Blog Archive

Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Spring Stamp- A Spring Freebie and a Stamp Parade


Welcome, my dear friends. The other day I was sitting on the porch  stitching my heart away listening to the songs and chatter of the birds below me.

 I looked over the edge of the porch and   counted 20 birds fluttering around 2 feeders. There were doves, chickadees and lots of cardinals. 

As I sat on the porch, a doe walked around the corner of the house - not 15 feet  from me. She sauntered down to the garage to see what Mr. Pinker was doing. As she slowly made her way, I sleeked back into the house for my camera and as I sleeked back out , BUMMER ! Mr. Pinker came out of the garage and Mrs. Doe went back up the hill . No  deer photo today.  So I resumed listening to the chatter of the birds.

I also worked on a new stitch-   another stamp stitch . This one is simply called Spring Stamp. 





 This little stamp has a little Eastern Bluebird pulling a wagon of blooms. 

 Now this little bluebird could easily be changed to a robin. 

 I stitched this little stamp on 14 count aida and since it only measures 35 x35 that brought it to a mere  2 1/2" squares. 

                

In fact, I stitched it in just a couple of hours. 

You could have this done lickety split. If you are interested , just check out the links below. 

Click here for the Instruction page. 

Click here for Colored Chart.

Click 
here for Black / White Chart. 


I thought it would be fun to have a Stamp Parade where we look back at some of the stamps I have stitched and shared . It is a short parade. 

Autumn Stamp Click here for the stamp .

Winter Stamp

Watermelon Stamp. Click here for the stamp. 


Love Note Stamp Click here for stamp. 

Cupid Stamp

Lucky Stamp

Santa  Stamp

 Frosty Stamp

I do  have more stamps in my future. My mind is whirling with ideas.  

Since it is a warm sun shiny day, I think I will plop myself on the porch , pull off my shoes so my toes can bask in the sun and stitch . I am going to take my camera out too and keep an eagle eye  out for Mrs. Doe. Her and the other ladies come into the yard quite often to visit.  

Thank you so much for the sweet visit , my friends . Have a beautiful day and as always...

Happy stitching, ya'll

Melisa

A heart without dreams is like a bird without feathers. 

Hugs and Stitches!!!

Dedicated to my dear sister Amy who loved animals dearly. Love you. 

20 comments:

  1. I love your stamps - so does my grand daughter who is just starting out cross stitching. Thank you so much for your generosity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Donna and I am so thrilled that your granddaughter enjoys them too. How wonderful that you both can share this craft together. I am sure you are both making cherished memories together. Hugs.

      Delete
  2. Melisa, thanks so much for all the beautiful charts and patterns you give so freely to us. I will be doing the little Bluebird tonight. I have had Bluebirds nesting in my backyard yard for the past 28 years. Happy Creating, Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, Kim. I bet it is a joy to watch the bluebirds each year especially the babies. This year is the first time that I have seen one in our yard- it has been a treat to see it. I hope you enjoy this little stitch.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I love bluebirds too, Penny. Well I love all birds. Lol , but they are a treat to see. I hope you have a very lovely week and thank you for the sweet visit. Hugs.

      Delete
  4. Spring Stamp is adorable. Love the bluebird, Melisa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Robin. I enjoyed stitching this little bird. It came out cuter that I imagined. Have a great week. Hugs.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much for the kind words and the sweet visit. I hope you have a very lovely week , dear.

      Delete
  6. I love those gorgeous cardinals, we dont have them here in New Zealand. And to watch a pretty doe so close by must have been a magical moment indeed. Happy Stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're so talented! I want to stitch all the season stamps...maybe all together? Thank you for sharing your incredible talents with us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All your stamps are adorable! Thanks so much for sharing your days adventures with us. Your patterns are all just a joy and love your country decorating.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, thank you, another sweet Stamp to celebrate a wonderful spring season. I am in love with your cardinals, we do not have those here in Phoenix. I haven't seen a cardinal or a deer in my yard since I left Illinois. Need to go north to Flagstaff to see deer and even further to see beautiful cardinals. Love and hugs to you, have a wonderful, beautiful spring day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Merci pour cette adorable grille

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have quite the nature channel going on around you for stitching inspirtation!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Melissa,
    Thank you for the lovely stamps!
    I might try to stitch the bluebird as a robin as we don’t have bluebirds here in England.
    You are very generous with all your patterns. And all your displays are beautiful! You must be keeping lots of us stitching. Thank you.
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your new spring stamp is so sweet, Melisa! I love that it's a bluebird. In the 38 years I've lived in my house I've only seen a bluebird once! But, just this weekend I saw two more--what a joyful sight. Your yard sounds just like mine (although I'm in the suburbs of a large city!). Birds, and deer, and groundhogs, and all sorts of critters visit every day. I love it and can't imagine living anywhere else :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your little designs! I just finished stitching it with a few little color changes. Thanks for all your hard work. (Wish I could add my picture of the Spring work.)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wirklich schnell gestickt war dieses kleine Bildchen. Vielen Dank, dass du deine tollen Ideen mit uns teilst.
    Grüße aus Deutschland sendet dir
    Petra

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

All Is Well That Ends Well Monday