Blog Archive

Sunday, August 30, 2026

Gingerbread and An Autumn Acorn- A Fall Doodle Freebie

 Good Sunday morning, Sunshine! 

It is a lovely day to enjoy some slow stitching so I won't keep you long.  For I am sure you are going to settle down with needle and thread of your own  and stitch the day away. 🤗

Meanwhile, here in the holler I am going to quilt on some gingerbread men on my Roll and Bake quilt.

This has been my 15 a minute a day project for the week.   A Plate of Gingers 

And....since I embroidered my Gingerbread girl for a future Christmas  ornament...

From A Very Vintage Christmas Doodles


... I will begin the little reindeer embroidery.



AND...

I am going to enjoy some needle turn applique in a little  Autumn Acorn block. 

I am appliqueing my acorn on a background piece measuring  7 1/2" x 8 1/2" ( unfinished)  ( 7" x 8 " finished) . Framed with 2 1/2" strips ( unfinished) and 2 1/2" (unfinished)  corner blocks. 


A little doodle just for you. You can use it for embroidery, coloring, needle punch, applique or whatever your sweet heart dreams up!  Enjoy



My doodles are hand drawn and are never perfect. ❤

Surely this will keep me busy.  Don't ya' think? 

So tell me what are you going to be working on today? 

May your heart be happy and your fingers nimble as your needle flies! 

Happy Sunday, Sweethearts. Love ya'! 

As Always...

Happy  Stitching and Quilting, y'all

Melisa 

"Slow days are not wasteful.Slow days are restful, refreshing and necessary.  "- unknown

Hugs and Stitches!!!!🤗🧵❤

Dedicated to my dear sister, Amy 
 I love and miss you so much.. Love you , Amo. 

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻


 Other Posts That Might Strike Your Fancy!

🌞Parade of Homes 2026- Early 2026 parade of home freebies.
🌞2026 Love Parade- A Parade of Previous Valentine Freebies- Valentine themed stitches up to Feb. 4, 2026.  
🌞 Root A Toot Toot Patriotic Parade Early 2024 patriotic freebies. 
🌞A Buzzy Bee Parade An early 2025 bee freebie parade.
🌞A Sunny Sunflower Parade for 2025 A parade of sunflower freebies up to July 24, 2025
🌞Pumpkin, Leaves and Autumn Please- A Fall Parade 2025 A parade of Fall themed stitches and doodles up to September 8, 2025.
🌞 A Stomping Stamp Parade 2026  A parade of stamp cross stitch design freebies up to June 2, 2026

🌞Time to Dye-  2024 post on how I tea/ Coffee Dye my fabric. 
🌞Pin Pillow Tutorial - 2023 post on how I finish my pin pillows with chenille trim. 
🌞A Spooky Parade - Halloween freebies up to October  4, 2025. More Halloween pieces followed this date.
🌞Turkey Struttin' Thanksgiving Parade 2025- Thanksgiving freebies up to the date of November 3, 2025. More Thanksgiving freebies followed  this date. 
🌞A Christmas in July Parade of Past Freebies- 2026 A Parade of Christmas Freebies up to the date of July 6, 2026. More Christmas Freebies followed this date. 
🌞A Chilly Parade of Winter Stitches 2025- A parade of Winter themed freebies up to the date of Dec. 21, 2025
🌞Let's Dye Some Fabric- A tutorial on my process of dyeing Aida 

I am joining these lovely ladies' link parties. I hope you check them out; they always have so many wonderful projects going on and provide the opportunity for other needle workers to meet. 

Frederique at   Quilting Patchwork Applique for Patchwork & Quilts - Saturday

Kathy at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Stitching Sunday

Kate at Life in Pieces for  Stitching Stuff ( Sunday) 

Cynthia at Quilting is More Fun Than Housework for Oh Scrap - Sunday 

Melva at Melva Loves Scraps for Sew & Tell- Sunday

Brenda at Songbird Designs for Monday Musings

Judy at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts for Design Wall Monday

Nina at Creations, Quilts, Art , Whatever by Nina for Off the Wall Friday

Alycia's of Alycia's Quilts for Finished of Not Friday

Joy at Days Filled with Joy for Home Matters


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Gingerbread and An Autumn Acorn- A Fall Doodle Freebie