Blog Archive

Friday, October 6, 2023

Oh My! Pumpkin Pie Hutch Tour

 Good morning , sweet friends. Please do join me in the kitchen.  How about a pumpkin latte ? That sounds delectable doesn't it? Let's sit a for a spell and chat. 

    Here I go again!!! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ‚ I have another Fall country clutter tour. 

Pumpkin pie graphic from Graphic Fairy .  

My hutch has been decked out for Pumpkin Pie Season, and I included lots of thrifty finds  in the Pumpkin Pie theme . 


Of course each and every shelf is crammed full of pumpkin goodness . If you look very carefully, you might find the kitchen sink stuffed in there. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜€ I do try to make use of every inch that I can. 

Let's start with the top shelf , shall we? 

 I used my pumpkin orange Dollar Tree plates for a backdrop for each shelf.  Hanging from the top shelf is a Fresh Baked Pumpkin Pies sign that I made from a scrap of wood. - Easy Peasy! 


In one corner is a yellow candle holder which I am using as a riser to hold a plate of pumpkins. Below it is my  Pumpkins  cross stitch which I shared last year. 


In the opposite corner is my Esmond cookie jar that I bought a few short months ago. I just love it. ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿงก๐Ÿงก
 I bought the truck cookie jar last year  from the Dollar General on clearance for just $2.50 ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ฏ.  I sure hope Dollar General has some good after season clearance sales this year. ๐ŸŽƒ But I have to admit , I have been very good this season and have not gone to the Dollar General too much in order to avoid temptations.  Hee! Hee! 



Let's shimmy on down to the 2nd shelf. 


In one corner, is Cornstalks, Pumpkins and Chickens  . It  is one of my fall favorites with Annie and her feathered friends . 


The pumpkin bowl is one of my newest thrifty finds that I purchased earlier this year. It is filled with a few fall pretties including Rosie's Pumpkins  and Little Quaker Pumpkin which is a freebie on the Stitchy Fish Designs blog in the September 12, 2016 post.

Behind the pumpkin bowl is one of my small rug hooks  and Pumpkin Haul Stamp.
 


 A pumpkin pitcher and butter dish rounds out the 2nd shelf. 


I just adore Lizzie Kate's Autumn Smalls  which sits in a bowl of pumpkins on top of my vintage scales. 


Let's hop on down to the bottom shelf for more Pumpkin Pie goodness. 


The vintage juicer is sporting a redware bowl which holds Dollar Tree picks.  
The Better Homes and Garden Pumpkin Pie dish was a gift from my mom years ago. It is elevated on an old flower stand. Below it are some of the spices that we might need for fall baking. 


We do have to  make a trip to the pumpkin patch if we want to make pumpkin pie so Little Bits Pumpkin Haul is front and center.


A couple of weeks ago , I went to the neighbors moving estate sale. She was selling everything and moving into a retirement community. It made my heart swell that she was so happy that my family bought so  many of her belongings. She felt like they were remaining in the family.  Anywhoo one of the purchases  was the  Betty Furness Westinghouse Cookbook published in 1954. It is  treasure trove of recipes. 

This is the Pumpkin Pie recipe from the book. I have not tried this recipe ; it is different from mine, but I may give it a go here soon. 

Have you ever used molasses in your pumpkin pie ? 




Well ya'll that's my  Pumpkin Pie hutch. Do you think I pulled the theme off?  I sure am enjoying the warm cozy colors. But you know what? - I still have not managed to  make a pumpkin pie yet. Lol. 


If you would like to see my previous hutch tours , I invite you to check out the links below.  You will see a lot of the same old things , but I just move them around . 


 2022 Autumn Blues Hutch Tour 



I decorated my hutch twice in 2020. The 2nd one was called Pumpkin Pie Fall Hutch as well.

Next time I will be a better host and have a big slice of pumpkin pie ready for you.  Thank you so much for spending a few minutes of your day with me.   Have a beautiful day and ...

As always...

Happy  Stitching and Quilting, y'all

Melisa 

You are sweeter than pumpkin pie!

Hugs and Stitches!!!!๐Ÿค—๐Ÿงต❤

Dedicated to my dear baby sister, Amy.I miss and love you, Amo. 

 

38 comments:

  1. I don't know how you do it with all your pretty decorations each season, but I love seeing all your arrangements!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Vicki for the sweetest compliment; that means the world to me. I have been collecting for many years ; I have always enjoyed changing things out seasonally. Enjoy your weekend.

      Delete
  2. Hi Melissa. I love your blog and I noticed that I haven't been receiving your emails for a couple of weeks now.
    I can't figure out how to resubscribe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I am so sorry to hear that has happened. For some reason "Follow It " sometimes does that; I have had to resubscribe to blogs because I would stop receiving emails. I am not sure why that happens. Usually I just reenter my email in the subscribe box which is on my side bar on this blog and "Follow It" will send a confirmation email. I have had trouble before where it wouldn't go through for some reason and then all of sudden it worked. I am not sure if it is a glitch or what. Thank you for letting me know. Hopefully by entering your email , it will work. Let me know if it doesn't work. Enjoy your weekend.

      Delete
  3. Love the tour - you know what I'd like to see? Where you store all of your goodies off season! LOL! I'll bet you have a room dedicated to it! :-D But I do enjoy your tours so much! :-) Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I am going to have to show where I store my seasonal items each time I change out my decorations. That's a great idea , Donna. I always like to see where and how others store their items too . I am pretty good about packing things down tight and compact when I do store the items. Have a great weekend and thank you for the sweet visit, Donna. Hugs

      Delete
  4. Oh Melisa, loved seeing your pumpkin hutch tour. While I love pumpkin spice, I would like just regular coffee (not a flavored coffee kind of gal). I will bring a pumpkin roll from Yoder's to the table though. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh pumpkin roll from Yoders sounds divine. Yes please!!! Lol . Thank you for the kind compliment on my hutch, Robin. I had a great time decorating it for the season. Have a great weekend. Hugs.

      Delete
  5. Oh, where's the big white pumpkin jar? I love that thing. This fall hutch is one of my favorites, I think!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I didn't put the big white pumpkin cookie jar out this year. I have to admit I love it too. I am so touched that this year's fall hutch is one of your favorites. It is always a challenge to change things up just using the same old things each year. Thank you for the sweet visit , Susan. You always brighten my day.

      Delete
  6. That was such a fun tour! So many pumpkiny things. Thank you and enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Betty. I had a ball pulling all the pumpkins together for the season. This is a fun time of the year to decorate. Enjoy your weekend. Hugs.

      Delete
  7. What a fabulous display of pumpkin decor. You do such creative and lovely arranging on your hutch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeanna, you are always so kind and uplifting. Thank you so much . I had a great time decorating the hutch for the fall season. Have a great day.

      Delete
  8. Another wonderful display! You must smile every time you walk by or look up at your hutch! I'm curious. . .once the pumpkins are placed are you already imagining where the turkeys will hang out next month?--TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit that I enjoy changing the hutch out each season and I always get excited come fall time. Oh yes, I am already dreaming where all of the gobblers are going to go and what plates I am going to use. Lol. Thank you for the sweet visit, Terry. Hugs and blessings.

      Delete
  9. Your pumpkin themed display is just perfect for fall, Melisa! You've created (and collected!) so many cute pumpkin pieces over the years and your displays are always so well done. That recipe sounds so yummy. You'll have to try it and let us know what you think :) Enjoy your weekend ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Carol. It is an exciting time of the year to decorate; I just love pulling out all of the pumpkin goodness. Oh yes, I will let you know how the pie tastes. Blessings.

      Delete
  10. Wonderful pumpkin hutch for 2023! You have such a gift for seasonal decorating. I've never had pumpkin pie with molasses. Interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a great time decorating the hutch with pumpkin pie goodness, Darlene. If only I had a real pie in my pie baking dish. Lol. That recipe does sound interesting doesn't it? I will have to give it a whirl. Have a great weekend. Hugs.

      Delete
  11. The hutch looks so beautiful!!!
    Have a nice weekend!
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much , sweet Isabel. It was fun to decorate it for the fall season. I wish you a very lovely weekend. Hugs.

      Delete
  12. Pulled it off?? Oh my yes!!! It's colorful,festive, very fall-ish and now I want pumpkin pie,yum. No I have not used molasses in my pie recipes. Had not seen one like that before. I'm not a big molasses fan so rarely rarely ever have it on my pantry. Our temps have cooled, colors are changing here, I'm sipping some hot tea and reading your post. Life is GOOD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Maureen. Lol I wish I had a big slice of freshly baked pumpkin pie to send your way. Oh I am so glad it is starting to cool down in your neck of the woods. It was a rainy day here which brought the temps down a bit. We did not get a lot of rain though ; we do need more , but it was nice nonetheless. I wish you the most fantastic weekend and thank you for brightening my day. Hugs.

      Delete
  13. Your pumpkin hutch is beautiful! I have ever used molasses in my pumpkin pies, so I wouldn't know, have a beautiful weekend!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Diana. I had a great time working on this little hutch for the fall season. I always find it interesting to look at older recipes and to see how they have changed. I may have to try this one. Have a great weekend. Hugs

      Delete
  14. Pumpkins, pumpkins, everywhere, all looking nice and homely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I have gone pumpkin crazy, Jenny. Hee! Hee! They are my favorite thing to decorate with in the fall season. I hope you have a great weekend and thank you for the sweet compliment and visit. Hugs.

      Delete
  15. I love all your pumpkin decorations, Melisa - so fun to see! I am just finishing up your mini pumpkin Sampler today. It's turning out so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Friday, Diann. Thank you so much for the kind words on my hutch filled with pumpkin pie goodness. I had a ball pulling it together for the fall season. I am so excited to hear that you are enjoying the pumpkin sampler. Eeh I can not wait to see it! Have an awesome weekend. Hugs

      Delete
  16. I love your fall/pumpkin theme. So many cute ideas. And, yes, use the molasses in pumpkin pies. Our family recipe does and its oh, so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I am definitely going to have to try the pumpkin pie with molasses. I had never seen a recipe like this. Thank you so much for the sweet visit, kind words and thumbs up on the recipe. Have a wonderful weekend, dear. Hugs.

      Delete
  17. Mmmm! I think that 2 tablespoons of molasses would be a great addition to a pumpkin pie and add just a touch of caramel flavor. I think I'll try it. I love old cookbooks, too, and it's sweet that you gave your neighbor's copy a new home. Oh, what pumpkin treasures you have on display, and thanks again for sharing your collections and ideas with us! Kris
    PS: I'm almost done with my Rosie's Pumpkins stitch for a card. I'll give you full credit for the design because it's just so darn cute, I think someone else might want to make one, too! K.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't that old recipe sound yummy, Kris? I am going to have to make some pie shells and then give it a whirl. I always keep molasses in the pantry for our pecan pies. Yum. Aren't the older cookbooks fascinating to look at? I am so happy to hear that you have almost completed Rosies' Pumpkins. It is going to be such a sweet card. That just makes me smile. Have an awesome weekend, Kris. Hugs.

      Delete
  18. You have such a treasure trove of goodies, Melisa! And looking at your previous hutch tours, I am wondering where you store all of these treasures you swap out, in addition to all your other hutch goodies! I've never used molasses in any pie, but I bet it would be good. Hmmm, maybe in a pecan pie?!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I am a collector , Brenda. Most of the fall items excluding the quilts and stitching are stored in an armoire and attic. It is a fun little hobby to switch out the hutch decor for the season. Oh yes molasses in pecan pie- how yummy! Thank you for the sweet visit. Hugs.

      Delete
  19. This tour had such an Autumn glow! So much cuteness! A couple of things I didn't recognize. The log cabin-like house with the ghost in the door? Is that yours? Too cute! And the quilt under the spices looks like something very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have really enjoyed the warm orange colors of this hutch, Ginny .Oh yes the log cabin house is mine- I just have to figure out what colors that I used before I share it. I got ahead of myself and didn't record them, Yikes! Lol. I will have to show my pumpkin pie quilt. I pieced it years ago. Hugs.

      Delete

Popular Posts

What To Do Tuesday