Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Sheep Jar- A Spring Mason Jar freebie

 "Rain drops keep falling on my head" . 

The little wool piece is a freebie called "Wooly Mug Mat- March" from Shabby Fabrics.  Behind it is "Easter Peep" by With thy Needle and Thread. 

Good morning and Happy Tuesday, sweetie pies.  It is a rainy  but warm day here in the holler. 

 Yesterday, I enjoyed puttering around in the garden, pulling weeds and planning . 

Prairie Schoolers Bunnies  using my own colors. 

Later Mr. Pinker and I went to the grandkiddos' ballgames. 


Another game is scheduled tonight if the the rain subsides and the fields dry up. 


I have been waiting on pins and needles to share the newest mason jar stitch.

 It is called Sheep Jar ( lol couldn't get more original than that? 😄🐑 ) 

Well any whoo. Two chunky quilted sheep are crammed in a mason jar waiting for spring. 

I  have to admit, I had a ball stitching them. I stitched mine on 14 count tea/ coffee dyed aida.

 The design size is 48 x 67 which brought it to about 3 3/8" x 4 3/4" . 

  I am finishing all my mason jars the same way- into little pin pillows with chenille trim around them. 

 Many of you know , but I always like to leave this little disclaimer.  

I stitch my little designs for fun and to decorate my home. I feel very blessed by this community and love sharing my little charts, but I am not a professional designer. And I do not have professional software. Thank you for understanding that I  have to put each page on separate links because of the devices I use. I apologize for that.  These are images of the chart  or JPG s and not downloads.   I am always grateful for your kind encouragement , your visits, and for stitching my little designs. 

Click here for the Instruction page. 


Click here for the Colored Chart. 


Click here for the Black/White Chart. 



 I know I would at least like to have 12 designs in the series, but there may be more. I have already shared two. 

If you missed them, just click on the names below and you will magically be transported back to the  previous posts and the charts. 

Autumn Jar Pinkeep


Winter  Jar and  Winter 

I already have the 4th jar completed and will share it soon. I have also started stitching jar 5. The jar will be the same color , but I haven't decided what to fill it  with yet. Do you have any suggestions of things you would like to see in the jars? 

Have a beautiful day, my friends and enjoy your day! As always...

Happy stitching, ya'll

Melisa

My sheep collection includes : Spring Green SaltboxA Basket for Ewe , Sheep Trifle and Sheep Jar. 

Everything is better in a mason jar. 

Hugs and Stitches!!! ❤🧵🤗

Dedicated to my dear sister, Amy who loved to collect vintage mason jars. Love and miss you, Amo. 


24 comments:

  1. What a lovely design. Wahat would I like to see in a jar ? Sunflowers, lavender, cows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Tuesday, Annelies. Thank you so much for the sweet visit. Those are some fabulous ideas to fill up the mason jars. Right up my alley with some country goodness. Lol. I so appreciate you sparking my imagination. Have a very lovely day. Hugs

      Delete
  2. Super sweet mason jar designs. Really love how you finish off your projects. I really must get more creative. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Tammy. You are so kind. I feel like I finish my stitching the same old way , but for some reason I have a fondness for pin pillows. I do not know how many I need lol, but they sure are easy to tuck in different displays or in trays or baskets. Wishing you a blessed day. Hugs.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for another lovely pattern Melissa!
    Now I just need more time to stitch, 😂🤣😂🤣
    Enjoyed my visit today. Hope the rain stops for the ballgame!
    Barbara xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol thank you so much, Barbara. I am with you - I need more stitching time too. There are so many things I want to get completed or start, but never enough time. Hopefully the rain will stop soon. Happy stitching.

      Delete
  4. The mason jars are darling - thank you! - for some reason I missed the winter one but I'm heading over to save it! And do I see a bunny mason jar hiding behind the others? ;-)
    Blessings,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Donna. I am so excited to be working on the jars. I would like to place them in a wooden bowl at some point. Eeeeh, yes! A little bunny will be hopping this way soon. Happy stitching. Hugs

      Delete
  5. This is adorable and what a great addition to your Mason Jar series, Melisa. It is a rainy day here in my Holler.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Tuesday, Robin. Thank you so much on my little Sheep Jar . I am looking forward to filling my newest jar too. Stay warm , dry and cozy and hope you get to stitch the day away. Hugs.

      Delete
  6. I am currently working on the tulips from the latest saltbox and I think a bunch of them would make a great jar filler - maybe with a robin or two perched some place?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a great idea, Cindy. I am going to add that to my mason jar list and it would look adorable paired with Tulip House. Thank you so much for the inspiration. Hugs

      Delete
  7. Thank you for the new Mason Jar, I love the sheep with patterns. I was thinking sunflowers and mice, but I know that I will love what you decide to include. Lovely spring day here, but the temps are rising and soon I will only be able to garden early morning. I will have to alter my stitching schedule. LOL, always some time for stitching. Have a wonderful day, sending hugs from Arizona.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my how cute would sunflowers and mice be. I would not have thought of them, but lol they would definitely be after the fallen seed wouldn't they? I bet you have to get up real early to avoid the heat once summer time hits. We usually camp out there and we go to sleep late and wake up early because of the heat. But we still have fun.I hope your garden is doing well, Mary. Dad just plowed me up a new garden so I am anxious to plant. Have a blessed day. Hugs and love.

      Delete
  8. Hello, I was trying to download your new design and I'm getting an error message "Forbidden 403" Do I need to sign up (I do subscribe)?

    Thank you, Jody B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sorry, Jody.I am not sure what is happening. I tried the links out and the came up on mine.I do not believe you have to sign in or subscribe. It may be a glitch that has worked itself out. The links are to jpgs so I do not know if that might have something to do with it or not. I hope it works for you soon. Thank you so much for visiting and for making me aware.

      Delete
  9. Thank you for being so generous. At the top of your blog, I'm looking for the pattern of the chick with a hat holding the bunny on a stick. Do you remember the name and designer of this pattern? I've seen it on pinterest only. Patty McDonald

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning, Patty. Thank you so much for visiting me today. That is a old With Thy Needle and Thread design called Easter Peep. I am pretty sure you can order it from Brenda's shop called Country Stitches. Hope you are able to locate it. Happy stitching.

      Delete
  10. Melisa,
    O my!! All your creations are so pretty!! Love them all!! Thanks so much for stopping by and for your kind words!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Deb. I love creating little things to add to my decor. I hope you have a very lovely day and thank you for the sweet visit. Hugs

      Delete
  11. Your finishing is just so great! Plus I absolutely love your patterns. Thank you for providing them, they fill my country home with happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Too totally cute....those fat sheep!! I managed to miss most of my grandson's jr varsity soccer games. It was just too cold for Nana. This has been a chilly spring here in Alabama. Thanks again for sharing all our creativity with us.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely sheep jar Melisa! I have too stitch it as soon as possible...
    A New jar? Well,maybe a Sunflower jar?
    That would be a real summer jar!
    Have a beautiful weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

All Is Well That Ends Well Monday