Blog Archive

Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Halloween Jar- A Halloween Mason Jar Freebie.

Good morning , sweet Friends  .

 Oh ,it is a beautiful fall day! The weather has started to cool here in the holler. The leaves are falling, and each day I have been going out twice a day using the leaf blower to clean the patio.  Oh, those Autumn chores!

 Afterwards,  I make my way back to the porch , prop up my feet and enjoy the chill of the day. This has been a lovely routine this past week.  How is it in your neck of the woods? Feeling like fall? 

Last week, I bustled about redecorating the house for Halloween.  All of Halloween stitches and quilts are spooking about the house. 

Some of vintage Halloween drifted  to the buffet along with some of my Halloween stitches. 

Header photo

Some of the stitches included on the buffet are Pumpkin StewWillowisp Manor of Holler Lane and Halloween Manor. I hope Halloween Manor will be a future freebie if I can remember what floss colors that I used. πŸ˜³πŸ™„

Sunday  night I finished quilting the last block in my Butterfly Kisses quilt.  That night I had a sweet dream of my sister.πŸ›ŒπŸ‘Ό

Then on Monday morning , I spotted this lovely butterfly enjoying the sweetness of an old watermelon rind which was  thrown out for the raccoons.  Isn't the butterfly a perfect for the fall season? 

With all of the fall chores, I have included some  canning in the mix.

 Well, not food this time,πŸ˜€ but I did try to bottle up some Halloween goodness in  my latest mason jar stitch! - It's Halloween Jar!

My jar looks a bit different than how it was charted. Why you may ask? Well I am make boo boos all the time . I often laugh that I can not even stitch my own charts.  I accidently moved my Jack a little too far over which made all of the other stitches off. But that is okay; I will call it a "Happy Accident" . I didn't realize it until later, and I just did not want to frog so I kept on stitching. It all worked out in the end.

 I just added an extra green cross near the cat's head to fill in the space.

 It is hard to distinguish the symbols on the colored chart, but the cat is stitched in DMC 310 . His nose is 918  and the bow is 301.  The jack is stitched in 301 with the stem being 898 . His eyes are white and black and his cute peachy cheeks are stitched in DMC 921. 

πŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒ

If you are interested in stitching this piece,  just grab , the images. For printing tips, refer to the post Tips for Printing which has loads of tips from my sweet friends. 

πŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒ


Many of you know , but I always like to leave this little disclaimer.  

I stitch my little designs for fun and to decorate my home. I feel very blessed by this community and love sharing my little charts, but I am not a professional designer. And I do not have professional software. Thank you for understanding . I am always grateful for your kind encouragement , your visits, and for stitching my little designs.

If you missed any of the previous jars, just click on the names below, and you will magically be transported back to a previous post. 


Well , y'all I better hop off here.  I hear the faint rustling of leaves whisping about, and you know what that means - leaf blower and rake are going into action and later in the day, my nimble fingers will be quilting away on Butterfly Kisses.   I do have the borders to work on . Have a terrific Tuesday and... 

As always...

Happy  Stitching and Quilting, y'all

Melisa 

Happiness is like jam... you can't spread even a little without getting some on yourself. 

Hugs and Stitches!!!!πŸ€—πŸ§΅❤

Dedicated to my baby sister, Amy . I love and miss you Amo.❤❤❤.


Here are some more links that you may be interested in. 
πŸ‚ Messin' and Gommin  in the Kitchen- How I tea dye my fabric. 
πŸ‚Spooky Freebie Parade- A parade of previous Halloween freebies. 
πŸ‚Turkey Strut Thanksgiving Parade and  Turkey Holler Saltbox -A Thanksgiving Freebie- A parade of previous Thanksgiving stitches. 

πŸ‚Time for a Parade !   A Fall Freebie Parade- A parade of previous fall stitches. 

🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁

 I am joining these lovely ladies' link parties. I hope you check them out; they always have so many wonderful projects going on and provide the opportunity for other needleworkers to meet. 

Brenda at Songbird Designs for Monday Musings

Judy at Small Quilts Doll Quilts for Design Wall Monday

Joy at Days Filled with Joy for This and That


31 comments:

  1. Another cute mason jar - thank you. I've saved so many of your patterns to stitch that I will live forever! I've done lots of Happy Little Accidents - some I just went with and some made me tear my hair out. I have one now that I put in timeout, I'm so frustrated with. There's always one, isn't there? Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Tuesday, Donna. Oh yes there is always one stitch that is bound and determined to give one fits. Lol. Maybe after a time out all the stitching will go well. I have one myself where Mr. Ripper is going to have to come to the rescue. Thank you so much for the sweet visit. Have a great evening. Hugs.

      Delete
  2. You will never know how much my friends and I appreciate your free charts. Helps us on fixed incomes so much. And what cute charts πŸ₯°πŸ₯°πŸ₯°

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh ,Brenda that means so much to me. It has been a joy and a blessing to share with kindred spirits. It warms my heart to hear that you and your friends enjoy them. I wish you the most beautiful day. Hugs.

      Delete
  3. Your newest jar design is adorable, Melisa. Well done on finishing the butterfly quilt! Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Robin. It was a fun jar to stitch up for the holiday. I can not tell you how excited to have all of the blocks quilted. I do not think it will take long to finish the border. Hope you are having a very lovely day. Hugs.

      Delete
  4. The new mason jar is super cute, Melisa. I love that you put little cheeks on the jack-o-lantern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Jeanna. I am quite pleased with how the little jar turned out. It was a delightful stitch to work on . Enjoy your day. Hugs

      Delete
  5. That mason jar is super cute! Was finishing the butterfly quilt bittersweet?--TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Tuesday, Terry. Oh yes finishing the blocks on the butterfly quilt has been bittersweet. I think that is why I dreamed about my sister that night. Each day that I work on the quilt , I write a letter to her on the backing of the quilt. I just have the borders to complete and then it will be all done. This will be a treasured quilt that is for sure. Thank you for the sweet visit. Have a very lovely evening. Hugs.

      Delete
  6. I'm so happy that the butterfly quilting is done! Soon you will be curling up in it. The mason jar is adorable! I am looking to do a jar of the month, eventually, with them all on one stitch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ginny, it has been such a comfort to work on the butterfly quilt. I do not think it will take too much longer to have the borders complete and then I can wrap up and think of my sis. Oh how fun to do a jar a month. I still have a few more jars in mind as monthly or holiday stitches. Eeeh! It is so exciting to hear of your plans! Have a super day, sweet friend. Hugs.

      Delete
  7. I adored that wonderful jar!!!
    It's ideal, Melisa.
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw thank you so much, Isabel. It was a joy to stitch and share this jar of Halloween goodness. It turned out better than I had hoped. Have a lovely day, dear. Hugs.

      Delete
  8. Oh my goodness, the Halloween Jar design is adorable, Melisa! I've been stuck on stitching the mini samplers, but I might have to try a jar. You got a beautiful photo of that butterfly, too! Hope you're having a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Tuesday, Diann. This little jar stitched up lickety split. I hope you do add one of the jars to your future stitch list; I would be so honored. It brings a smile to my day to hear that you have been enjoying the mini samplers. I love seeing your bowl of stitchy goodness. Thank you so much. Have a wonderful day and Happy quilting and stitching. Hugs.

      Delete
  9. Another super cute jar. I need to stay more focused so I can stitch lots more. Want to stitch the Halloween Jar but it might be July before I can. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh, Darlene. I know what you mean about staying focused. I hop from one project to another, but I have a lot of fun doing so don't you? Hee! Hee! I hope you are working on some lovely projects and are still working on your mini quilt challenge. I have been quilting on a 4 patch mini quilt this week. I hope to get it completed soon. Have a wonderful Tuesday and happy quilting and stitching. Hugs.

      Delete
  10. That is a darling cat and pumpkin. Your designs make me want to do cross stitch -- but I really don't see very well anymore. Maybe one of these days I'll try a little one. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Bonnie. I had a fun time working on this little stitch. I have to work on 14 count aida so I can see what I am doing. It makes stitching a lot more enjoyable. I hope you have a blessed week and thank you for the sweet visit. Hugs.

      Delete
  11. I am always amazed when I see a design that I did not know existed. I had not seen Pumpkin stew before. It is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know that you are pleased to have finished the Butterfly Kisses quilt, and happy you had a sweet dream of your sister. Love the new mason jar, Bonnie! Sew cute! Thanks for sharing it with us at Monday Musings! Have a great week, my friend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been a joy to work on Butterfly Kisses, Brenda. I just have a tad bit of quilting to complete on the border and then add the binding. I think my sis would love it. Thank you for the sweet visit. Hugs. 

      Delete
  13. I don't often comment but I love your blog and your generosity giving us all those freebies. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww , Rita, I can not tell you how much your kind compliment means to me as well as your sweet visits. Thank you so much. You lifted my spirits. Have a blessed week. Hugs.

      Delete
  14. I just love the new jar stitch Melisa!! I wish I had more time to make it for the season!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Diana. It was a fun little jar to stitch. I think we all need more stitching time don't we? Hee ! Hee! Have a great week. Hugs and Blessings.

      Delete
  15. Love the jam quote! So glad you had a good dream about your sister. I really like the cat jar, and don't see a thing wrong with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Susan. I enjoy looking for cute quotes to go along with the posts. I think there were several things that triggered my dream, but it was a good one. Hugs.

      Delete
  16. Your black cat jar is just so cute, Melisa! It always amazes me how many fun and creative ideas you come up with for your designs! Thank you so much ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Carol. I had a ball working on this little mason jar. I have already started dreaming up the next one. Have a beautiful day. Hugs.

      Delete

Popular Posts

Wordless Wednesday Camping in the Woods