Monday, May 16, 2022

Getting er' Done and a Patriotic Itty Bitty Freebie


Well, a great big HOWDY, ya'll!!!! Welcome, sweetie pies. Please come on in and and sit a spell.

How was your weekend? I am sure very busy. Mr. Pinker and I had a very relaxing camping trip. On Saturday night, we even got to hear a bit of karoke at the pavillion. Quite entertaining, and kuddos to all who participated!👏👏 How fun! But no not this gal, I did not dream of joining in.

No quilt tops were found on this camping trip, but I did get this Amercian Patchwork and Quilting book for just fifty cents. It was published in 1985.

Look at this gorgeous Churn Dash quilt.


And love this big hexi quilt.


I also purchased Need' L Love's "Meadow Threads" and Art to Heart's "Acorn Hollow" . Lots of cutie patootie projects in these books too.

So what is on the design wall today? Well, I finished stitching another one of my blocks that I am working on for my sister. This one is called "Run Like the Wind" . Amy was always on the move that is for sure.
I hope to design a new one today. I will probably share these later on down the line when I have more of them made.

Still more hour glass blocks need to be constructed for Lisa Bongean's Oh Say Can You Sew QAL.
Clue 2 is available for a few more weeks for free and then Clue 3 will be given. Don't forget to check out her Youtube as well.

I am thinking it is time for another Patriotic Wordie Bowl Filler . What do ya' think? I have loads of scrap aida that just needs to whittled down into a pretty projects.

Today's Patriotic Wordie is "America" .
Click here for the jpg chart. ( Sorry the chart is so wonky! I was off when scanning)

I haven't stitched this one yet . So another project to put on the agenda.

If you missed the last one . It was called Freedom A Patriotic Wordie Bowl Filler.

Freedom paired with one of Blackbird Design's Emily Strawberry. 

Wednesday I plan to do a patriotic parade of some of my previous freebies that is if the good  Lord is willing and the creek don't rise. 

Have you written out your goals for the week?  I bet you are going to be as busy as a bee.  


Did I Get er' Done?   Well.... Last week's goals were: 

✅1. Work on my Summer Days quilt blocks. 



✅ 2. Continue working on Oh, Say Can You Sew Quilt Along. 

✅ 3. Fully finish Hinzeit's Love Bees.  Eeh ! My dear friend, PJ gifted me this chart.  Thank you so much PJ.  I loved every stitch. ❤🤗

✅ 4. Ball games. This is the last week at the ball park for awhile.

✅ 5. I plan on being a Happy Camper . We are going camping later in the week. 


💃💃💃💃 OH, yes I did Get ' er done! Now will I be as productive this week . Fingers crossed. 

What's the Plans for the Week?  Well....

🌞1. Work on my Summer Days quilt blocks. 

🌞 2. Continue working on Oh, Say Can You Sew Quilt Along. 

🌞 3. Truckin' Along Tuesday- New start. 

🌞 4. Work on a new Bee cross stitch. 

🌞 5. Work on Butterfly quilt

Well this is my ramblings for the day. Thank you, my friends for stopping by. I hope you have a wonderful and blessed week and as always...


Happy quilting and stitching, ya'll

Melisa
A smile is the shortest distance between two people!

Hugs and Stitches!!! 🤗❤🧵


Dedicated to my dear sister, Amy. Love and miss you. 



  I am joining these lovely ladies' link parties. I hope you check them out; they always have so many wonderful projects going on and provide the opportunity for other needle workers to meet.  


Kate at Life in Pieces for  Stitching Stuff ( Sunday) 

Cynthia at Quilting is More Fun Than Housework for Oh Scrap - Sunday 

Beth at Love Laugh Quilt  for Monday Making

Judy at Small Quilts Doll Quilts for Design Wall Monday
Linda at Texas Quilt Gal for To Do List Tuesday - Tuesday


10 comments:

  1. Melisa your projects are so pretty and fun. Thank you for the cross stitch pattern! I love your bowl fillers. I've always enjoyed the older quilting books and magazines - that looks like a good one. I like the churn dash with the churns farther apart like that. I recently purchased an older quilt book and just love looking through it.
    Thank you for sharing with To Do Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Linda. I agree. I enjoy the older quilt books too and try to add to my collection when I can. I find so much inspiration in them and love it when they include hand quilting designs that I can use. Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  2. Fun little finds--and easily brought up to current styles. I love that churn dashes are coming back. Good luck with your to-do's!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Cheree. I do love the older books and the country look and these were great thrifty finds. Have a great weekend. Happy quilting.

      Delete
  3. That is a lot of work for the mystery, eh? I've been trimming the hourglass blocks all week long it seems... almost done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol it has been , Kathy. I thought I had all of my blocks completed until I went to count. Back to the sewing machine. Lol . Have a great weekend. Hope you get them all trimmed soon.

      Delete
  4. Hi,
    Love all your projects...I really like your Summer Days project...it will be beautful
    when finished. Cute embroidery blocks for your sister. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Sherrie. I finally got another block drawn for my sister and I plan to work on the embroidery this weekend. It is one that I am taking my time on as I reflect. Have a great weekend. Hugs.

      Delete
  5. Your new America stitchery looks sweet and quick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Vicki. It stitched up in whip. Now I need to fully finish it. Have an awesome weekend. Hugs

      Delete

Popular Posts

Chasing Butterflies