Blog Archive

Saturday, February 5, 2022

All My Friends Are Doing It - Ewe Have My Heart - Valentine Freebie

 It is another beautiful day. Happy Saturday, sugar pies. Well  let me tell you another little tale. 


Last night I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off. I had seen so many dear stitchers on Instagram having these marathon finishing days. So I asked myself "Can I do that?" Ummmmm!  Maybe I thought.

  Since I have no particular "Finishing area" I ran here and there and everywhere to get my finishing supplies before settling into the living room. "Let the finishing begin", I said. 

 Now just as I started to cut my fabric, Mr. Pinker came leisurely walking in . ( Do hubbies have  radar that tells them to enter right when you are very busy doing something? Hmmm I don't know. )  

 "Whatcha working on?"he asked. 

" I'm trying to fully finish this cross stitch piece." I happily said as I folded the fabric over the mat board. 

"Hmmph ! Another house?" he asked. "I bet I can count 50 house stitches in here, "Mr. Pinker said  with a mischievous gleam in his eyes as he scanned the buffet where mind you there were only 6 houses. Lol! 


"No silly, it is not a house! It is a Valentine's stitch. " With great pride, I showed him my stitch. 

 Mr. Pinker smiled sweetly and said "Cute, but darling, we need to have a talk. " 

"What ?" I asked in confusion.

 "Well, not only do you have a house stitching problem, " he said as he gave the buffet a second  glance, " But I think you have an obsession with stitching sheep too!  "

                    

 Oh boy,  I thought . I rolled my eyes; I think he forgot my obsession with stitching chickens too.  "Well all my friends are stitching sheep so I am too!" ( lol Sorry, I had to bring you into it. Come on .You will back me want you? ) 

 "Ok. Ok.  Whatever makes you happy , my dear,"  said Mr . Pinker .  I think he realized you don't mess with a girl and her stitching. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜„

"Just look at this little gal. Isn't she darling? "  I asked sweetly. "You never can have too many ewes." 

            


He just grinned and nodded in agreement. Mr. Pinker knows I am a like a dog with a bone if I like something.   He didn't see that I have a couple more sheep in the works. Lol.      

Now tell me  for those who have followed me for awhile - Do you think I need an intervention? πŸ˜πŸ˜€πŸ‘πŸ πŸ”

With that, the  finishing marathon ended. Two cross stitches  fully completed though I am only showing you one for now. I was happy! 

This is "Ewe Have My Heart." Yep that's 2 that I have named "Ewe Have My Heart . The other is  "Ewe Have My Heart- 1869 Crock"

  I finished this little stitch on a plaque that I got at the Dollar Tree. 

The black and white gingham  finishing fabric was actually a pair of pants that I cut up.

 If you would like to stitch Ewe Have My Heart,  just check out the links below.  

Many of you know , but I always like to leave this little disclaimer.  

I stitch my little designs for fun and to decorate my home. I feel very blessed by this community and love sharing my little charts, but I am not a professional designer. And I do not have professional software. Thank you for understanding that I  have to put each page on separate links because of the devices I use. I apologize for that.  These are images of the chart and not downloads.  And I am always grateful for your kind encouragement , your visits, and stitching my little designs. 


Click here for the instruction page. 



Click here for the charts.


Now tell me do you have something that you like to create or collect a lot of ? I bet some of you do.  

              

Before you leave, you know that I always like to tell you how much I appreciate your sweet visits, your kind words  and for all the encouragement  and support that you give me. You are the best. Have a wonderful weekend , and as always...

Happy stitching, ya'll,

Melisa

Love is all ewe need!!

Hugs and Stitches!!

Dedicated to my dear sister , Amy who loved all animals. 


22 comments:

  1. Love the pattern. Thank you very much !

    ReplyDelete
  2. No intervention needed! I love the ewes, houses and chickens. I love bees too and I adore your new patterns. Thanks for another adorable Valentine’s pattern. I like this better than the one I am working on now! May have to shift gears.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Intervention for you? no way! I collect owls, hummingbirds, santas and your sweet little creations! I may need an intervention, at 78 I will never stitch everything I have collected over the years. You must have been up exceptionally early this morning, I returned from my walk at 6am and you were here waiting for me to read with my coffee, love it. Hugs from Arizona

    ReplyDelete
  4. Intervention? I think we need a retirement community or "rest home" as intervention so we can all stitch together! Just keep us supplied! LOL!
    This is darling - I think I'll stitch it and then have dh guess what it says...;-)
    Blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nope, no intervention needed! My motto -- stitch what makes you happy. Happy Saturday, Melisa!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all the sheep, all the chickens and houses! I love all your patterns, just can't stitch them fast enough. LOL I think Mr. Pinker enjoys all the cross stitch. πŸ˜€

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not gonna get a complaint from me, your patterns are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Soooooo cute, I love anything with sheep, houses, hearts and chickens. Your little stitcheries are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anyone who collects doesn't think it is an obsession! I have collected snowmen for years☃️! There are worse things to spend money on!

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is too cute, Melisa! Thanks for sharing your design. I'm off to see if I have some Aida cloth for it. Haven't done any cross-stitch in ages, but I'm going to have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh so sweet! I love your designs! Thank you so much for always sharing your talents with all of us. You are such a blessing to us. It's always fun to drop by your place and see what you are making. You are truly a bright light of sunshine. Wishing you a day full of many blessings sweet friend. : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha @ intervention. There's no such thing as too many stitched sheep, chickens or houses. Thank you, Melissa for sharing another sweet design with us.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such darling work, Melissa. No intervention needed....haha. I am new here and I was wondering if you would share how you make your darling bows? Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hola.amiga. es adorable tu trabajo. Gracias por este bello regalo
    A hug!
    Dianet de parcheadeamor blog

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adorable cette grille ,merci beaucoup !
    Bon dimanche

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous! I couldn't resist this cute pair, thanks so much for sharing your beautiful designs with us all. No intervention needed, I think us cross stitchers all have our faves that we love to gather. I'm a big fan of any animals but especially cat designs and I seem to gather them far quicker than I could stitch them! Happy stitching to you xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for the freebie. I too like to design/stitch with houses and I also like to add quilts. I love the variety of finishes that you've completed. Especially how you used that dollar store item.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The next time Mr. Pinker makes an unfavorable comment about your stitched sheep, remind him that they don't require tending. They don't need feeding. Or cleaning up after (as in pens or barns). Perhaps he's hinting that you should have a flock of real sheep. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think you are just awesome! Do what you love because we love it too! Thank you for sharing your wonderful designs with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is an adorable freebie, Melisa--thank you! And I love that your husband takes an interest in your stitching--can't say the same here! Take care and have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  22. No intervention necessary. You are a normal stitcher, and sheep and houses are wonderful, especially yours. =)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Chasing Butterflies