Blog Archive

Friday, October 20, 2023

Cats a Prowling and Little Black Cat Stamp - A Halloween Freebie

A black cat here
A black cat there
Black cats are prowling everywhere! 
Cute-Black-Cat-Digital-Freebie-GraphicsFairy-1.jpg (1061×1662)
Well I think I have gone feline crazy this Halloween season!  

I have to admit I take to a theme like a dog takes to a bone.  
Have you noticed that? Hee ! Hee! 

So do you want to see some of my cats?  Unfortunately my pet cat is no longer with us, but I still can enjoy quilted and stitched felines. 
 
My porch is all decorated with Halloween coziness. Great Grandma Annie' quilt, pillows and a jack -o- lantern bucket, but oh bummer no treats.  Well I do believe I need to remedy that situation soon; then I would be all set for some porch stitching.   If you would like to see a closer look at Great Grandma Annie's quilt, just click the colored text. 


 Did you notice the black cat pillow? I made it years ago from 2 old sweaters.  

Earlier this fall season the foyer sported lots of crows, but the crows flew out and the cats moved in when October rolled around. 


I always enjoy decorating this area for the holidays  and you know me  - I cram it full with lots of clutter which makes my heart sing. Please excuse me if you see any dust bunnies ; they are not supposed to be there, but  they do hop in for a visit every now and then . 😀👯


The small Halloween tree is decorated with a fall leaf garland from the Dollar Tree , black and white ribbons and an adorable black cat garland from the Dollar General . 

The topper for the tree is a Dollar Tree yard stake. I love that cat ; it looks so vintage. Behind the tree, you can see a glimpse of Blackbird Designs's First Offering freebie

Lots of Halloween quilts are draped over 3 thrifted shutters. I enjoy displaying some of my small quilts here. I will be sharing a closer look at these quilts soon. 
 Front and center is Happy Jack Quilt which I shared last year as a freebie. 
My Halloween stocking is hung waiting for be filled by the Halloween Witch!  I hope I do not receive lumps of coal . 😁😀

Lots of black cats are prowling on the bookshelf.   The little mustard yellow riser is one of the drawers from my Granny's dresser. It stays on the shelf year round. 


Most of the things I have had over 20 years in fact you may find some of my children's toys among the black cats. 
My daughter's childhood treat bucket and my grandson's box of  tattoos. 


The small mug rug was made from bright and cheerful crumbs.  Boo is one of my designs from ages ago. 


Happy Cat looks perfectly content sitting on this shelf.  I loved stitching him in 2021. 


Prim Pumpkin House an Itty Bitty Freebie  is so teeny but so darling in my eyes. 


There is a  new cat prowling about  in the neighborhood . It is called Little Black Cat Stamp.
 


I used similar colors that  I used in Happy Cat


The chenille trim that I used came from  the Dollar Tree.  The chenille is 100% polyester and the skein has 65 yards. 





🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃

If you are interested in stitching this piece,  just grab , the images. For printing tips, refer to the post Tips for Printing which has loads of tips from my sweet friends. 

🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃


The bottom of the old shelf is sporting some of my old brown crocks and pitchers. Normally, I have a lot of my 1980's & 90's wooden decor and crafts here.  Hmm  maybe next year there will be more cats on these shelves. 

Of course, I have to have quilts hanging on the doors. 

The witch has was made in 2021, and I attached a Dollar Tree witch feet door knocker from the bottom of it. 


All Hallow's Eve is one of my quilts from 15 years ago or so.  Oh how I love a smiling black cat . Don't you? 




Well, y'all that's my country clutter episode for the week.  Wheew did that make your head spin? Hee ! Hee!  Mr. Pinker would say , "There's a lot to take in isn't there?" 


Thank you for the sweet visit and have a wonderful weekend. 



As always...

Happy stitching, y'all

Melisa

A black cat crossing your path signifies it is going somewhere. 😂😀

Hugs and Stitches!!!

Dedicated to my dear sister, who loved Halloween and cats of all colors. I love and miss you so much.❤❤👼  

Here are some more links that you may be interested in. 
🍂 Messin' and Gommin  in the Kitchen- How I tea dye my fabric. 
🍂Spooky Freebie Parade- A parade of previous Halloween freebies. 
🍂Turkey Strut Thanksgiving Parade and  Turkey Holler Saltbox -A Thanksgiving Freebie- A parade of previous Thanksgiving stitches. 

🍂Time for a Parade !   A Fall Freebie Parade- A parade of previous fall stitches. 


















37 comments:

  1. Hi Melisa, nice Halloween decoration. Like it. Here in Germany we are not so familiar with it.
    But I know Halloween and I do a little deco. It was more when my kids were young and an American family lived nearby.
    This little cat will be stitched in the afternoon. Thank you for the pattern.
    Have a nice day and greetings,
    Gabi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Gabi. I hope you enjoyed the little cat stitch and thank you so much for stitching it. I can not tell you how honored and grateful I am . I also appreciate the sweet compliment on my Halloween decor. The grandchildren and I have enjoyed it this year. It is always fun to change out for the season or holidays. Have a blessed day. Hugs.

      Delete
  2. Another fun tour - thank you! I used to have a black cat named Midnight - how original is that? LOL! The kids named her that. Anyway, she brought nothing but good luck! Have a wonderful day! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how fun, Donna. We had a black cat named Midnight too. Aren't black cats not only gorgeous but magical? Ours was a lucky cat as well. Hope your week is off to a great start . Hugs.

      Delete
  3. What a tour! Thank you! Your porch decor is wonderful (as are all the other decorations!)It must feel like seeing old friends as you decorate for each season. I kept a pumpkin bucket of our youngest for a long time. . .what grand memories!---TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Terry. I enjoyed wrangling all of the cat decor in one area. We have really enjoyed it. One of our friends suggested having the Halloween buckets in the yard with a solar light tucked in it. I was going to do that for my Halloween jacks but they ended up staying indoors. Lol. Thank you for the sweet visit. Hugs.

      Delete
  4. Halloween cuteness overload!! Love it. Great black cat stamp too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah you are so kind, Vicki . Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I have enjoyed the Halloween decor this year. Hope you have a great evening. Hugs.

      Delete
  5. Your house is just chock full of so many Halloween goodies, Melisa! Love the tree and your cute new black cat stamp is adorable. Really enjoyed the "tour" today and I hope you have a wonderful weekend ahead ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Carol. I have been collecting for many years. It is fun to decorate every nook and cranny and it is even more fun when the boys see it and ooh and ahh over it . LOL . Of course they like to move things about. Have a blessed evening. Hugs.

      Delete
  6. Your "country clutter" always looks fabulous! I love the tours of what you've done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah Darlene, you are always so sweet; thank you so much. I had a ball decorating the hall with black cats. Happy Halloween.

      Delete
  7. What a fun tour, Melisa. Your cats and pumpkins are adorable designs. The grandkids and nephews must have a blast when they visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Jeanna you are so kind. Oh yes, it warms my heart that the grands and nephews enjoy coming over. They have sleepovers over here all the time. You can imagine how rowdy 4 boys are. LOL. Have a great evening. Hugs.

      Delete
  8. Oh I love black cats!!
    Your Halloween corners are wonderful!!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have an affection for black cats too though I have owned only one named Midnight. I miss him so. Thank you for the sweet visit, Isabel. Hugs. 

      Delete
  9. Such a lot to see. Cats, witches, pumpkins goodness me they are everywhere. Believe it or not, celebrating Halloween is not a big thing here in New Zealand. I think the young ones are interested, and there are things to buy in the shops, but it wasnt around when I was growing up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so interesting that Halloween is not celebrated in New Zealand. It is a big thing here. Many people decorate their yards with ghosts and ghouls . It is a treat to look at the yard decor and go to the Halloween festivals and haunted houses. Thank you for the sweet visit, Jenny. Enjoy the last few days of October.

      Delete
  10. Lots of fun black cats to see at your place! I'm stitching the Halloween Mason Jar design you shared, but haven't gotten to the cat yet. My house definitely needs a black cat to go with the pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't realize I had so many black cats until last year when I started going through the totes. It has been a lot of fun having the cats all wrangled in one area. Lol every house needs a black cat doesn't it? Hee! Hee! Enjoy stitching Halloween Jar and thank you. I am so honored . Hugs.

      Delete
  11. Your whole decoration just makes me smile, so much fun and so many pretty things! I also loved the new cat stamp, so adorable, have a great weekend Melisa!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Diana. I have enjoyed having out the Halloween decor this year. It is fun to decorate for the holidays. Have a blessed day. Hugs.

      Delete
  12. Halloween is the time for smiley faced black cats and happy Jacks in your house and I love it! I am much better with cute rather than gruesome when it comes to H décor. Rhank you for the sweet new stitch of Midnight. Perfect name. String piecing makes my thrifty heart happy so I love Gr'ma Annie's quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I love cute Halloween over gruesome too, Ginny especially when it comes to Jacks and cats. My newest stitch was named after one of my cats from years ago. Midnight was a sweetie. I treasure my grandma Annie's quilt; she was a very resourceful lady. Have a beautiful day, my friend. Hugs.

      Delete
  13. My, what fun all the black cats are! I do like your new stitch. Waiting for the next embroidery ... not that I've finished the flakes one, 'cause haven't. Just like getting new stuff, too. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Susan. It was a fun little guy to work on. Oooh I have been doodling for a new snowman SAL. For the last 2 years, I have had a snowman SAL beginning the 1st week of November so I have to create another snowman quilt. LOL. I can not wait to share the 1st block . Have a blessed day.

      Delete
  14. What an inspiration!!! Thank you for sharing your beautiful decor!! Such a treat to see you change the seasons out and sharing your wonderful ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, dear. It has been fun to have all of the Halloween quilts, stitching and decor on display for the season. The grandbabes have love it. Have a blessed day. Hugs.

      Delete
  15. Love everything, especially the attention to all your quilts! 🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much. I have to admit the quilts are always the first things to come out. LOL. I hope you have a very lovely day and enjoy these last few days of October. Hugs.

      Delete
  16. I'm catching up with your last post and I have to say I completely agree, the red Pyrex bowl for a $1.00 was a great catch! My latest thrifty treasure was a little light blue bowl with an embossed swirl design. Not a collector piece, just so darn cute it jumped in my cart and at only $.89! It sits on my little kitchen shelf and smiles at me when I look up.
    I agree with Ginny, I like cute over scary for Halloween. Little Midnight hits the spot! Thanks for sharing your stitching, quilting, and decorating talents with us, Melisa. Now I'll go back and look at your last two posts to see what I missed the first time! Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh a blue bowl for less than a dollar- SCORE! Well I am glad I am not the only one bit by the "bowl collecting bug" . Hee! Hee! . But you can always use an extra bowl for decorating or what have you. I am so glad that you are enjoying it; I would have snatched it too. Thank you for the dropping by for a visit, Kris. Have an awesome day. Hugs.

      Delete
  17. You've got such fun Halloween themed decor. Something to see everywhere. I'm partial to black cats, Grad Girl's kitty is black.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Kate. I didn't realize I had so many black cats until last year. It has been a joy to have them displayed in one place. I bet Grad Girl's kitty is adorable. I do not see black cats that often around here . I used to have one as a child and we also had some bob tailed ones but not black , but still cute as a button. . Thank you for dropping by. Hugs.

      Delete
  18. Great collection! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah you are so very kind, Doris.I have been collecting for many years . Bringing out many of the pieces brings back fond memories. I am so grateful that you stopped by for a visit. Hugs.

      Delete

Popular Posts

Wordless Wednesday Camping in the Woods