Blog Archive

Friday, February 4, 2022

Hold On to Your Bloomers

Good morning, sweet stitchy  friends. Welcome.  


Last Friday night I was dreaming- dreaming of rainbows and quilting.


  As soon as I woke up on Saturday, I  ran to the computer like a kid on Christmas morning to see what would this month's Rainbow Scrap Challenge color would be.  

Then I read the colors- teal or aqua marine.😳 Hmmm! This is going to be a challenge . Woo hoo! Bring it on! 

Then I began to skip to  the Quilt Nest -day dreaming  of the lovely colors of the ocean. Then I stopped mid skip and exclaimed to no one in particular " Oh No!  I do not have many of those colors in my stash at all!!!" What to do ? What to do? , I thought.   Will I be able to meet the challenge? Beads of sweat began to form on my forehead as I pondered this question. 

 I entered into the quilt nest eyes wide open scanning. "Yoo Hoo!" I chimed, " Are there any teals or aqua marine fabrics in here? " Complete silence except for a lone cricket. 



 I scanned the first shelf then the 2nd. Nothing! Third and fourth. Nadda!!!!

That's it I thought! I am diving into the bins!  "Hold onto your bloomers !"  I told myself. 




First bin - no teals. Second bin - no aqua marines. I'm diving down deep into the next bin. Fortunately, it was a good ole' trusty  bin of fabric from the Goodwill . "Yee Haw! " , I  screamed in glee. Happy teals and aqua marines danced their way into my greedy little  hands, and off I went skipping in glee  to the house to play with my scraps.

 But ... the sweet little bundle of scraps made it as far as the table ,and there they sat all week  smirking at me - just waiting - mind you for some action. Well that did not take place until yesterday.  "Ok you guys are you ready to play? " I asked my sweet little scraps. 

"Yes!" , they screamed. "What has taken you so long? "

          

Which color jumped into my happy hands first? None other than the Aqua Marine scraps. With a clip and a snip , I soon had a pretty little bowl cut out . Other happy colors even joined the party.  And Wah Lah!  A wonky posy bowl block .

 Two blocks down and more to go. "Uh hu! Oh yeah!  I'm doing the scrappy dance!!!"💃💃💃 

Later as I waited in the school pick up line, I began quilting a freebie from Temecula Quilt Company called  Box of Chocolates 

 By night's end, guess what? Yes! I was doing the scrappy dance again . I finished the quilting and binding.

                     

 "I am on a roll !"I cheered. I rewarded myself by starting a new cross stitch. 

Can I roll on today and complete it? I sure hope so.  Thank you sweetie pies for stopping by for a visit and as always...

Happy quilting and stitching, ya'll

Melisa 

P. S. Don't you forget- you are fabulous!!!  Hope you are happy dancing your day into a spectacular weekend. - Hugs!

Challenges are what makes life interesting. 

Hugs and Stitches!!!

Dedicated to my sweet sister, Amy who always was up for a challenge. Love ya. 

I am joining these lovely ladies' link parties. I hope you check them out; they always have so many wonderful projects going on and provide the opportunity for other needleworkers to meet. 

Kelly at My Quilt Infatuation for Needle and Thread Thursday- Thursday

Alycia's of  Alycia's Quilts for Finished of Not Friday

Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict  for Can I Get a Whoop Whoop-Friday

Rebecca Grace at Rebecca Grace Quilting for TGIFF- Friday

Michelle  at From Bolt to Beauty for Beauty Pageant  - Friday

Wendy at Wendy's Quilts for Peacock Party - Friday 

Frederique at  Applique Patchwork Quilting   for Patchwork & Quilts     - Saturday

Angela of  So Scrappy  for Scrap Happy Saturday

24 comments:

  1. Your bowl is lovely, so is your new little heart quilt. Do you follow Jo's Junction? She just had a post about cross stitching that had links to a lot of Valentine freebies. I thought of you immediately, you could stitch them up so fast. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Gretchen. I will definitely have to visit Jo's lovely blog and see all of her pretties. I always love being enabled into another project. Lol. Happy quilting

      Delete
  2. Love the teal bowl!! Isn’t it fun to find what you need, already hiding in the stash? You are a busy little bee! I love your posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Penny. I was so glad to find some fabrics for the challenge. I hope they will get me through the month.Lol. Have a great weekend and happy stitching.

      Delete
  3. Such lovely Valentine pretties! What is the scrap challenge you speak of?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Meari for the sweet visit and lovely compliment. Angela at So Scrappy hosts a Rainbow Scrap Challenge each year encouraging quilters to dig into those scraps. Each month she gives a specific color to play with . It is a lot of fun . I hope that you will check her out. Have a very lovley weekend.

      Delete
  4. What a pretty heart mini quilt, Melisa! Glad you were able to find your teals/aquamarines for the challenge. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was tickled to complete this little quilt and over the moon to be able to find some scraps to play with. I hope to piece some more blocks this weekend. Thank you so much, Robin. Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  5. Ohhh love those colors! I love it when your scraps talk to you. Looking forward to seeing your cross stitch finish, too. Your lovely quilts and projects always make me smile. OK, I had to giggle at the " ladies on beach must wear bloomers" sign. All I have to say to follow that is, "My goodness". Hope you have a lovely day full of many blessings sweet friend. Thank you again for all your prayers. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, dear. The colors in the posy quilt certainly make me smile. Lol. I got a kick out of the sign too. It was a lot of fun to look at the vintage bathing suits online too. Have a blessed weekend, my dear. Big hugs.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Aaah you are so kind, Joanne. Thank you so much for not only the sweet visit but for warming my heart. Happy stitching.

      Delete
  7. That was fun reading on the adventure to find the RSC colors hiding in your stash. Cute posy bowl block.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol thank you so much, Deb. I was sweating it there for a moment. Thank goodness those little scraps peeked out for me to use. Happy quilting.

      Delete
  8. Great post Melisa. I love your posy bowl blocks. Have a lovely weekend. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah you are so kind, Chrisitne. Thank you so much. I had a ball appliqueing the posy bowl block .I can not wait to add more. Have a blessed weekend and happy quilting and stitching.

      Delete
  9. Holy cow, those little flower bowls are so cheerful! Perfect for mid-winter. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So happy you found some teal! I was running low too after I made a queen size quilt (in teal!) last year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet little bowl of posies. Looks like you still have plenty of teal scraps with which to play. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your posy bowls are just adorable! What a fun quilt they're going to make!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh well, for sure it was an adventure to find aqua fabrics, but it was worth it ;) I love your pretty basket, and cute flowers!
    Thank you for sharing your fun post, and linking up today!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on coming up with some AQUA/TEAL scraps for the RSC and congrats on your sweet little quilt finish, too!! Your post was SEW darling this week. LOVE that you kept digging to find what you needed to use in this month's block! Your persistence paid off.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh!! I was holding my breath to see what you could find... and hopefully not fall into the bins!!! Your teals are lovely - as is your Teal bowl!!! TO Cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your teal bowl of happy flowers is lovely...and such fun. The teal fabric you found is pretty. I would have no trouble finding a truckload of teals and aquas in my stash. =)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

All Is Well That Ends Well Monday