Blog Archive

Saturday, October 28, 2023

Witches, Ghosts and a Halloween Stamp Freebie

Enter If you Dare !  There is 3 more days to Halloween! 

Welcome, sweet Witchie Poos. I say that affectionately for I am a witch too, but of course we are all good witches- weaving magic with needle , thread, fabric and floss. Oh ,what mischief we can conjure up this time of the year. 











My large black cat is perched near my Halloween tree which is filled to the brim with Halloween cuteness!

Oh, how I wish you could see it in person;🤗 it is a lot prettier than the photo can capture . May I say that this is my favorite Halloween tree to date.  

My Halloween tree is perched in an old bushel basket that my Nanny painted years ago. 


I promise you there is a tree in there somewhere underneath all of that Halloween! 😁😂









The top of the tree is the perfect place to hang my hat after a long night of riding on my broom.  

Please forgive Broomhilda's feet stitcking out of the tree' she is a little wobbly on her broom. 😄

 


Brewing cauldrons, happy jacks and magical stitches reside in this tree.  Spooky Time is a freebie from Lizzie Kate

With all that is brewing , my memory has failed me on who is the designer of Happy Halloween. Do you know? 

Double double , boil and trouble   -   Little Jack Trifle and  Eeek! A Spider! are two of my freebies that I brewed up moons ago  . 

Little embroidered pillows peek from the branches. 

 


What is that I hear coming from the kitchen?!  


Boo!   Did I scare you? I sure hope not. I have two new ghosts to add to my collection. 


I am so happy to introduce to you Boo and Jack. This my newest stamp that can be whipped up in a few shorts hours.  Is Boo not the cutest ghost ever ? Aaah look at Jack with only one tooth- Now tell me how can you resist him?! LOL. 

 

After making Boo and Jack, I quickly gathered a piece of muslin and drew out a little ghost to make into a wee doll. Hmmm what should I call him? Maybe Casper?

 Anywhoo, the instructions are below on how I made this little guy.  Wouldn't Boo and Jack and even sweet Casper look as cute as a button in a Halloween treat bag? 

CASPER INSTRUCTIONS

1. I traced the pattern onto a piece of muslin folded over onto itself. I added 1/4" seam allowance around the edges which is not on the pattern.  Pin the muslin together and cut the ghost pattern out. 

2. Sew around the edges of the ghost leaving an opening to stuff the ghost. Clip the inner curves being careful not to clip the thread. Turn inside out. 

3. Stuff your ghost tightly with Polyfil. Whipstitch  the hole used for stuffing closed. 

4. I wanted to prim my ghost up so I used a mixture of  white and a dab of black Apple Barrel acrylic paint  from Walmart.  I painted my whole ghost. Sometimes I dipped my paintbrush in water to thin the paint down. Paint the eyes and mouth with black paint. 

5. As the ghost was drying , I pulled out my cinnamon. When the ghost was about tacky dry, I sprinkled cinnamon and rubbed it in with my fingers being careful not to distort any features. Shake off any excess and then let ghost fully dry.

6. Once dry, add a ripped homespun bow.  

Wahlah! Casper is complete! Easy Peasey! 

 I was going to make several of them for bowl fillers, but then I had the grand idea of propping Casper into an old rusty spring for display until the other ghosts magically appear. 👻👻👻

Today I will be weaving my magic needle and working on Casper in a quilt block. How cute will that be? 



👻🎃👻🎃👻🎃👻🎃👻🎃👻🎃👻🎃

If you are interested in stitching this piece,  just grab , the images. For printing tips, refer to the post Tips for Printing which has loads of tips from my sweet friends. 

👻🎃👻🎃👻🎃👻🎃👻🎃👻🎃👻🎃



Well, sweet friends, I am so delighted that you stopped by for a visit. I truly appreciate you. 🤗❤😘 
There will be Trunk or Treats and a Halloween festival going on today. If I am lucky , perhaps a few little ghouls will come visit me before they head to the activities.  Have a spooktacular day and ...

All Through the Nights "Jolly Jack " and my Halloween Jar


As Always...

Happy  Stitching and Quilting, ya'll

Melisa 

During the day I do not believe in ghosts, but at night I am a little more open minded. 👻

Hugs and Stitches!!!!🤗🧵❤

Dedicated to my dear sister, Amy. I love and miss you so much.. Love you , Amo. 



Best Witches  a freebie from Waxing Moon Designs
























 

32 comments:

  1. Good morning Melisa! 🙋‍♀️ A very Happy Saturday to you! 👋 A lovely post to wake up to! Really appreciate all your beautiful posts. Especially love Casper. He was always a favourite in my youth! Have a super weekend! Hugs, Barbara (@flashinscissors) xxx🙋‍♀️😘🤗👻🧙🧡🤎🖤👻 🎃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning, sweet Barbara and a very Happy Saturday to you. I hope your day is off to a very lovely start. You sure made my day a bright one. Aah I was a big Casper lover too especially the older cartoons and comic books . Have a beautiful day. Hugs

      Delete
  2. You definitely have the coolest Halloween decor! Love both your ghosties. Enjoy all the holiday events this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Kate. I have been collecting Halloween for years and I am excited to add a couple of new ghosts to the mix. Hope you are having an awesome weekend. Hugs.

      Delete
  3. Boo and Jack are darling! Thank you - you are so generous with your time and skill! Have a wonderful weekend! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah you are so kind, Donna. Thank you so much, Boo and Jack were fun little guys to stitch. I hope you are having a very lovely weekend. Hugs.

      Delete
  4. Good morning! Casper and Jack are adorable! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Deb. They were fun little guys to work on. I hope you have had a very lovely day. Hugs.

      Delete
  5. Oooh you knew I wanted a ghost for an applique didn't you! Well that was a month ago, but hey I will save him for another time, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I am so excited that you are going to save this ghost for a later project. I hope you enjoy. He is a fast one to applique. Have a great weekend, Vicki. Hugs

      Delete
  6. Your tree is so cute, Melisa! I think the witch's hat is the perfect topper. Thank you, as always, for the freebies you offer. I will be stitching for a long time to come! Today is more work on Jack in the Halloween Jar and baby Flake to celebrate our first snow of the year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I hope you enjoy your stitching time, Diann. I am so honored that you are stitching two of mine. Stay warm and cozy and thank you so much for the sweet Saturday visit. Hugs.

      Delete
  7. Your Halloween tree looks incredible, Melisa. Boo looks so much like Casper. I remember watching Casper the friendly ghost on TV back in the day. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Robin. I had a ball decorating my raggedy tree and stitching Boo. Oh , I miss the good old cartoons- Casper was the sweetest. Hope you are having a very lovely weekend. Hugs.

      Delete
  8. Loved seeing your Halloween tree in all its glory, Melisa--that witch hat is the perfect topper! And that little ghost--I think I will have to stitch him for my grandson :) Thank you so much! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Carol . I found the witches hat years ago and still adore it. I hope you enjoy the Boo stitch. It would be a sweet gift for your dear grandson. Have a blessed day and happy stitching.

      Delete
  9. This spooky post is delightful, not spooky at all...sorry. I smiled all the way through. How wonderful is the Halloween tree loaded as it is with stitchy goodies. Love the ghost and thanks as always for the patterns. Hope you are having a great Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so very kind, Jocelyn ; thank you from the bottom of my heart. I have really enjoyed the Halloween decor and crafting this season. Have a very lovely weekend and Happy Quilting

      Delete
  10. Hey Melisa, what cuties to see on this cold rainy day. Love Boo and Jack and Casper will be on my to do list for next year-he is stinkin adorable. I know he will be so cute in your quilt. Have a great day and keep those fingers flying. ❤️🤗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you had a very Happy Saturday, Patti. I sure do wish you could send some of that rain my way. Lol. Thank you so much for adding Boo and Casper to your to do list for next year. I hope you enjoy them. Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs.

      Delete
  11. I love you ghost stamp. If only I had more time ! Have a lovely weekend !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Annelies. It was a fun quick stitch. I am looking forward to enjoying it more next year. Have a blessed day. Hugs.

      Delete
  12. Love the ghost stamp, as well. And so much wonderfulness in this post, Melisa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Darlene. It is hard to believe that Halloween is almost upon us. I will soon be putting all of this away. Hope you have a super weekend. Hugs.

      Delete
  13. The designer of the above Happy Halloween is Les Grilles de Maryse. I saw it on Pinterest the other day. Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Gail. I stitched it years ago and couldn't remember for the life of me who was the designer. Have a wonderful weekend and happy stitching. Hugs.

      Delete
  14. What a fantastic post Melisa, I just love Jack and Boo, thank you so much for sharing, you always make me smile with your posts. I'm preparing myself for Halloween as my daughter has invited her friends from school, they will go together trick or treating and then come here and I will have food for them, I'll have the house full of teenagers!! I hope you'll have a fabulous and fun Halloween with your grandkids!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh, Diana. I remember those days of having a house full of teenagers. I hope you enjoyed each and every minute of it. How fun that the children enjoyed their time at your home after trick or treating . I hope they had a fabulous time. Thank you for the sweet visit. Hugs.

      Delete
  15. Such cute things you give us! Boo is adorable in all forms! Very creative use of the old spring for display. What kind of spring is it? I agree, there is a little bit of witch in all of us. I Love the saying "Yes, I do drive a stick" with the image of a broom. LOL Your tree is over the top FUN! Do you get many TorT'ers? Most years, we are lucky to get one or two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Ginny . I was going to tuck the little ghost into a basket but I found the spring in my old stash. My sis gave me a bunch of them. This spring looks a little different than a regular bed spring. I am wondering if it is from an old vehicle seat. My favorite big spring that sis gave me is from a tractor. She always found the best things while out roaming the woods ( we find a lot of old dumps in our woods. LOL) Oh I do love the saying "Yes I drive a stick " Isn't that the cutest. We do not get any trick or treaters except for the grandkiddos. They are always a hoot! Thank you for the sweet visit, Ginny and Happy November.

      Delete
  16. Casper has always been one of my favorites! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh he was one of my favorites as well. I watched a few of the old cartoons the other day. Lol I am still a kid at heart. Hee! Hee!

      Delete

Popular Posts

Wordless Wednesday Camping in the Woods