Blog Archive

Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Just Ramblin' Along

 Good afternoon, ya'll.  Mr. Pinker and I enjoying some time at the lake this past weekend. 

                  

Our campsite was right on the water. 

Nice and peaceful . It was even warm enough for shorts though at nights it was quite chilly with  temps in the 20's Thankfully, we had 3 heaters in the camper so we were as snug as a bug in a rug. 

  I quilted and stitched while Mr. Pinker fished in a tournament. 

 I finished this little quilt. Binding is next. 

           

 I also worked on my butterfly blocks ( a quilt in memory of my sister) . Keeping up with the Rainbow Scraps Challenge , I worked on an aqua marine butterfly which  will join the mix. 

 Eeeh!  My blocks are growing.

You know I had to visit a few thrift shops. I came back with a small haul part of which I will share over the next few posts. 

 Sweet dishes and a nesting duck.

 An enamelware pan and a yelloware bowl.

 I purchased 4 vintage aprons. This is one  hanging on my pie safe.

  And Mr. Pinker even purchased me a hand pieced, hand quilted bow tie quilt. Doing the Valentine Happy Dance!!❤💃💃❤ 



I am starting to work on some St. Patrick's Day stitches.

My St. Patty's Trifle that I shared last year. 

 I have started a new Annie and the gang stitch to go with my series.

 If you have missed any of these, just click on the names and you will can revisit those posts.  I hope to have this stitch completed very soon. 

Bees, Blooms and Chickens , Cornstalks , Pumpkins and Chickens , 

Snowflakes, Sledding and Chickens  ,  Roses, Hearts and Chickens ,  Bunnies, Baskets and Chickens  and Stars , Stripes and Chickens .

I also started Threadwork Primitives Lucky Shamrocks. I think it will whip up pretty quickly. 

 I am so happy that you stopped by for a visit. Have a wonderful and blessed day, my friends and as always...

Happy stitching and quilting, ya'll

Melisa

Life's better when you add fresh air, warm campfire, bright stars and smores!!!

Hugs and Stitches!!!

            

29 more day until St. Patrick's Day,  32 days until spring and 312 days until Christmas. Lol.  😃😲



Dedicated to my dear sister, Amy who loved to camp every chance she got. 

I am joining these lovely ladies' link parties. I hope you check them out; they always have so many wonderful projects going on and provide the opportunity for other needleworkers to meet. 

Kelly at My Quilt Infatuation for Needle and Thread Thursday- Thursday

Alycia's of  Alycia's Quilts for Finished of Not Friday

Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict  for Can I Get a Whoop Whoop-Friday

Rebecca Grace at Rebecca Grace Quilting for TGIFF- Friday

Michelle  at From Bolt to Beauty for Beauty Pageant  - Friday

Wendy at Wendy's Quilts for Peacock Party - Friday 

Frederique at  Applique Patchwork Quilting   for Patchwork & Quilts     - Saturday

Angela of  So Scrappy  for Scrap Happy Saturday

 Susan  at  Quilt Fabrication  for  Midweek Makers  - Wednesday

Pat at  Life in  the Scrapatch for Stitch , Sew and Show- Wednesday

Jennifer at Inquiring Quilter for Wednesday  Wait Loss- Wednesday

Denise at For the Love of Geese for Put Your Foot Down- Thursday

16 comments:

  1. Looks like a lovely spot to be having a break. Your hand quilted project is lovely and I just love how your butterfly project is coming along. Yay for thrift store finds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Anorina. It was a wonderful trip. I always come back refreshed . Have a lovely week and happy quilting.

      Delete
  2. Wooooowwww! No snow there!!!! In a camper! Stitching away joyfully! Sounds like such perfect peace! And I adore your butterfly blocks for RSC! How did Mr. do on the fishing tourney? I'm working on my St. Patrick's Day wall hanging, too--want to finish it soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Nancy. We never did get any snow here in the valley, but I sure would have welcomed some. Hubby did not place, but he had a lot of fun . Maybe next time. Lol. Thank you so much for the sweet visit. Happy quilting.

      Delete
  3. Hand quilting by the lake?!?! Could like be any better?!?! I think not!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so wonderful and relaxing , Kathy. I feel so refreshed when I come back from a camping trip. I hope you have a very lovely weekend and thank you for the sweet visit.

      Delete
  4. Your butterfly applique blocks are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Sharon. I am really enjoying them. I bought these butterflies at the Goodwill already cut out. There has to be 100 or more in the bag. I will be making butterfly quilts for awhile. Lol . Have a great weekend and happy quilting.

      Delete
  5. How wonderful, a camping weekend away, stitching, thrift shopping, and a special Valentines gift!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had a lovely vacation near the lake, and enjoying sewing in a beautiful scenery! Pretty butterflies, and these embroideries are adorables!
    Thank you for sharing your happy world, and linking up ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You certainly camp in style in your fabulous camper. What a great spot to stay a while. Those butterflies are coming along and your quilting in the hoop is looking lovely. You were spoilt for Valentine's Day, and so you should be. =) The bow tie quilt was the perfect gift.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the post, I count the days till spring starts. With all the cold and snow, it makes getting through winter easier.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely setting! and it sounds so perfect - you both got to enjoy the beauty and enjoy yourselves!! so... how did the fishing tourney go? My husband has always been interested in trying one

    ReplyDelete
  10. My Mom had a bowl like the brown bowl sitting beside your red enamel bowl. Her bowl had a lid made of the same pottery material. Your bowl is many years old.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How lovely to spend time at a lake, especially when you can get some quilting in too! Love your cross stitch projects and that lovely mini quilt. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I so miss having my 5th wheel parked wherever we wanted to go! I think about buying a 15-17 ft. like an rPod, but really, I'm 75 and have cancer, so maybe not. Maybe if I go into remission, I'll reward myself with a used something. =)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

All Is Well That Ends Well Monday