Monday, May 9, 2022

Monday This and That


Happy Monday, ya'll! How was your weekend? I hope that you had a very lovely Mother's Day. 

 A few weeks ago I found this sweet cross stitch at the Goodwill. It is so delicate , feminine and framed perfectly.  

My daughter gave me my 1st piece of Rae Dunn -a stack of faux books. So sweet and cute. 


My  dear friend, PJ sent me this darling Bent Creek chart called "Love You Mom. " This is going to be one of my starts for the week. 

       

I think this would be so pretty displayed with pictures of family members by it. 

One of the gifts that Mr. Pinker gave me for Mother's Day was this collection of thimbles. I have a pretty good collection of thimbles which I need to share with you sometime.  He got this at a little antique shop. I still need to clean it up a bit, and then find the perfect place to display it. 

 I have red white and blue on my mind. How about you? Have you started working on patriotic crafts. 

The other night , I went down to the toy room and pulled out a lot of patriotic decor. I came out with an arm load. Mr. Pinker looked up , smiled, and then nodded. He knew I was on a patriotic decorating mission.

I could not wait to display this darling vintage hankie , gifted to me by sweet, Gwen.  Thank you so much, Gwen; I will treasure this piece. 

Isn't that Scottie so precious? This piece reminds me of my Nanny . She  appliqued a small Scottie dog quilt when she was young. I am thinking I would like to applique a Scottie dog quilt in patriotic colors to go along with the hankie. Wouldn't that be darling? 

 I pulled out my antique pug sewing pin cushion to display near the hankie.( Is this a pug? I am not sure, but it is so cute. . Lol)  


 

Last Monday, I was waiting on pins and needles for Lisa Bongean to release Clue # 2 in the Oh Say Can You Sew Quilt along.  Clue # 1 was given last month- 31 teensy weensy nine patches.

My mind whirled with possibilites - Would it be red and white nine patches, half square triangles, red and white stripes? Oh, what did she have up her sleeve?  -It was 31 super cute hourglass blocks !!! I will continue working on these today. 

 Clue #2 is available until the 1st Monday of June- that is when we will receive Clue # 3. This is a free quilt along as long as you get the clue during the given allotted time. 

What's the Plans for the Week?  Well....

๐ŸŒž1. Work on my Summer Days quilt blocks. 

Sneak peek at how they are coming along. 

๐ŸŒž 2. Continue working on Oh, Say Can You Sew Quilt Along. 

๐ŸŒž 3. Fully finish Hinzeit's Love Bees. 

๐ŸŒž 4. Ball games. This is the last week at the ball park for awhile.

๐ŸŒž 5. I plan on being a Happy Camper . We are going camping later in the week. 

Well this is my ramblings for the day. Thank you, my friends for stopping by. I hope you have a wonderful and blessed week and as always...


Happy quilting and stitching, ya'll

Melisa
It's Monday ! Do not forget to shine!


A farm display is not complete without a little John Deere tractor sent to me by Gwen.   Mr. Pinker can not have this John Deere. Lol.

Hugs and Stitches!!! ๐Ÿค—❤๐Ÿงต


Dedicated to my dear sister, Amy. Love and miss you. 



  I am joining these lovely ladies' link parties. I hope you check them out; they always have so many wonderful projects going on and provide the opportunity for other needle workers to meet.  


Kate at Life in Pieces for  Stitching Stuff ( Sunday) 

Cynthia at Quilting is More Fun Than Housework for Oh Scrap - Sunday 

Beth at Love Laugh Quilt  for Monday Making

Judy at Small Quilts Doll Quilts for Design Wall Monday
Linda at Texas Quilt Gal for To Do List Tuesday - Tuesday

13 comments:

  1. Thimbleville is so cute! Love,love, love.
    I lost Oh Say...I can sew - part 1,what a pit. I am sure you will make a beautiful patriotic quilt.
    Love the Churn Dash block for Summer Days, Melisa.
    Have a happy new week and good luck with your goals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much , Ivani. I was quite surprised with the Thimbleville gift. It is fun to receive a such collection . I am enjoying the Oh Say can you Sew QAL . I have a lot of hour glass blocks to go .lol. Happy quilting.

      Delete
  2. Mr. Pinker did good, and so did your daughter. I love Rae Dunn. Your projects are so sweet, especially love the Summer Days blocks. Isn't it sweet to rescue a piece of someone's discarded cross stitch or embroidery? Your displays are so attractive!
    Thank you for linking to To Do Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Linda. I was proud of Mr. Pinker and he even got me present early this year. Lol. I agree it is joy to rescue pieces of needlework. I feel sad for the maker but am always glad the piece has found a home with me. Have a wonderful week.

      Delete
  3. Some lovely additions to your displays. Oh Say Can You Sew is going to be fun! I am always drawn to patriotic themes too! I need to get another Xstitch small in the works. I never will fill the dough bowl is I don't work at it! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Judy. Lol. it is always a good time for a new start. I absolutely love anything patriotic related. I think the Oh Say Can you Sew is going to be a lot of fun. I can not wait for clue #3. Have a fabulous week.

      Delete
  4. I've been wanting to join in on Lisa's QAL, just don't have the time right now. Hope it stays up though. Maybe I can still get one in before the 4th? (Not quite fair when I'll know what it is by then, I guess!) You're off to a good start!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is my first time joining, Lisa in her QAL . So far it has been a lot of fun. I know what you mean though- so many projects so little time. Lol. I hope you squeeze in a fun patriotic piece soon. Happy quilting.

      Delete
  5. Hi,
    Lots of pretties. I really like your Cross stitch. Your Summer Days block is
    really cute. I've thought of doing a seasonal embroidery quilt. Thanks for
    the idea. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Sherrie. You are so kind. I bet you would come up with something awesome for a seasonal embroidery quilt. I hope you decide to do one soon. Have a great week . Happy quilting.

      Delete
  6. Love the way you're setting the Summer Days blocks! They will make a sweet quilt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Diann. I think the Churn Dash is one of my favorites. I am getting very excited working on it. Have a great week and happy quilting.

      Delete
  7. I love the churn dash setting for the blocks!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Chicks and Bunnies Easter Hutch Tour