Blog Archive

Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Country Clutter Episode- Valentine Hutch Tour

 It is another episode of Pinker n' Punkin's Country Clutter. 😀 

                  

 Good morning , sweet friends. Come on in, grab a glass of tea and let's take a look at my country clutter . This time on the hutch! Last month, I was dreaming of a new theme for my hutch for February. Last year my hutch looked like this.  A farm theme but with reds and Jadeite. 

                

You can visit that post by clicking here.  

This year, I wanted a Valentine's Farm Hutch but without the Jadeite. So I began pulling out stitching and anything red and farm related. Boy ,how I wish this hutch was a lot bigger. You know where I am going with that don't you? Lol. . 


I left the vintage lace valences that I repurposed as shelf runners and added in my Dollar Tree red plates and strawberry plates. 

The beautiful prim homespun hearts hanging on my hutch was a gift from a dear friend, Patricia. It will stay out year round. I already envision it on my hoosier.  

              



Now to the top shelf which is crammed full. 


I pulled out one of my big ceramic chicks and placed it on top of a vintage Fire king mug. In the white cream pitcher is a Walmart bottle brush tree.  The red pitcher is from the Goodwill. 


On top of the ceramic candle holder was my Ewe Have My Heart- 1869 Crock  that I shared last year. 


 It is finished on a Dollar Tree round paper mache box.  


  "The Greatest Give is Love" is from Lizzie Kate and was in the Just Cross Stitch 2001 Christmas edition. I finished mine into a pin pillow and tucked it into the creamer. Next to it is Hands on Design Year in Chalk- February which is finished on a thrift store plaque.


Hopping down to the 2nd shelf.  Oh , glorious reds!!!!


On top of my thrifted plates is Nanny's old coffee canister . It is missing the "C" .😲 😏 On top of it is a vintage strawberry man. The Valentine cross stitch is a freebie from the Primitive Hare and is available on her blog in the February 2, 2012 post. 


Sweet Patricia made this gorgeous dish cloth. The photo does not do it justice. There are hearts knitted in it. So stinking cute!!!  I love it!!!


Ya'll know I have an obsession with lots and lots of things. But nesting chicken candy dishes is one of them. I purchased this one years ago at the Cracker Barrel.  I have a string of Christmas lights behind it which really makes the glass glow . It is so pretty in person. 


Pulled out my Pioneer Woman salt and pepper shakers.


With thy Needle and Thread's Holiday Hoopla Valentines' Day is finished on a rough piece of wood. 



Hopping down to the bottom shelf. 


The vintage juicer has a yellow doily, in a Dollar Tree red bowl. Inside the bowl is some Pioneer Woman measuring spoons from the Goodwill and a small stitch where I used a scrap of aida and stitched 3 hearts into a teeny pin pillow. You know I can not stand to get rid of those teeny pieces of cloth. Lol. 


Roses, Hearts and Chickens  is next to the juicer . I turned the box on the side and Annie and the gang fell off so it is just propped by the box right now. On top of the box is more salt and pepper shakers.  Dear Kate gifted me the rooster tea bag holder and the gorgeous vintage embroidered rooster napkin under my scale which is in a previous photo. 


 My sister gifted me the salt and pepper shakers ( another obsession of mine)


A milk glass nesting candy dish is nestled in Granny's enamelware pan. The pan is sitting in a berry wreath which is in a Dollar General ceramic pie plate. 


On my vintage scale is the same small bowls gifted to me by my sister.


In the bowl is a 2020 Heart in Hand freebie called "Always" . It may have been in one of her newsletters. I am not sure if it is still available or not. I have not found it. 


I finished "Always in a metal butter dish that I painted white. 


That's all folks!!!😀❤😀 
I meant to share my Valentine's hutch earlier ,but  better late than never. Lol. I will be keeping it up for at least another week and then the St. Patty's Day decor will come out. It is going to be hard to say good bye to the reds, but oh well, they can come back in April  or May for strawberry season. 

      

Thank you for the sweet Tuesday visit, my friends. I hope you have a very lovely day and as always...
Happy stitching and decorating, ya'll. 
Melisa

Love is a great beautifier- Louisa May Alcott. 

Hugs and Stitches!!!

Dedicated to my sweet sister , Amy. I miss you with all my heart. 💞❤

20 comments:

  1. I keep looking at all the things you made or collected. Love them !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Annelies. I have been collecting quite awhile, but have been stitching just a few years. It is so much fun pulling all of the pieces together. It brightens my day to look at all of it. I hope you have a fabulous day and thank you again for such a lovely compliment. Hugs

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Gretchen. It certainly brings me joy and I have some good memories attached with some of the pieces. Have a great week. Happy quilting.

      Delete
  3. I love "clutter" as evidenced by my decorations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol a girl after my own heart. The more the better is my motto. Lol. As long as it brings joy I don't see anything wrong with enjoying a collection Thank you so much, Carol. Happy collecting and decorating. Hugs.

      Delete
  4. You have the most fun things - I love seeing them! I'm still stitching on Ewe Have My Heart, but getting close!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeeh! I'm excited to hear that you are stitching Ewe have My Heart , Diann. I hope that you are enjoying it. Thank you so much for the sweetest compliment on my hutch. Lol I love that clutter. Happy stitching and quilting. Hugs

      Delete
  5. Your edition of the Valentine Hutch looks fabulous, Melisa. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Robin. I have really enjoyed this month's hutch display. I am already dreaming of next month's. Lol. Happy stitching, Hugs.

      Delete
  6. What fun finds and beautiful makes in your Valentine hutch, Melisa! I think you need to find another very soon the way you create and gather special treasures :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol thank you so much, Carol. I think you need to tell that to my hubby. He always says "Where will we put it?" Lol I think I could squeeze it in somewhere though. Have a great rest of the week , dear friend and happy stitching.

      Delete
  7. I think my favorite piece is the lovely red nesting chicken and I love "the greatest gift is LOVE" piece. Wonderful hutch clutter, thanks for letting us take a little gander at your sweet pieces of love. Have a wonderful week and looking forward to St. Pat's decor to come. Hugs form Arizona.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Mary. That hen is one of my favorite's too. I found a jadeite one last year. They are fun to search out. Hope you have been having a great week and made some progress in your gardens this past weekend. It is slowly warming up here. Hugs.

      Delete
  8. Loved looking at all those wonderful things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Liz. I am so honored. Your displays and photos are always so sweet and lovely. I am truly touched. Have a wonderful week , my dear. Happy stitching. Hugs .

      Delete
  9. Just love seeing all your beautiful finds. Thanks so much for the hutch tour. Always look forward to your posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you just made my night, Robin. Thank you so much for the lovely and uplifting compliment. I have really enjoyed this month's hutch decor. I am dreaming of St. Patrick's day decor now. Lol. It will be here in no time. Have a great rest of the week. Happy stitching. Hugs.

      Delete
  10. Thank you for showing us your lovely Valentine's display. So pretty. I just love visiting with you! I smiled when I saw the barn with "blessed" across the front...that's how I always feel when I visit with you, blessed because of all your kindness. ((hugs)). Wishing you a day full of joy and many blessings. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, dear . You always bring a smile to my day .I hope you are having a wonderful week so far. I know you are staying busy. Sending you hugs and blessings. Happy stitching.

      Delete

Popular Posts

Chicks and Bunnies Easter Hutch Tour