Blog Archive

Thursday, September 8, 2022

Candy Corn , Pumpkins and a Little Trifle

 Woo Hoo! It is finished! Well at least the embroidery. Happy Thursday, my friends. I finished my the embroidery work that I was working on last week !!!!  Now all it needs is a good pressing and for me to figure out how I want to fully finish it. 


1821 Pumpkin Saltbox 

 Speaking of fall finishes. I wanted to show you the amazing Fall banner that dear Patricia made for me. Isn't it stinking cute?!!! 

                         

 I knew exactly where I wanted to put it. Draped on my rail fence quilt top that I pieced years ago. The quilt top comes out each fall just to snicker and snide at me for not quilting it , but I still display her anyway. She will receive her quilting one day. Lol. Right now Mrs. Rail Fence quilt top is so happy to be sporting the Fall banner. Thank you dear Patricia. Hugs ❤🤗 

Yesterday I shared my Candy Corn House. I thought it was a cutie patootie  house. - well at least I would live in it if I could. 

Today I wanted to show you my Candy Corn wall hanging that I created with scraps of clothing and Halloween fabrics. 


Super quick quilt for the holiday season.  



It has been awhile since I shared a trifle. This is an itty bitty stitch and is my 1st Halloween trifle. It reminds me of a little sugar cookie. This one is called A Little Jack Trifle and is teeny. 



If you are interested check out the link to the jpg below. 

OOPS . I forgot to write in the directions. I used 1 strand of black to create the mouth and eyebrows. 

Click here for the jpg. 

Have a beautiful day my friends and as always...

Happy  Stitching and Quilting, ya'll

Melisa 

Trick or Treat , bags of treats and yes that includes candy corn. 😅

Hugs and Stitches!!!!🤗🧵❤

Dedicated to my baby sister, Amy . I love and miss you Amo. 




I am joining these lovely ladies' link parties. I hope you check them out; they always have so many wonderful projects going on and provide the opportunity for other needleworkers to meet. 

Pat at  Life in  the Scrapatch for Stitch , Sew and Show- Wednesday

Jennifer at Inquiring Quilter for Wednesday  Wait Loss- Wednesday

Denise at For the Love of Geese for Put Your Foot Down- Thursday

Kelly at My Quilt Infatuation for Needle and Thread Thursday- Thursday

Nina at Creations, Quilts, Art , Whatever by Nina for Off the Wall Friday

Alycia's of Alycia's Quilts for Finished of Not Friday

Michelle  at From Bolt to Beauty for Beauty Pageant - Friday

Wendy at Wendy's Quilts for Peacock Party - Friday

Frederique at   Quilting Patchwork Applique for Patchwork & Quilts - Saturday








21 comments:

  1. I am still drooling over the candy corn house! Lots of cuties in this post. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Susie. I am over the moon with this little house . It is getting me excited to pull out Halloween and usually I wait till October. Lol. Happy stitching.

      Delete
  2. Candy corn? We don't have it here but it looks like a hard boiled sweet perhaps? Or maybe soft in the centre? I know it features heavily in your neck of the woods as a delicious candy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a must have Halloween candy around here. It has a unique flavor - almost like a buttery, marshmallow, vanilla flavor .And amazingly it is not hard but has a softer texture.I can not eat too many of them though. Thank you for the sweet visit, Jenny. Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  3. who is the designer of the Harvest design that you have shown on your blog header and with the quilt.i want to stitch it for fall.thanks in advance for the info.daily i visit your lovely blog to see the talents that you display.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, I have had many kind compliments on that piece. I designed and stitched it last year and if all goes well, I will be sharing it here very soon. And thank you again for the sweetest compliment and visit. Have a great weekend.

      Delete
    2. looking forward for that design.Thanks much for sharing

      Delete
  4. Lil Jack is so sweet, it took all of 20 minutes, that is generously estimating. Thank you so much my sweet friend. Have a wonderful day, sending you many hugs from sunny Arizona.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, Mary. I am so excited you stitched this little guy up. That makes my heart leap. He was a quick one wasn't it? I have mine hanging on my Autumn tree right now. Have a great weekend. Hugs.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Aaah you are so sweet, Kathy . Thank you so much. I hope your weekend is a blessed one. I know you will be busy . Happy quilting and stitching.

      Delete
  6. Sweet trifle! Your candy corn quilt is adorable, Melisa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Robin. They were both quick and fun projects. Happy stitching.

      Delete
  7. Your sweet gift from Patricia looks just perfect draped above your cute fall vignette, Melisa! And your candy corn quilt is almost as cute as your candy corn house--almost! That house is especially darling :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Carol. I thought it brightened up the quilt nicely. Next year I may hang the banner on the mantel. Both the quilt and the Candy Corn house were both quick pieces to work on. Have a very lovely week and happy stitching.

      Delete
  8. I was a cross stitcher when I got a quilting book by mistake in the mail. I mean you never saw me without my bars or hoop in my hand. I read that quilt book and that was it - I needed to start quilting! Your projects are so cute! It reminds me that fall really is on its way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how fun, Nina. My love is quilting with cross stitch running a close second.Lol I got tickled because like you there is always a quilting hoop in my hand or nearby and a needle is always in hand . Thank you so much for the sweet visit and wish you a wonderful week.

      Delete
  9. With blog lovin on the fritz again I missed a bunch of your posts. I love this new candy corn house, I can only eat a few candy corn as they are just a bit to sweet. Always love seeing how you decorate for the seasons!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Vicki. Technology gives me fits at times too. I am like you; I can only eat a few candy corn and then I am done for the season. Lol. Happy quilting and stitching.

      Delete
  10. Lots of eye candy in this post! Love your new trifle. So cute! And the Candy Corn House is perfect. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so kind, Jennifer . Thank you so much for the sweet visit and happy quilting.

      Delete

Popular Posts

All Is Well That Ends Well Monday