Blog Archive

Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Miss Cheap Skate Strikes Again- Love Note

    Good Wednesday morning, sweetie pies. One more Valentine stitch to share and then I am off to new stitches. I am dreaming of spring stitches.What about you?

Let me introduce to you Love Note Stamp .

It is the same size as the other stamps that I have shared in the past. It is a simple little love note with a hug and a kiss.


So the other night I was searching in my stash for some pink aida. Oh, bummer !- Not any so off to the cabinet I went . The next plan of action was Rit dye. Bummer again ! No pink dye! 😏

What to do I asked. Well I grabbed the bottle of Cherry Red Rit dye and went to town.


After a quick skinny dip into the Rit dye, my 14 count aida hopped out of the steaming brew and begged to be rinsed out .

"Oh sweet aida, you are not the color that I had hoped for, but you will do. " I said. Then I stuck that baby in front of the fan and waited on pins and needles for it to dry so I could stitch my little Love Notes.

Soon I was stitching like the wind and in a couple of hours Wahlah!!! It was done!!!

But now for the finish I thought. " Use what you got", I told myself .

"Hey over here !" called out my Dollar Tree tray which held my Winter Stamp on it.


"Well Hello there , good looking. Yes you will do ", I told the tray .

A Dollar Tree tray for finishing. 

And in a blink of an eye Winter Stamp was booted and sent to live in the Winter bins for a few month.

Now I would like to say that I easily removed Winter Stamp because I had used magnets like all of you sweet stitchers do, but oh no. I am keeping it real- I used packaging tape to attach my finish to the tray. 😲

                

Hey, it worked!

So I sprinted to the my basket of tapes, and with rip and a fold, "Love Note" was finished on the tray. I can remove it next month and put something in its place. Plus I saved some moolah. Miss Cheap Skate strikes again .

If you are interested in Love Notes , just check out the links below.
Click here for Instruction page.

Click here for Colored Chart.


Click here for Black/White chart.




I am so happy that you stopped in for a visit today and thank you so much for not calling the cross stitch police on me for my finishing hacks. You know what that means - Miss Cheapskate is free to strike another day.😀😁 . Have a fabulous day my friends and as always...

Happy Stitching, ya'll

Melisa

Start the day with a smile.

Hugs and Stitches!!!

Dedicated to my dear sweet sister, Amy. Love you.




21 comments:

  1. Thank you for the lovely stamp ! Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Annelies for the sweet visit. I hope you enjoy the little stamp. I hope to make another one for springtime soon. Happy stitching.

      Delete
  2. Use what you have! Great way to improvise. Thank you for the darling pattern. Hope to stitch it soon. Happy Stitching ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Christina. It certainly makes one think and sometimes become creative when they use what they have. I hope you enjoy the little design and Happy stitching.

      Delete
  3. It’s great to be frugal. I like to think of us crafters as MacGyvers, we can fix any situation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol thank you so much, Lesley. You just made me giggle. I loved watching MacGyver. Happy stitching.

      Delete
  4. Thank you for this little stamp! It is so cute. I like reusing things we already own - and especially Dollar Store finds!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much , Brenda. I am exactly the same way. I am a thrifty gal. The Dollar tree and Dollar General always have cute things to use for finishing. Have a great weekend and happy stitching.

      Delete
  5. This is so adorable, Melisa! Well done on using what you have! I think you could give MacGyver a run for his money.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol thank you so much, Robin.Now if I can be as quick thinking as MacGyver. Lol. Happy stitching. Hugs.

      Delete
  6. Adorable! Thank you. I love that you dyed your own aida. Wishing yo a most lovely day sweet friend. Blessings always. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, dear. I was pleased how it came out. It is always a hit or a miss. But I am definitely going to be on the look out for some pink Rit dye for future projects. Have a very blessed day. Hugs.

      Delete
  7. Merci pour ce joli petit modèle, bonne journée de Champagne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much ,dear. I was so pleased to get it stitched and finished. I hope you have a very lovely day as well. Happy stitching.

      Delete
  8. Creatively inventive!! Why buy new when we/you have so many lovely little props that will work just fine. I get inspiration from you on how to finish, so please, keep the ideas coming our way. Have a beautiful day, I didn't finish my yard but it is not as warm today, it is only at 56*, so I will have to work twice as fast to keep warm, LOL! Hugs from Arizona.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, dear Mary. I am like you my home is small and I have plenty that I can reuse and try to save the space. I guess that is why I like all of the smalls. That is a drop in temps from yesterday. It was in the 60's here today and I followed your lead and weeded in the garden. It felt so good to be out. But still lots more to do. You will get your garden weeded and ready for spring planting in no time. Big hugs.

      Delete
  9. My last note disappeared! (computer challenged) Creatively inspired, you have such lovely little props that it would be a shame not to reuse them. I have a small home and not a lot of storage, so I am always looking for ideas of how to reuse frames, trays and lil what-nots. You are an inspiration to me and for that I am grateful. Have a wonderful stitchy day, hugs from Arizona.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that you reuse the tray for different seasons. What a great idea both economically and storage wise. I love how you finished that stamp.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Cathie. It certainly makes finishing and storing it a lot easier. I hope to create another spring stamp to go with the tray here soon. Thank you again for the sweet visit . hugs.

      Delete
  11. That's so L❤VELY!!!
    Thank you for all your beautiful patterns!!!
    Much L❤OVE
    Manu

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

All Is Well That Ends Well Monday