Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Patriotic Jar- Mason Jar Series Freebie

Good afternoon, Sunshine! How was your Memorial Day weekend? I hope it was a relaxing one. 

We enjoyed the day at home with family. Mr. Pinker grilled hot dogs and hamburgers  with all of the fixins'.

             

 We even had our 1st watermelon of the season. Walmart had them for only $3.98 . It was yummmy! Afterwards the kiddos played in the pool.  Splishin' and splashin' all evening long. It was a good day.

          

 Later in the evening, I checked out the garden;  I believe we may have squash very soon. 

I am loving the longer days. I did not come into the house until after 8:30 pm.   

Are you interested in doing some canning? You do not need a water or pressure canner for this jar -just floss and fabric. 😀

The other day, the grandbabies and I were sitting on the patio when we saw two large birds soar above us. We quickly gathered 2 pairs of binoculars so we could see what they were. 

Eeeh! Eagles!!! We then heared their distinct call. They were no doubt heading to their nest near the river.  Later over the weekend, my nephews saw them as they were fishing.  With all of the eagle sightings ,  I thought it was time to work on a new stitch. 

This is Patriotic Jar- a mason jar filled with a bald eagle toting Old Glory. He is a cuutie!!! Well at least in my eyes. 

I finished this little jar just like the other mason jars in this series- a little pin pillow with twisted chenille trim. 

           

 I am a little disappointed in my finish though. I did not give myself a lot of extra fabric and when I went to finish , I did not refer back to my previous jars. Soooo this one is a little smaller in size in respect to the other jars. Oh, well. I will do better next time! 😀

If you would like to stitch this jar, I invite you to check out the links below where you will find the jpgs. 

Many of you know , but I always like to leave this little disclaimer.  

I stitch my little designs for fun and to decorate my home. I feel very blessed by this community and love sharing my little charts, but I am not a professional designer. And I do not have professional software. Thank you for understanding that I  have to put each page on separate links because of the devices I use. I apologize for that.  These are images of the chart  or JPG s and not downloads.   I am always grateful for your kind encouragement , your visits, and for stitching my little designs. 


Click here for the Instruction page.  

OOOPS : I failed to mention on the Instruction page that I used 1 strand of white to create a star in the flag. I made mine a little sideways. 


Click here for the Colored Chart. 



Click here for the Black/ White Chart. 


 If you missed any of the previous jars, just click on the names below, and you will magically be transported back to a previous post. 

Autumn Jar Pinkeep


Winter  Jar and  Winter 

Sheep Jar and A Basket for Ewe


Bunny Jar 


 Strawberry Jam Jar

The rest of the day I plan on working on some flag  quilt blocks and then my Truckin 'Tuesday cross stitch. Not a lot of excitement is going on in these neck of the woods, but a lot of fun of fun for me. 😀Thank you for stopping by for the sweet visit , my friends. As always...

Happy quilting and stitching, ya'll

Melisa
Life without liberty is like a body without spirit. 

Hugs and Stitches!!! 🤗❤🧵


Dedicated to my dear sister, Amy. Love and miss you.  

11 comments:

  1. Eating hotdogs and hamburgers left over from yesterday!! Love all your pretty stitching. I am getting ready to start stitching some of your fall houses and the pumpkin crock. I did the July 4th crock for my July Kitchen....it will be patiently waiting until July 1st for its debut!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah that is what we had for lunch as well. Lol. You are so very kind, Arlene. I hope you enjoyed stitching the little crocks. the July 4th crock is my favorite which was my 1st crock. Have a wonderful week and Happy June.

      Delete
  2. Its always a delight reading your blog and seeing what you have been stitching. I'm not a cross stitcher myself but still like to see your creations, and love your cute stitchery designs too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah that means so much to me Jenny. I love visiting your blog as well. I adore your knitting quilting and of course when you post your camping adventures. Have a great day, my dear.

      Delete
  3. Melisa,
    I love the mason jars!! All so pretty!!! Thanks so much for stopping by!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Debbie. I am so touched that you stopped by for a visit. Have a very lovely week .

      Delete
  4. What a wonderful jar with eagle you have created, Melisa! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Robin. I have been on an eagle kick here lately . Lol. And these eagle sightings certainly added to it. Happy stitching.

      Delete
  5. Oh,, my goodness! I love reading your blog! I wish we were neighbors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah you are so very kind. You brought a smile to my day. Thank you so much. Wouldn't that be nice to visit in person - chat and stitch the day away. Lol. Thank you for the sweet visit.

      Delete
  6. Such a glorious Memorial Day at your house. Lots of pools were opened in our neighborhood over the weekend too. Love your eagles -- both the soaring ones and the XStitch ones.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Chasing Butterflies