Monday, January 18, 2021

"Luv Ewe" A Barnyard Valentine Freebie

 Happy  Tuesday ! A few nights ago,  I was laying in bed and thinking about a quilt that I am stalled on. It is a sheep quilt which is  appliqued. This quilt was started  last year but came to an abrupt stop when a squirrel passed my way, and I began a new project. 

                                    

 As I was pondering on what should be my next quilt block,  all of a sudden two sheep holding a banner flashed in my head. No not as a quilt block but as a cross stitch. After stewing over it for a day, I finally decided to chart  the sheep .

                    

 Since it is nearing Valentine's,  I thought why not add some hearts and the banner  should say "LOVE". Then I thought " If I have the sheep, I have to add some chickens."

                

 Now the hen and rooster could not be out done by the "banner toting sheep" so they had to have a banner as well. Theirs is just one big heart.


 My heart is leaping over this Barnyard Valentine.  
I bet you have figured out that I am drawn to smalls. This one measures 55 W x 37 H. I stitched mine on 14 count tea/coffee dyed aida which brought the measurement to 3 7/8" x 2 5/8" . See not big at all-  but big on cuteness - or at least in my eyes. 

I used  only 6 DMC floss colors; they include blanc, 310, 782, 3345, 223, and 221. 

I finished mine into a little pillow with some homespun and vintage lace. 

If you would like to stitch this little Barnyard Valentine, just check out the pdfs below. I'm not tech savvy so each page is put on a separate page and unfortunately they may print off light. I apologize. 

For instruction page, click  here 

For colored chart, click  here  . 



For the black and white chart,  click here

After finishing Luv Ewe into a little pillow, I eyed a 5 " scrap piece of white fabric and decided to do a little redwork. I quickly drew out a little sheep and hen, grabbed some DMC 304 and got to work. In less than an hour, I had a Redwork Luv Ewe embroidered using a back stitch.  I then finished it into a little pillow as well. 

Click here for  Luv  Ewe  doodle. 




Thank you so much for checking out my little stitch. Now that these little sheep worked out in cross stitch, I think they will be making an appearance on my sheep quilt.   Have a wonderful day and as always...

Happy stitching, ya'll

Melisa  

Your visits and kind words always bring a smile to my face. Thank you again for spending a little bit of your day with me. I would love to see your stitches. Just tag me on Instagram and use #pinkernpunkinquilting. You can always Direct Message me too.                        


16 comments:

  1. Your counted cross stitch valentine is sew cute! Unfortunately I'm not into cc but I did print off the embroidery pattern. I see a redwork squirrel happening this work, I'll turn mine into a pincushion. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so creative and these are sweet and luvly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i needed a little Valentine cross stitch project! Thanks so much for posting just what I need.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're such a clever girl! Thank you so much for sharing your creative heart ♡

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another adorable pattern! I am trying to stitch up a few Valentine little pin keeps for gifts and my dough bowl and this is a perfect one to add. Thank you Melisa!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Melisa, I love the way your mind works. These are stinkin adorable. You are so talented and I am so glad I found you and all your lovely work. Thanks so much for sharing with us. You have a blessed day.
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love Ewe is adorable, Melisa! Thank you for sharing your creation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cutie, Melisa! I love the way it looks in your bowl in the last photo. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for sharing these adorable designs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Melisa,
    So sweet!! Thanks so much for stopping by!!
    Stay safe, healthy and happy!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Merci pour cette adorable grille

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your sheep pin cushion is adorable, thank you for the patterns I think a little sheep redwork is just what I need.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sweet! I'm going to cross stitch the luv ewe for my valentine. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for the so cute ewe! I love it's primitive look. Your banner with sheep and chickens is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Susan. I really enjoyed working on this one. It stitched up fast too . Hugs

      Delete

Popular Posts

All Is Well That Ends Well Monday