week . Hugs.

      Delete

Popular Posts

Chicks and Bunnies Easter Hutch Tour