Blog Archive

Monday, July 3, 2023

My Red , White and Blue Hutch Tour

Good Monday morning , ya'll and welcome. It is going to be a beautiful summer day! 

 Well here I go again - another episode of Country Clutter. This is the Patriotic Hutch edition.  So grab you a cup of coffee and come on into my humble kitchen.  I am sure I can rustle up some something sweet to munch on too. 
First, let me show you  last year's  Down on the Farm Patriotic hutch . I failed to give a tour of it, but it was filled with chickens, cows and of course a sheep or two .

Now you know I am no minimalist. I am  surrounded by  colorful things that remind me of my grandmothers or items that just make my heart sing.  The country clutter is not for all, but it sure makes me happy. 

Alrighty, let's take a look at the 2023 Patriotic Hutch. 

Mr. Pinker made me this hutch over 20 years ago  for Christmas. It was not until a few years ago that I started decorating it seasonally. 


This year's patriotic hutch is filled with a modge podge of pieces. 


Lots of reds , whites and blues. Though they are barely visible, the shelf runners are just strips of buffalo checked fabric that I purchased at Walmart. I bought a yard and divided it into 3rds and Wahlah! I had some shelf runners. 

I used my Dollar Tree red plates as a backdrop and added smaller blue transferware  and  a few chicken plates to the mix. The more plates the better I always say. 😄 Doesn't all plate collectors need a billion and one plates?


On the top shelf is Nanny's vintage red canister. It has seen better days ,but I love it. It holds some of Nanny's old recipes. She was a terrific cook. I placed it on a Gather sign that is a Fall piece, but I use it year round because I sure do like for my family to gather . On top of the blue splatterware milk bottle is Betsy Ewe which I shared in 2021. 
Dear Sue gifted me the little metal milk can next to the canister. I put one of my wee chickens from my Christmas village on it.

I think I bought the red Home Sweet Home Chicken at Walmart a couple of years ago. Next to it is Liberty which I shared last year. 



My sister and I used to love to make candles. In the blue loaf pan is an old candle that we made years ago. We just tied a red fabric bow on it. 


Hanging haphazardly off the edge of the hutch is a egg basket filled with eggs and a graniteware pan that I thrifted. 


Let's skip on down to the 2nd shelf. 
In the corner is one of the patriotic stitches that I worked on last year called Little Miss Liberty. I stitched it when my daughter was in Pennsylvania for the military.  
Below  that stitch is  "Happy Birthday, Mr. President" , a freebie from Plum Street Sampler posted on Paulette's  blog on Feb. 18, 2018 . I finished it on a rough cut horn book that Mr. Pinker made for me. 
The Happy 4th of July sign was a gift that my daughter gave me this year for Mother's Day.  She is such a sweetie. 


In the opposite corner is  an older design by  Birds of a Feather  called "Americana Honesty". Behind it is "Pop"  a freebie form Lizzie Kate .  


"The Marcher of the Flag"  is a stitch that I designed and  stitched  in 2020 shortly after my daughter completed boot camp.  I haven't shared it yet. 


Oooh I almost forgot- there is a trifle in this corner.  It is the Red, White and Ewe Trifle  ! 



 More goodies to see on the 3rd shelf.  

The vintage juicer has some apple baking dishes in it with a red chicken nestled inside. 

My big ole' chicken hopped to the edge of the hutch. He is a grand rooster. Next to him is Annie and the gang  in Stars , Stripes and Chickens


I have a whole series of Annie and the gang, and there are more to come in the future if I can get them stitched. Hmmm I wonder if I could train myself to stitch in my sleep. If you have any tips on how to do that let me know. 😃😄 




I pulled out some old tins and the red potato masher that I purchased while on vacation in New Mexico this summer. They look smashing with the patriotic decor. 


On the vintage scale is some bowls draped in with doilies. Scissor Tails Designs "Rise and Shine"  is finished in a mini loaf pan with some black and white gingham added as trim. 



On the side of my hutch is an old basket that has to be close to 30 years old. It is crammed full of vintage pot holders

At the bottom of the hutch is more clutter including tins, enamelware, and chickens.  I store a lot of my Christmas and Fall salt and pepper shakers in my tins. 

Beside my hutch is Great Aunt Ruth's baking table.  It is an oldie but goodie table. There is still a bit of chippy white paint on it. Aunt Ruth later banished this table to her porch where she stored mason jars on top. Now it is lovingly housed in my kitchen. There is a plethora of clutter here.  I think Great Aunt Ruth would smile if she saw it today. 


Look at those old drawer knobs-  made from thread spools. Gotta love anything with spools on it. ❤❤🧵🧵


I have found some pretty red enamelware this year while on my thrifting adventures. So all of the reds are perfect for the summer season. 
The darling dish cloth is a treasure gift from my sweet friend, Tracey. It stays out year round. ❤❤❤


I still have some of my strawberry decor out. 


Wheewwww! Do your eyes need a rest now?  Have you gone crossed eye yet?  Lol that was a lot to take in wasn't it? 
I sure do appreciate you stopping by to see my hutch. I know I always love seeing how others decorate especially with vintage items ,  stitching and quilts. 

I will be working on cleaning the house today getting ready for a cookout tomorrow. If the weather cooperates the kiddos will be in the pool and I may take a splash too. 

Have a beautiful day, Sweeties... and 

As always...

Happy  Stitching and Quilting, ya'll

Melisa 

Americans are hungering to feel proud and patriotic again. - Ronald Reagan

Hugs and Stitches!!!!🤗🧵❤

 Dedicated to my baby sister, Amy . I love and miss you Amo.❤❤❤ 

23 comments:

  1. J'ai adoré tout ce que j'ai vu , bonne semaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah you are so very kind.Thank you so much for the sweet Monday visit, dear. I hope you have a blessed week.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the patriotic tour of your hutch. You always have such pretties to look at and I love the way you describe them. Your hubby did a great thing in making your hutch, he knew it would be full of such memories. He’s a keeper for sure, cause he knows how to get to your heart. Y’all have a wonderful 4th and enjoy your family get together. 🤗❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah and thank you dear Patti for coming by to see my hutch. I have really enjoyed this year's display especially all of the stitched pieces. Lol I guess Mr. Pinker and I are two peas in a pod. He does know how to grab my heart that is for sure. I hope you and your family have a very Happy 4th of July celebration. Hugs.

      Delete
  3. I enjoy the visits to your home to see all the decorating you've done for each season, very pretty! Enjoy your 4th with family and friends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah you are so very kind, Gretchen . Thank you for dropping by for a visit today. I hope you and your family have a wonderful 4th of July. Happy quilting.

      Delete
  4. Thank you so much for the tour - love seeing your hutch change with the holidays and seasons. You're going to laugh but when I saw the candle in the blue loaf pan, the first thing I thought was why does Melisa have a meat loaf in the pan? Must be too early and I need more coffee!! Have a great fourth. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, Donna, you had me rolling in the floor!!!😂😄 I don't think I will ever look at the candle again without laughing and craving meatloaf. Hmmm, I think I will have meatloaf for supper. Hee ! Hee! Thank you from from the great big smile and giggle. Happy 4th of July . Hugs!

      Delete
  5. Thank you for the tour of the hutch and kitchen, Melisa! I love the hutch that Mr. Pinker made for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw thank you so much, Robin. I sure do appreciate you stop by to see it. This hutch is a treasure since hubby made it . Happy 4th of July . Hugs.

      Delete
  6. I love seeing all your country clutter, Melisa! I love it all! Happy and blessed 4th to you and yours! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah you are so very kind, Brenda . Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Hugs and blessings.

      Delete
  7. Oh Melisa, your work is so wonderful! I told you yesterday how much I enjoyed your RW&B display of patriotism! But my favorite is Betsy Ewe (in the fifth photo). I love that whole series, but she's my favorite! I haven't stitched her up yet, But I plan to do so! Happy 4th! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you from the bottom of my heart, Denise. I have to admit Betsy Ewe is my favorite out of the sheep as well. Lol. I am so grateful that she is going on your future stitch list; I sure hope you enjoy her when you do stitch her . Have a wonderful week and a very Happy 4th. Hugs.

      Delete
  8. So much to eyeball and enjoy. Thank you for the tour & links! Happy Birthday, America!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw thank you so much, Susie for the sweet Monday visit. I have enjoyed my patriotic decor this year. Have a Happy 4th of July. Hugs.

      Delete
  9. You have some really nice treasures displayed in your hutch. I'm in search of kitchen hutch. Hope I can decorate nicely like yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaww thank you so much, Jeanna . I hope you find the perfect hutch real soon and I know you will decorate it beautifully. Thank you for the sweet afternoon visit. Hugs

      Delete
  10. It has been perfect!!!
    I love all these details.
    A hug

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah you  are so very kind, Isabel. I have been collecting a lot of years, but it was nice to add in some new cross stitch to the mix. Have a blessed day. Hugs. 

      Delete
  11. Your displays for the 4th are so festive and fun! I do NOT have your knack to show my things off to their best advantage as you do. Always enjoy the hutch tours. Enjoy your family and I hope you at least dip your toes into the water.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Melisa what a fun tour! Thank you for sharing your "clutter". I understand why it makes you happy. Keep smiling 😃 😊

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another beautiful display, I always enjoy seeing them Melisa! I will finish the Spring SAL soon (at last! hehe) and I better start on doing fall embroidery, so I can have everything in time for the season. I have so many of your lovely designs waiting to be done in my to-do list!
    Have a great 4th of July celebration!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

What To Do Tuesday